xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
abminara

Ultimate Frisbee

I've been playing ultimate for 2 years already, our team is pretty good. We practice 4 times a week for 1.5 hrs and just toss the disc for improving throws every day after school. Is there anything else we (or I personally) could do to make our play even better? Are there any specific excercises, or smth else?

I've been playing ultimate for 2 years already, our team is pretty good. We practice 4 times a week for 1.5 hrs and just toss the disc for improving throws every day after school. Is there anything else we (or I personally) could do to make our play even better? Are there any specific excercises, or smth else?

two things1. what is ultimate frisbee?? i have never heard of it. is it a sport or something
2. you could try it blind foldered

do you play this after school or something it sounds like a sport like soccer but frisbee

come on, its a frisbee

lol. I was sure, it's a well-known sport)) It's more like american football, but with a rotating plastic disc instead of the ball.

ok thank you
i guessthe old saying "you learn something new everyday" would be aplied here lol

i guessthe old saying "you learn something new everyday" would be aplied here lol

Probably so:) Actually, the sport itself comes from really long time ago, I think, it's some timein 1860's, when it was started by college students. But it includes a lot of physical activity - mostly running and jumping very high ("skying") other people, catching a disc that was coming to them, instead of you. My problem is - I can jump, I can run very quickly, but I can't keep the phase for more than 3-4 minutes, then I need a 5-6 minute water break, but a half-time is usually about 20-30 minutes. On the other hand, I run a lot at moderate velocity for 0.5-1 hours every other day, but I just can't do it quicker, I start chocking in the need of air, although my muscles don't hurt at all. Do you have any ideas as to how I could change that?