xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thing

Paranormal Activity Ever had a paranormal experience?

Have you ever experienced something of a paranormal nature?
Dictionary.com says Paranormal is

of or pertaining to the claimed occurrence of an event or perception without scientific explanation, as psychokinesis, extrasensory perception, or other purportedly supernatural phenomena.

Basically, something that happens without a scientific explanation. Or I just call it "spooky goings on"
The nearest I've got to a paranormal experience was about a year ago. I was walking on a path that led up to a bridge over the canal, on my way to school. The path I was walking in is almost adjacent to a road, but it was quite empty, and quite early in the morning. On the opposite bank of the canal, is a derelict glass works with a yard of cars. I was just minding my own business walking along this pavement, and then I heard some weird noise to my right. It sounded quite eerie, and lasted for less than a couple of seconds. It was coming from really near to my right shoulder - the side by the canal. Only when I turned to look over to my right, nothing was there. Just the canal, no birds or animals on it either. I can't quite describe the sound, just that is was very creepy and not too loud. The noise was shrill and it could maybe have been produce by an animal, but I'm not sure.
I carried on walking and it happened another two times, looking over my shoulder each time, I saw no evidence of what could have been making the noise. The noise actually stopped when I reached the middle of the bridge and when a car happened to go passed me.

My sister has had a paranormal experience before, it happened one day when she was all alone in our house. The room she was in, happened to be our bedroom, on the 2nd floor (2 floors above ground level), and the only room above this bedroom is a very cramped and cluttered attic. Boxes and furniture occupy this room, there's literally no room in there to breathe, yet alone to fit a person in or for them to walk around. This attic is only accessible from a single trapdoor, which is housed in the staircase's ceiling.
Sat around reading a book, nothing spooky I'll have you know, at about five in the evening, she suddenly heard, from above, heavy footsteps, on the opposite side of the room's ceiling. The owner of these footsteps, could have been walking in workman's boots, and they moved in an irregular shuffle. They seemingly headed towards her, no boxes or furniture could be heard scraping out of this person's way, she froze hardly breathing, hardly believing what she could hear. The footsteps neared the ceiling above where she resided, they suddenly stopped. She sat motionless for a hour, never to hear the footsteps again.
She refuses to stay alone in the house to this day.

My friend had an experience with the paranormal today. She was in her bathroom, about to wash her hair, when she heard somebody whisper "red" and then another word. She was quite shocked by this, as you would be if you heard someone talking in a room unoccupied apart from yourself, but when she turned to look, the room was as before - unoccupied. She washed her hair, then looking in the mirror, she sighted a person looking over the top of the bathroom door, which was open slightly. Once again, she looked for a person, but sighted no-one. Not even in the adjoining rooms.

I found these on a forum, they are really quite strange, I must say:

I was in the restroom in the middle of the night. It was winter so a gas heater was lit next to the toilet. Gave off a bit of light. Not sure how old I was but I was small enough that my feel didn't' touch the bathroom floor while I sat on the toilet. I turned and looked at the doorway into the hall. Several of those little balls rolled slowly down the hallway past the door. They rolled past the door then came back and into the bathroom. I remember lifting up my feet because I was scared and didn't want them to touch me. Then they rolled back out.

The second story:

It wasnt me, but my nannas friend comes from Ireland, and a couple of years he went back to visit all his old friends and family. anyway as he was drving from the airport he saw a guy he used to know on the side of the road, so he pulled up asked where he was going asnd gave him a lift. they spent the whole time talking about when they were young etc. Just before town his friend asked him to pull over and got out, so they parted ways. anyway when he finally reached his destination he told them hed just seen his old friend and they looked at him like he was nuts, apparently the guy had died last week and that morning there'd beena funeral.

And another:

I was around 12 years old.. in 2000, when I had first gotten my computer, and like many, I used to stay up until 5-7 AM in the morning on it. (ha, what'dyaknow, it's 5:22 AM here right now) I was in the kitchen, cooking some eggs probably.. and I turned around towards the doorway to the living room and saw a black figure walk across the open doorway. I know I saw something walking past.
A few days later, I was going to use the bathroom at around the same time.. when I saw something glowing white moving around through the crack of my Mom's bedroom door. I looked inside and saw nothing after that.

- Samuella

From the forum on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ you need to be logged in to view the topic though:
here

So, have any of you witnessed anything paranormal?

oh, I have found a few extra interesting ones on different forums. KittyRadio and RekordsRekords...

This one's weird:

I saw this weird thing in the basement of the house i lived in while growing up. it was made of something the consistency of cake batter and sat on a bed down there.
Once I went to a house said to be haunted. There were two little girls who lived there, twins, and I walked by them on the way upstairs to my friend's room. As I passed the twins room, I heard what I thought was them playing and whispering to each other. Then I remembered I had just seen them downstairs and there was no way they could have passed me. I peered into the room but saw nothing.

- Crassy

From Rekords Rekords (FORUM):

The hospital I work at is really old and fabled with ghost stories. Clients will tell me when I got to their room to check on them that "the lady in white is really nice" or "can you tell the man in black to leave me alone?" The lady in white is a nurse that used to work in the hospital years and years ago. She ended up dying in the hospital. One of my friends worked for 3 days as a ward clerk. He was walking down the hallway at night and she walked right up to him. It freaked him out so bad that he grabbed his stuff and left immediatly, and refuses to come back into the hospital ever again.
The man in black is what I consider the "angel of death" or something close to it. Most of the clients that see this are very close to death. Gives me a bit of a heads up when they tell me this, I know something bad is going on with them.

I have seen things I know were not there at work. This weekend was the worst - we were swamped with ER's coming in and were running our asses off. I would run by the a room and see a glimmer of white for a second and then when I would go back and look it would be empty. And you can walk into a empty room and feel like someone is watching your every move...its kind of creepy, but I keep hoping I see a better view of the ghost sometime.

- nurse_kagome

I lived in Greenfield, Mass., which is very unhappy Indian land and has a strange combination of working-class stiffs and weird, freaky witchcraft-practicing teenagers. My little single was quite haunted with a variety of spooks including, but not limited to:1)a man-sized, greyish portal that resided in the hallway
2)a minor poltergeist that would open drawers after you swore you closed them
3)some vague apparition that looked like an old lady that appeared often in my bedroom(not my gf), and
4)hosts of astral projections, thought forms, minions and the odd lesser demon that would come and go, sometimes doing somebody's bidding and sometimes just floating thru, often harassing me(and certain, aware guests).

- Andi Christ

When i was 5 or 6, there was a old football changing rooms behind the pub accross the road from my mums old flat. Once some neighbourhood kid locked me and my brother in there and i swear there were skeletons sitting on the benches, and a ghost flying around in circles just below the ceiling. I *BLEEP* myself. I always had a weird feeling about the place ever since, a few years later it got knocked down and a nursery was built were it used to be. I don't have many childhood memories but that is one of the most vivid.

- Cornholio

two separate times i have seen light orange orbs in the sky. both times they were stationary in the sky, like very bright stars, but they randomly moved laterally and vertically and then stopped again. several times. no aircraft can possibly move like that. and both times it was three of them, but they didn't seem to be connected. the first time, i was very far out in the country on a dirt road with two guys. it was 3 or 4 in the morning. we got out to look at these things, and after a few minutes of watching we heard a grumbling gravelly voice say "What are you doing?!?!?!??!" from inside a bush three feet away from us. then we ran back to the car and drove away like sissy girls. i still have no idea where the voice actually came from or what the orbs were.

- pituiterrydactyl

creepy stuff

Notice from Kubi:
Merged double posts. Next time use the EDIT feature. Verbal warning.

Edited by Thing (see edit history)

You know what really weirds me out, i mean, I've had some stuff kinda like these stories, but what is really weird to me is when I have a feeling about someone, like, something totally random about their life that I have no possible way of knowing, and I mean big stuff, but I get the weirdest feeling and then my feeling turns out to be true and... eh, just freaky.

Good job:) You just received a bunch of credits by copying half of other people's thouthts. I hope, you at least realize that you could say all of that in less than 10 lines of forum text.On subj. I don't believe ina ny of that. All those stories are just coincideces followed by human fear adding details that were never there. P. S. Answering your unspoken question - yes, I am an atheist.

If you ask me, paranormal stuff is like. When we can't explain something we think well. It must be like paranormal.Well thousands of years ago stuff happened that people didn't understand and they made up explanations for it. I reckon ghosts are just the same thing except a few thousand years later.

P. S. Answering your unspoken question - yes, I am an atheist.

I'm not religious, I have no religion at all, yet I believe in this to some extent. So in that way, religion doesn't have to do with PA...

If you ask me, paranormal stuff is like. When we can't explain something we think well. It must be like paranormal.

Good point. If it was to do with religion, it would not be called Paranormal Activity, but "miracles".

:rolleyes: People who are spiritual but do not participate in organized religion may have the strongest belief in psychic abilities. Also, emerging research indicates that genetic factors may have a role in spiritual and paranormal beliefsWhen you talk to someone about life after death, you might engage them in a religious discussion. Different religions present different hypotheses concerning what happens to your soul after you die. At the other end of the scale, they might simply declare that the soul doesn't even exist, and that there is no afterlife.Of course, others will proclaim that you become a ghost. This might indeed represent the majority of people. But do people really understand what they are saying when they talk about "becoming a ghost"? I think not.There are many district yet related concepts which together come loosely under the umbrella of spiritualism. If you ask someone about what they think about mediums, you'll receive anything from outright disbelief to complete enthusiasm. Many people will say that they've visited mediums, and been presented with positive results. Others will declare the whole thing a con - a way for deceitful people to exploit people's beliefs to make money out of them.I could talk in similar terms about telekinesis, fortune-telling, reincarnation, clairvoyance, clairaudience, poltergeists, possession, amid many other things "spiritual". But what is meant by "spiritual"?As much as many people in the world today will dismiss spirituality out of hand, or at least certain aspects of it (those aspects that don't fit into their engrained personal belief systems), it simply cannot be denied that there is something more to reality than meets the eye.Two ways for People to think upon it All.Let's think about this logically. There have been untold millions of cases where people claim to have experienced the spiritual - something paranormal that defies scientific explanation. There is no doubt that a significant percentage of these cases come from the imagination of the person in question. After all, we are all of the same species, all have roughly the same brain composition, and hence all experience the world in a fundamentally similar way.But what about the untold thousands of cases of direct paranormal experience for which there is significant evidence? These cannot be dismissed.If they cannot be dismissed, then they must be explained. All facts in the world are born of reason. Every process in the world (and in the universe) can be reduced from other facts. Some will explain it all as the meaning of ,Cause and effect.The thing that distinguishes the normal from the paranormal (or spiritual) is that spirituality is not born of reason. There are no known mechanisms in the universe that cause a person to be reincarnated, or to become a ghost, or to allow people to communicate from mind to mind.It follows logically that since every process in the universe must be rational, and that the body of evidence for the spiritual is overwhelming, that there must be a mechanistic process in the cosmos that permits and explains such paranormal phenomena.But Truth is Logically ,some areas can not be explained ,There are truths to everything each of us come in contact with every day of our lives ,some do not even know ,what is around them every day ,There spirits and minds ,energy are not tuned into their surroundings as some other?s are energy tuned into .Some will experience things in their lives others will not ,reason is their energy is acceptable and sensitive to those energies that are from spirit ,that are wandering this life ,for a reason before peace finds their spirits to rest .Everything does happen in our Lives for a reason though.Lets not think Logically ThenLet?s Think of the unknown ,that is seen and felt by others but can not be Explained in our Lives ,We all experienced it in some form or another in our Life Time.Some just do not really openly discuss those experienced ,afraid of being judged by another.Between the natural and the supernatural. That is, Indigenous groups resisted defining nature as just what can be seen by the eye, or felt by the body, or heard by the ear. Indeed, some notions of nature also involved the supernatural, for gifted members of society could see, feel, hear and interact with what we would call supernatural forces. Thus, forces and powers of the spirit world, including ancestors and unknown energies in the cosmos were part of the natural order, since they were accorded influence in the affairs of animals, humans and the landscape at large. Some People from different cultures are born with insight of the unknown ,otherwise known as gifts from within ,as in many ways we are all born with such gifts in our spirits ,sadly though to some of the unknown it does not get fully recognized in their lifetime for to some all things have to hold a logically reason for one to truly believe in the unknown.The facts become important to search out rather than accepting and cherishing the unknown ,only we can see feel or experience ,for all energies has a reason why? It came into your life in the first place for you to experience it at the time you did .For all areas or stories of the unknown and real experiences that we all have to tell ,holds a reason to being in touched with in our lives ,why it is there to experience it in self in first place .I believe all should be respected completely.Not questions logically.The unknown is fascinating Feeling to experienced in Life Time ,if really look into Why it has come into your Life at that particular moment.It holds a meaning for your Life and The journey you must take for your own self .So I guess We all could look at these areas in two different ways in Our Lives .One is to believe or One is to be skeptical of everything .As for my Spirit I choose to believe. ;)

This is a very interesting topic and i am sure that everyone will find something in their lives, what they cannot explain. I had a lot of experience of this kind in my life but I can remember only two right now so I will describe them in a little bit more detail. The first thing that I cannot explain happened to me when I was around 12 years of age and I was eating dinner with my family. It was dark outside and as far as i remember it was somewhere in september. All of my family members were sitting at the table with me and suddenly we heard footsteps above us in the attics! It was unbelievable and we couldn't believe our ears. It just didn't go away for about a minute or so and then my dad and i decided to go up and take a look at what it is crawling around are attics. We went up the stairs slowly and as we approached the door there was nothing we could here. We slowly opened the doors and stepped inside the attics (quite big). We stood there, waiting to hear somehting, asked if anyone is there but there was no answer and no other sound whatsoever! We searched the whole attics and I was completely scared :rolleyes: We found nothing so we went back down into the kitchen and we never hear that "thing" again!The second weard thing happened to me when I was also with my family in Vrsar, Croatia on vacation. We were standing on top of the hill in the night, wathcing yachts far down below and then we started looking into the sky to see a shooting star or something... Suddenly a bright light like a star but a lot brighter appeared far far above and it started moving fast in one direction and we thought it was a plane or something. But then it stopped and started moving backwards, then in circles, weard elipses and then it sort of whooshed out of sight like a comet! I don't know to this day what that was..if anyone can explain that to me, I'd really be happy.There were also other strange stuff that happened to me. Once I was looking out of the window and told my self that I can do stuff with my mind - I was watching some sort of movie of that kind before and I was in the right mood! So I was looking out of the window and a motorcycle came by delievering evening-news. He never turns off his bike, because he just stops throws the newspaper inside our garden and drives on. Well I thought hard that his bike would turn off somehow and GUESS WHAT, IT DID TURN OFF! Delievery-boy tried to turn it back on for about a minute and then I stopped concentrating and the machine started working again...That was amazing feeling and I couldn't believe my eyes...There are powers inside us for sure!

Have you ever seen something out of the corner of your eye and as soon as you look there is nothing there? Sometimes I think I'm going crazy because it happens to me often. Of course there are common everyday explanations that would account for some of these gremlins such as little flying insects, even indoors this can play with your mind quite a bit. Anyone who has houseplants may have had to deal with the little flying bandits called fungus gnats. They are tiny little black flies that feed on your houseplants roots while in larva stage and then they fly around bothering people sometimes playing tricks on your eyes.Something the mind does involuntarily is fabricate explanations for things that have never been seen before. The reason for this is that the mind "sees" in images not words. When I say cat, your mind is displaying an image of a cat rather than the word cat even though you have just read the word cat the mind will insist on showing the image of a cat. If you are digging around in the backyard garden and unearth a cat your mind recognizes this right away as a cat not because you have read the word but because you "associate" the word with the image of a cat. Now if you had never seen a cat before your mind might jump to all kinds of conclusioins based on what kinds of images resembling a buried cat your mind has been exposed to. Perhaps having read about cats your mind would be able to assume that the thing you dug up from the garden fits the description of a cat so that's not too bad. Now imagine you have never seen a cat nor have you read about a cat nor have you ever even heard mention of a cat or cats from anyone you ever spoke to. What do you think your mind would do? Well, first you would be shown every image resembling a buried cat you ever saw from horror movies to documentaries and even the Simpsons Itchy and Scratchy shows where the mouse manages to strip the skin right off the cat in almost every episode. Next you would be thinking it might even be alien since you never saw one before! Ancient peoples must have been crapping in their loincloths the first time they saw beings from other worlds. Hell, Columbus (and any other newcomers) must have dropped a turd at the first sighting of a native american indian! Sometimes people need to see to believe and sometimes even then there remains doubt. People can be pretty narrow minded about the unknown.There have been discoveries of an unknown nature in many parts of the world both in air and water due to the proliferation of cheap film equipment such as digital cameras and camcorders. Some of these things are still very elusive and that makes it hard to prove the existance of such things as the flying rods. Try thumping your hand on the top of your head while watching TV. Notice the flickering effect? This is caused by the optical receptors in your eyes being shifted slightly at the rate of the raster scan that is speeding accross your TV screen line by line. Maybe a poor example but it helps to explain how a change in the way we look at things can lead to new discoveries. Now that people have seen pictures of flying rods there is something to register in your mind if you happen to see one by some strange set of circumstances then you will not think you imagined something. I can just imagine what we might see if we started to look through various filters such as infrared etc.... NASA knows all about that right? (hordes of UFO discovered during the tether incident)So until we have caught and disected one of these rods you never know what you might be seeing in the shadows, in your closet or under the bed at night, (if they come out at night). Paranormal ...until proven otherwise.

Unfortunately this topic is considered a 'gray-area' to many people.I'll just offer a story my mom likes to tell at dinners:It was several years ago, back when my younger brother was only 2. My mother waswashing dishes in the kitchen, me and my brother were playing in the TV room. Nothing was out of the ordinary that day. Suddenly though, as if someone was whisperingin her ear, my mom could have sworn some one said softly the words "In his mouth".See she remembers hearing distinctively, a soft male voice from right next to her..My mom got the sudden urge to check me and my brother. When she came into the living room,she looked in my little brother's mouth and found a button to a coat, something my brother couldhave possibly choked on..Strange things that no one can explain... that's basically what it is...

Those are really interesting stories indeed, I have not had any of these experiences to share that I remember, but I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate reading these stories, they are really interesting.

Those are really interesting stories indeed, I have not had any of these experiences to share that I remember, but I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate reading these stories, they are really interesting.

You might like this one then...

I was maybe 4 or 5 years old maybe 6 can't remember. Just barely old enough to be walking to the corner store in a small town to get candy with my little sister who would have been maybe 3.. still in diapers but walking and old enough to like icecream. Anyway we are walking back from the store on a sunny afternoon each having an icecream cone but hers was melting faster than her little tongue could lick and she held it at an angle and yes the scoop fell right on the ground. She started bawling and I felt bad and gave her my icecream cone.

She was given up for adoption to distant family in the states and we did not see each other for a long time. She also had a different father than I but the same Mom. Her father was never in my life, I have no idea who or where he is or ever was. Nada. So we are now adults and she tells me she had found her Dad and touched base now and then... and on one of these occasions he tells her that he recalls having a dream in which he saw 2 kids with icecream... one was crying and the other gave an icecream cone... she had never told him the story and I am not sure if he had some feeling that the dream was about her or not ...WOW

I've always wanted to, but never really can say that I've had a paranormal experience.I believe in ghosts and the possibilities, and I have experienced first hand the power of Energy work, likeAcupressure, or Shiatsu.However, my aunt Mary has had some odd experiences.When she was little she used to have a ghost visitor her from time to time, they would talk, and hang outin the attic. She told me how sometimes, I think on the ghost's birth or death day anniversary she would show upas her corpse...in my mind that always freaked me out... (I wouldn't set foot in the attic till I was 15 lol). Sometimes I did notice though, we would be outside and nobody would be home, and somehow the Attic lights will turn on by themselves.I'd like to get a digital recorder and tour some ghost sites and try to catch an EVP. That would be sweet.

I love these kinds of stories! I'd like to share some stories with everyone as well :DWhen i was younger, maybe around the age of 2, i lived in the country called the Philippines. The Philippines is a beautiful country, lots of plants and space and completely surrounded by ocean. Well one summer day there was an earth quake that shook all the houses in whole area and my mom got so scared that she grabbed my brother and she thought that i was already taken by her older brother but when she saw him out side without me they both realized that i was still in the house in my crib. My mom told me that they waited till the earthquake was over until they headed back inside! When the earth quake stopped they both ran in to check to see if i was ok. Many of our belongings and stuff were on the floor. picture frames broken and furniture moved around but the area around my crib was untouched and my mom told me that i when they looked over at my crib they told me that i was sitting in my crib laughing and playing with something but it wasn't visible. and they told me (once i was old enough to understand) that during that day there was a guardian angel covering my crib and that there was a little gnome playing with me in the crib to keep me distracted and kept me from crying. it kind of makes me wonder if babies can really see these things because i do believe in mythological creatures because in the philippines you will really find them there! I am also religious :D and i do believe in god. but i'm not super hard core about religion :DThis happened to my mom :My mom used to work in a nursing home and a few weeks before she quit one of the nurses she worked with had committed suicide by taking pain killers and douching her self in gasoline and lighting herself on fire. What cause this poor girl to commit suicide was the fact that her fiancee and cheated on her and she got furious because they were supposed to get married. So she ended up getting so upset that she took pain killers from the nursing home went back to her apartment and burned herself to death. After that happened they hung a picture of this nurse above the nurses station so that this picture over looked all the nurses while they worked. and one day they nurses got so freaked out by the picture that they took down the picture of the nurse. The Nurse that died got furious and while my mom was working grave yard shift the ghost nurse had pushed all paper work and everything on the nurses station on the floor. and it scared everyone that they hung up the picture again. Some of the residents say that they see the nurse in her favorite room (in this room she would call her fiancee because she got the best reception here) and some say that they here her talking on the phone saying her sweet good byes and i love yous. and another night when my mom was in the tv room she was sitting there watching the news and the door opened and she saw the seat next to her make a indent. and that scared her so much that she never went to that tv room and she quit of course.Another interesting thing i'd like to tell you guys. I just moved to my current address about 3 years ago. and a long time ago the area that my house stands used to be an insane asylum :) isn't that great? i'm living on a burned down insane asylum! My dad has had really weird occurrences with a female ghost or spirit in our house!!! So my dad was doing the renovations to our kitchen. we were adding tiles for splash back or what ever its called. and my dad measured the tile and marked it 3 times and when he cut it it came out 2 inches short. Now my dad did this over 4 times after getting it right the 5th time. and when i came home from school as i walked into the kitchen where my dad was measuring the tile that he needed to cut i walked in and i smelled a light smell of cherry blossoms. and i asked dad if he had cherries as a snack and he said that we didn't even have cherries and i told him that i smelled cherry blossoms but it was light. and then when i said that the cherry blossom fragrance disappeared. and my dad cut the tile and said "wow one time and i got it. now how come this didn't happen last time?" he told me that he kept getting the wrong measurements and i told him that maybe our guardian was messing with him. and he laughed and said yea probably. :D i have more stories but o.o its already 1 am!! i'll share more later :D:) thats if anyone wants to hear more? :P

Just a month ago, I was babysitting my brother and sisters at home one night while my parents were out and I was upstairs fetching something. There was only one light on and it was in the hall. I was heading downstairs where at the corner of my eye, a black shadowy figure appeared in the doorway of my parents bedroom. I focused and the figure disappeared. I decided to investigate and when I entered the room, it was cold! (It was 30 degress Celsius outside). And it was like that for the rest of the night!