xisto Community
csp4.0

Which Graphics/video Card? The Almighty 8800GTX or the Uber Overkill 8800Ultra?

Which Graphics Card?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just out of curiosity I want to here your opinion, if you were making a computer and there was a choice of a 8800GTX and a 8800Ultra which one would you take.The logical answer would be the 8800ULTRA since it has higher clock speeds, better looking etc but I've heard some people say that the 8800Ultra overheats your computer, too big, and uses too much power.Others say that the 8800GTS is much more worth the money, what do you prefer?

You better be more specific because there are a lot cards with those names 8800Ultra and 8800GTX. Either way I wouldn't be spending that kind of money on cards like that when I could get something better and cheaper. Heck my built computer cost almost just as much as one of those gfx cards, and on top of that you be sacrificing a lot of space and other possible hardware to fit one of these in.

Different companies sell differently clocked products, and those differences approach hundreds of megahertz. Now if you're comparing the same companies, then I'd go with the 8800 Ultra, they have pretty close pricing, and with enough ventilation in my case, it shouldn't overheat.

When i built my computer back in April of 2007 i was looking at the 8800 GTX i wanted to get it... however i did not have the extra 100 bucks to get it...So instead i got the 8800 GTS 640mb.It kicks some *bottom* no doubt and i would not trade it for anything less... If i really want the GTX's clock ill overclock it up true ill never be able to reach the same ammount of ram but heh... im only just under it by about 90mbs...Truely you dont need it at this time and if you are really going to need more than 640 your going to get 2 8800 GTX's becasue you doing some super labor intensive stuff on those cards...

Well the only reason he would need two if them if he was doing pixar animation type stuff, but if its gaming then he only needs one because thatt could be the only that could fit depending on the size of the motherboard and the case. Of course it all depends on the set up of the motherboard, if he has or gets a motherboard that allow the video card fit in comfortably with out knocking into wires or parts on the motherboard then he will be fine.

I already chosen my graphics card, and this is just out of curiosity since I was watching a debate at school couple'la months back, these peopl were argueing about which card is better. So if you had enough money, and you had a full ATX case with 10 fans, would you get the GTX or ULTRAPS not talking about which brand Gigabyte, XFX, ASUS etc, just the nVidia Standard i.e. 575MHz GTX Core Clock, so mot overclockedPS v.2 I found this MSI 8800 Ultra on Newegg that costs only US$600, pretty cheap when you see its core/memory clock. PS v.3 This is just an opinion, but personally I think 2 8800ULTRAS (standard) in SLI will either overheat you entire computer (if you don't have sufficient cooling) or, it'll act as a heater