xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TikiPrincess

Talk Like A Pirate Day Arrrrrrrr Sept 19th be approaching

So about 5 years ago, the morning show on my local radio station found out about these two guys that had deemed September 19th as International Talk Like a Pirate Day. That particular date also happened to coincide with the inaugural Vegas bachelor party for our little group of friends. (We've had four weddings since, and the boys have gone partied in Vegas each time to celebrate the demise of the groom's bachelorhood.) Ever since then, my favorite radio station and my group of friends has honored the day.
Why talk like a pirate, you may ask? Why not? :P It's just a fun, crazy thing to participate in and have some harmless fun doing. Walk around saying "Arrrrrrr!" and "Shiver me timbers!" and see who answers back. :P Try out a piratey pick-up line compiled by the founders of Talk Like a Pirate Day, Cap'n Slappy and Ol' Chumbucket. Or just visit their website to see how it all started and how to get some Pirattitude for the day.
We're lucky enough to have a Pirate's Dinner Adventure nearby, but I haven't yet celebrated the day there. It's kinda like Medieval Times except that the stage is a sunken pool of water with a pirate ship as the battlefield. Last year, the morning show broadcast there and let listeners in for free, so I'm hoping they do that this year too.
However, my friends and I get together for a dinner night every week. It's something we've done for about 8 years now. The cook rotates each week, so sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not so good (for example the refried bean enchiladas were not very tasty). And the number of people can be as few as three or as many as 15, just so long as we get together to kick back and hang out. This year our dinner night lands on September 19th, with yours truly as the cook for that night. I'd love to cook up a big batch of turkey legs with some jugs of Captain Morgan, but I'm not exactly sure where I'd get a batch of turkey legs. So I think I'm gonna go with jerk chicken, maybe some jambalaya or gumbo, and rum-based drinks because we're not the type to swig straight rum. Yup, we be lily-livered land lubbers. :D

That sounds like it could be really funny :D I'm loving the pick-up lines, especially. And for once, ladies' pick-up lines.I'm going to have to tell all my friends those pick-ups lines, definetly :P

Yarr, that be soundin' like fun. A bit crude but still shivers me timber, yarr!I especially liked the female pirate's pickup line: "I've crushed seventeen men's skulls between me thighs!" I wonder how that came to be :DI'll probably try to greet my co-workers a Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day by walking them off the plank. Oh, did I mention we're on the 31st floor? :P

Shiver me timbers! What are ye talking about pirate day me hardys. Seriously that day sound weird and fun at the same time. I don't know why its sept. 19 tough seems kind of random. found the site on it http://talklikeapirate.com/wordpress/ said that they have a radio station to maybe you heard it from them, sounds kind of made up tough its not like a real holiday. Then I read a little stuff and said that it was to celebrate pirates of the Caribbean and something about Virgin Island. Here is to translate stuff http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Its kind of funny and it really does translate but some words are cut off and then they replace it with a '.

How could anyone ever forget Talk Like A Pirat Day??? i have a website that has pirate in it (thepiratedock.com/thepiratedock.net/thepiratedock.info) and i devoted my sites to it for a day! there is no better day then Talk Like A Pirate Day