xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
reith

Javachat And Cgi Chat Not Working

I recently got hosted today, and was looking to put up a chat for my site that can allow multiple log ins from the same location, and while going through the cpanel I saw phpchat, configured it and logged in, but found that it seemed a bit laggy, and it flashed strangely when inputting new text, but the strangest thing to me was that the text was reversed, instead of new text coming from the bottom, and old up at the top, the new text came from the top and old was at the bottom, needless to say this was disorienting to me and without knowing how to reverse it, I turned to the java/cgi chat, and using the links it showed me, I put both into a page on the site just to check it out, and as I did the java loaded, but said it could not connect to the server, and so I couldn't test to see how that worked, and the cgi based chat had a form where I could input my nickname then go in, but it said the server took too long in order to respond. I figured there would be something to configure but there doesn't seem to be, I apologize if I missed anything, but is there anything I can do to make them work? If needed I can post anything that it said in order to help with getting this resolved, I seem to have few other choices to turn to at this point other than those two. Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it!

Yeah, when I first got hosted I thought the same thing and tried them all. Phpmychat was too laggy and the CGI chat did not work at all.I'm actually in the process of designing a type of chat right now, it's in Alpha stage right now. But it also might fail.I have no idea whether or not the two chats rely on different servers. I even had people test them.

Yeah, when I first got hosted I thought the same thing and tried them all. Phpmychat was too laggy and the CGI chat did not work at all.
I'm actually in the process of designing a type of chat right now, it's in Alpha stage right now. But it also might fail.

I have no idea whether or not the two chats rely on different servers. I even had people test them.

Does this mean the admins/mods don't know of the problem, or just that they have as of yet been unable to remedy it? I'd love to use Xisto's own solutions since they seem so much more simplistic and the ease of use is actually quite high, but if you do find another solution please PM me or something, I'll gladly help with any testing, my coding knowledge is limited but I'm able to do any testing or bug reporting and what not if you need any assistance. It's really too bad there's just not an easy to use simple chat that is free >.> things are always difficult with this sort of thing i fear. I'd use irc or some firefox add-on but they don't allow redundant connections (believe that's the right word) to where I can connect 4-7x to the chat and each connection runs equally as well. I wish I even had the homestead account information I used to use a very very very long time ago, because that may be an option now.

I really hope the java/cgi gets fixed because for some reason it says:
-- Connection to MELANGE CHAT SERVER at xx.xx.xx.xxx failed ! --
-- MELANGE debug: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

I didn't put the IP in case I wasn't supposed to, I know it's now mine b/c I know my IP very well. If a mod or admin needs the IP for any troubleshooting purposes though I can gladly PM it. Perhaps I'll try with another service of some sort, I just hate to have to pay for something that really shouldn't be too hard to set up. I'd even be okay with a LAN solution that allowed me to talk to various computers on my LAN while allowing me to log in under different names for RP purposes (as I own an RPG site and commonly control anywhere from 4-8 NPCs at any given time) instead of the typical 'can only log in from one location or only once from where you are etc. So far I haven't seen other solutions that work so far though ; ;.