xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kenobi

Google Earth 4.2 Flight Simulator A hidden Easter egg in the newest version of GE 4.2

Hi I found out on a website that there is a hidden Flight Simulator in the most recent version of Google Earth 4.2 . You can make it active by pressing CTRL+ALT+A which will open a window where you can choose from two airplanes (F-16, SR22) and an airport from which you want to take off. After you activate the Flight Simulator for the first time it will appear in the Tools menu. You can also press CTRL+A for faster way of activating it which will activate the Flight simulator on the spot where your current view is. You can control the plane with keyboard, mouse and joystick, but i recommend mouse because its much more easier than keyboard because the controls are very sensitive. I wish you all lots of fun with this wonderful feature of Google Earth.P.S. If the combination CTRL+ALT+A doesn't start the Flight simulator check if you have the latest version installed clicking on Help and About Google Earth which is 4.2.

Edited by kenobi (see edit history)

Haha, that's awesome, as soon as i was done reading this i had to download google earth and try it. It's so awesome! I'm flying over my own house, thanks for this little easter egg, much fun!

You can fly to school? Is this like a flight simulator of earth? I think my country is too small to be on google earth... I guess i will have to download it and see for myself. Sounds fun enough. lol.