xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Alert! Stay Off This Mail GMail SMS Scam

BEWARE FRIENDS SOON ALL OF YOU WHO ARE GMAIL HOLDERS WILL GET AN EMAIL LIKE THE FOLLOWING FROM THE FOLLOWING USER. DON'T i REPEAT DO NOT FOLLOW IT NEITHER CLICK THE LINK. iT'S A COOKIE STEALER. TRUST ME DON'T DO IT. FORWARD IT TO ALL.

from GMail Team com> hide details 5:50 pm (1 hour ago) date Sep 9, 2007 5:50 PM
subject Send & Receive Free SMS From GMail Account!!!
mailed-by gmail.com

Dear Valuable GMail User,

GMail Team proudly introducing FREE SMS portal(Beta Version) to send and receive SMS via GMail Account. Please click on following link to activate.

h t t p: / / getnewfeatures.110mb.com/Welcome%20...ogle%20Mail.htm

You will be able to enjoy this service from October 2007

Thank You

Warm Wishes

GMail Team!!!

Got this alert from my friend.
Edited by delivi
disable link by jlhaslip (see edit history)

BEWARE FRIENDS SOON ALL OF YOU WHO ARE GMAIL HOLDERS WILL GET AN EMAIL LIKE THE FOLLOWING FROM THE FOLLOWING USER. DON'T i REPEAT DO NOT FOLLOW IT NEITHER CLICK THE LINK. iT'S A COOKIE STEALER. TRUST ME DON'T DO IT. FORWARD IT TO ALL.

Got this alert from my friend.

I hope that most Xisto members are computer-savvy enough to notice that the URL doesn't come from the Google domain. :P

Plus, it should filter to your Spam folder anyway.

the URL is not a google domain so I would not click on it ... thanks anyway.. I know that there is people who clicks on any url without thinking of the future :P

this is posted here just to keep the users informed of the possible threat. This mail was not sent to Spam Folder.

I guess that doesn't surprise me, since I've gotten spam in my Inbox from time to time.

Nothing's perfect, but I can say that GMail is pretty damn awesome compared to other feeble attempts made by other e-mail services. :P

Good looking out.

Now hopefully you did the smart thing and went to 110.com and sent a email stating the fact that this domain is a bad domain. Of course you need to show the proof of it as well so hopefully you save something to that fact.

GMail Free SMS spam

Alert! Stay Off This Mail

Replying to delivi

Hello all,

Without checking if this link is genuine, I clicked it :( .

Wat are the steps that I can possibly take ?

Please help me out ..

What are the adverse effects that I might expect ?