xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

When Your Heart Runs Rampant.

Have you ever fallen head-over-heels for somebody... but you didn't know why?

It happens to the best of us.

And the worse.

But I always want to know why it happens.

Like this one guy on our tennis team... I don't think he is all that cute... but i can't help but wanting to be with him. He has the world's most wounderfull personallity, he is such a good tennis player... he is sweet and caring and kind... poor thing's only 5'0"...

Why can't everybody see past looks... and se what REALLY counts? I mean, is it ALL that important to have a sexy "fling" (teenage slang for those of you who don't know)

I think the world would be much happier this way...

What do you say?

That would make life a lot more fair, yes. But sexual attraction is basic human nature and it usually overrules personality (at least for the short term). Of course, personality is required for a long-term relationship, but a lot of people are not looking for that.

I'd say, go for him. Standards regarding the physical appearance are but standards casted by media. Well, it would be common for people to "mock" you for having a fling that short but who cares? After all, it's you who will be with him and it will be your happiness or sadness. On the other hand...People would keep on saying "Personality matters most." but it takes a courageous person to actually live to those words. go for him. :P

I agree with Linekill. Maybe his looks might be making you not feel like going towards him, but be his friend for now. Maybe his personality would be too good for you to even care anymore for his looks or what other people would tease you or mock you.Standards are just generalizations cast by the media. Low self-esteem is the perfect sellers dream after all. Just because they exist doesn't mean you have to follow them. It just requires a thinking, what do YOU want. How is that possible that someone else tells you what you want or need? It's a "trend" you can say here to have a girlfriend/boyfriend, maybe even for the heck of it and you might not even know the other person well. But I feel actually better-off being without one 'cause I haven't found the right girl for now. And I know from other's experiences it's hard and irritating to live upto the expectations of a person you couldn't care less for.If you really feel like, just go for him. Well personally I would advise you to first be his friend, know him more and then decide over. I get this feeling it won't be that hard for you either to care less for his height or anything other than that either as you actually noticed him and gave it a thought. Most people tend to stay away from this too! Good luck for whatever you plan to do. :P

Why can't everybody see past looks... and se what REALLY counts? I mean, is it ALL that important to have a sexy "fling" (teenage slang for those of you who don't know)

I think the world would be much happier this way...

What do you say?

That totally depends on a person's viewpoint. To me a girls' body is not my first goal when I meet her. I have a friend - not a girlfriend, just a friend. She is clearly not the sexiest person in school, just when I'm around her - I feel that I have wings growing on my back. Every day I spend about 10 minutes after school with her, while she is waiting for her bus. I know that I should be probably using the time to go home, do homework not to be late for work... But I spend the time with her, because when I am around her - I know, that nothing else could be more amusing than her. When she does not answer her phone, or something else - I can't fing a place for myself, I go all nervous and think, how much I really love her. Now, that's what hppens, when I think emotionally. When I think rationally - tehere's nothing really that attracting in her.

So - follow your heart.