xisto Community
faund

How About Making A Cellphone For Child?

I have an idea that making a cellphone for child.This phone have only 2 buttons, one is "father" the other is "mother". There should be icon on both of buttons and the buttons should be biger than usual.And for security reason, only 2 certain phone number incoming call can be made, any incoming call from other phone number will be ignored. The 2 certain phone number is for father and mother.the phone number of father and mother (or other family member) can be set up when first time use.Will you buy this cellphone for your child(ren)?by the way, My writen English is poor, any correct will be welcome.

There is one like that it is called the dragon phone cell phone. The parent puts numbers in the phone, and for the kid to call them, all he/or she has to do is dial like a particular number, for instance maybe like 4 or 5 whatever the parent decided for. So its sort of like your idea, but i dont know.

Bk2070, thank you for tell me this infomation.I think what we make will be more cartoon and more fit child character.And can you tell me who made the dragon phone?

I've heard of child phones like this (one was called the Firefly I believe??). It's a neat idea I think. It gets kids thinking about what they should really be using their cell phone for---emergencies, not text messaging. Hopefully these cell phones don't kids into bad habits like that. When these phones are used right, they have great benefits. I love your idea of 2 buttons, I don't that exact phone has came out yet.

As husker have said the child phones must not lead kids into bad habits.And I am thinking if parents will worry about the radiation of the cell phone, that's the problem will be settled.For little kids use, the phone should have a loudspeaker. If parents of family member incoming call is made, the phone will automaticly pick up the phone, and play the sound in the loudspeaker. In that way, kids can talk as usual and don't have to get the phone near to their ears.

Attempts and a cell phone for kids has been made. One that springs to mind is the Teddyfone its marketed towards children as young as four and shaped as a bear. To be honest though why on earth would a four year old need a cell phone?

actually there is a cell phone out. Im not sure how it is programmed, but it had i believe three buttons on it.

One button is to recieve a call
One button is to send a call (to home)
One button is to call emergency

I could be wrong, I seen it long long time ago. But regardless, they are out there and do exist. Google children's cell phone and there are plenty of articles and what not. It would be a good idea to give a 13 yr old a cell phone because it would allow them to go to local theatre with friends and still be able to contact them. I use to go, only my buddy had a celly though.

And heres the post about the firefly

Firefly: The Firefly phone is available through Cingular with a contract or as a pay-as-you-go service from major retailers. This translucent blue phone (other shell colors are available) has just a handful of programmable buttons on the front, including “Mom” and “Dad” icons to speed dial those individuals with a push of the button. There is also a 911 button. The phone book (PIN protected) allows parents to program in up to 20 numbers. In addition, an optional instruction sets the phone to automatically reject any call from a number not in the phone book. The Firefly is just a little over 2 ounces and its battery allows for 6 hours of talking, or over a week of standby, between charges.

Source: http://cash4digitaltrash.com/free-email-newsng-children.asp Edited by 9block (see edit history)

Thanks a lot!I have this idea because I haven't seen this kind of cell phone in my local market. I think if I make it even now, It will not be too late. The qustion is how big is the market for the phone.

If the idea has not yet been propogated in your market then I would say that you go out rite away and market this phone of yours. get good sponsors and put it into productions. You can start of by making a beta and posting here and tell other what you've got. We can put up ideas on how you can improve your child cellphone.

In my opinon the best cellular device for children is sold through "Verizon Wireless" it is call the "Migo". This phone is manufactured by "The LG" corporation. It has the following functionalites:A) Four Programable Speed Dials (Can only dial these numbers also)B) Emergency Key -- Used for Dialing 911C) Can be tracked from the parent's phone or via a website interface.D) Small In SizeE) Accepts Incoming CallsVerizon Wireless has a program called chaperone, where the parent can do the following things from their phone or the website interface.A) Locate The DeviceB) Limit Where The Device Can Travel ( Receive SMS Message If The Device Is Out Of Location)C) Change The Numbers That Are ProgrammedD) Change Allowed Travel PathsIf you are in the market to purchase a cellphone I would highly recommend the "Migo"

Well, I know that there's a phone that only the parents can decide who can be called from it. In addition it enables parents to locate where their children are with GPS sattelite. My AP Physics Teacher/Computer Programming Teacher(same guy) is now working on software for a phone that will even tell the parents if their kid was speeding or went somewhere they weren't supposed to go.

There was a small phone ad I saw a while ago. I think it was called "Jitter Bug" or something. It had big clear buttons some for preprogrammed phone numbers, one for operator and one for 911. It is meant for the elderly but it could be applied to children. Since you choose what numbers to program, the kids can only call the selected numbers.

Here is the image

Posted Image

The other one, Disney Phone service is a lot better. They offer more control over who your child calls and how long they talk. You can add quota limits to their talking time and block outgoing and incoming calls.

It's a nice idea, but it depends on the age range of children you are selling the product to. Children these days are getting smarter. I've seen children about age 10 and above in my country using mobile phones that are of even later models than my own.

I guess I would project it toward ages 6-12 years old. but the guardian dictates who calls the child so no matter how tech savvy kids are, they aren't smart enough to bypass the precautionary safety features.

I have a novel idea: Instead of exposing a new still-forming brain to dangerous microwave radiation before it's even had a chance to mature, how about just teaching a child that a cell phone is a tool just for adults and if they really need to dial for help they can use it, only for emergencies, to call 9-1-1 (or whatever your local emergency number is). How about making a world of adventure, friendship, learning, and happiness for a child? That would be a nice thing for a while before they grow up to realize all their ancestors before them didn't give their lives a second thought before they set upon the world methodically destroying, perverting, and toxifying virtually every single square inch of the planet just to make damn sure the child will die a long, anguished, tortured, drawn-out death after living a life enslaved to about 1% of the planet's super-wealthy elite masters, not able to travel without being tracked, not able to defend themselves from the rapist with STDs who comes calling without even bringing flowers. Maybe a few years of happiness would be nice before spending the rest of one's miserable life as a slave to the demons who run this asylum...