xisto Community
tranvantrung

Make A Home Server In Your Pc

A homer server is basically turning your computer into a domain like Xisto.com, in which instead of loading and testing scripts on a hosting site you can test your scripts on your computer and make sure they work properly before uploading to the hosting site. A good program to have is XAMPP, and also if you follow my ASP tutorial you can set up the Microsoft Version of a server as well.

Small edit: It don't help the users if they can't speak the language the post is in, so hopefully the poser of this topic has a english translation somewhere.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

There was one question I had. I am planning on running a server on a 3 or 4 year old extra computer i had but i have a question regarding bandwidth...I have no doubt that i have enough for my needs (transfering files from one computer to the next) but I would like to know a bit more about bandwidthI have a 100mb connection (I dont know what the up speed is). Assuming the up speed is say... 10 mb per second, how much bandwidth do I have?I never quite figured this out, google didnt help this timethanks for any answers.

Home server ? i guess we can install the IIS server in our home PC and make the computer a server then we have the INETPUB directory in it in which we can upload what we want . In that moreover we have the WWW root folder.

Home server ? i guess we can install the IIS server in our home PC and make the computer a server then we have the INETPUB directory in it in which we can upload what we want .
In that moreover we have the WWW root folder.

I think home server is more than just a web server.
It can be use for file sharing, email monitoring, or web proxy.

It is very nice to use in dormitory :P

i would suggest that the best and the easy way to run a home server is that go for windows , windows has desined an exciting application , the IIS , just by installing and configuring IIS in your system you can have a server running in your computer , all you must do is that you will have a WWW folder , just drag and drop you pages into that folder and that is done you can host a webserver from home :D

There's also XAMPP that install on your windows machine Apache, MySQL, PHP and PerlIt's pretty cool to have these software installed just with a couple of clicks ^^On linux or mac you can look for LAMP tutorials: there are a lot of good guides on how to set up a secure server.And remember to set up correctly your router so you can act as a little server :D

If U Going to run a Home Server Plz Don't Use windows, Use Linux Or Unix It Better. And More Powerfull. Then Windows is

we can also use APACHE server to build a home server....its free and really good to use..