xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
timmik

Counterstrike Source

I was never really a fan of the original Counter-Strike, I was more of a Team Fortress Classic or Day of Defeat guy. However, I still gave Counter-Strike many, many chances to entertain me -- all of them were unsuccessful. My main issue with Counter-Strike is the round-based system it uses. Fight for a minute or two, someone could get a lucky shot... and then you sit and wait for 4 or 5 minutes to do this again.I do admire what this game has accomplished in terms of popularity and strengthening the Half-Life community, but I can't bring myself to enjoy it.When Half-Life 2 was released, and shortly thereafter, Counter-Strike: Source, I thought: "Well, maybe this is going to be improved." I was correct. Sort of.Yeah, the egine was updated, and yeah, there are some new things.. but it is basically the same thing. VALVe (creators of Half-Life) created the Source engine, the Countr-Strike development team threw it into their game, and that was about it. I see basically the exact same game I saw a few years ago running on the HL1 (Quake) engine.So, nothing changed: Counter-Strike is the same. I still don't like it.

is that the free one? i gues it is ok but i really like mohaa and call of duty i really don't get the point of these games it didn't really happen so it's all make up why not real like WW2 and WW1 and all i mean some weird person made the whole storey up. WEIRD!!!!

54082[/snapback]

Nope it is not free you have to pay for it. and if you don't play yet i should recommecnd you counterstrike first part. just buy it is really cheap. and if you like it buy counterstrike source. it is much more beautiful and more fun:)

Source if definitely an improvement in the Counter Strike series but it doesnt mean to say it is perfect. The take on guns and realism is great but i do have a little dislike towards the using a shotgun with out bullets will damage it and then you have to fill in a report and file it to the cleaning facility which leaves you with no gun for 2-3 rounds except your pistol because it disbles your buying of other primary gun equipment. This seems to be a direct contridiction to realism because if a S.W.A.T member had to give in his shotgun for repair i dont think he would walk in on the hostage situation with a usp only but have a colt or a mp5 atleast so therefore i feel that they can change this rule to only buying other primary weapons not the shotgun wen it is in the repair mode. The same feeling goes towards the unholtering of the knife between rounds or it becomes less powerful due to dirt and stuff will a fun game be turned into a house wives cleaning utility ? There are varying bugs and exploits that can be fixed but it seems that steam is a waste of time. I feel that they are a glorified cheating death because at first the updates used to be regular and had actual fixes in them. Now however all i seem to get in my steam updates are new maps and a speel about how the valve team challenged sum mod team at their game and blah blah with no crtitical updates being done. yet valve and steam still inforce their iron clad rule with no fixes in a long time...