xisto Community
Milk

Women And Sexism Bothersome and annoying

I totally agree with you, everyone should be equal

lol....thanks for agreeing with me, but I didn't say everyone should be equal. There is no such thing as equality and no one wants equality, nor will it happen. If there was equality, people would stay the same. Our society wouldn't depress, but it wouldn't progress either... Equality is non-existant and will never happen.

What I (hopefully) said, was that people don't want equality but respect. To be equal is to be the same. Therefore, no one looks up to you, but no one looks down on you either. There has to be different levels in order for progression or success to occur. It is in human nature to always be better than someone else, so equality is always out of the question. It is the human quest to earn respect...to earn honor....to earn dignity. Without these beneficiaries, there would be no point in man to continue on if there was nothing in it for him.

All human strive to be better. My talk about women was that women are often the ones who are disrespected. I hate feminazis and people who say they want equality, because what they really want is something that makes them better than others. When people say they want equality, what they're really searching for is a boost up so that they can therefore achieve a higher platform than those who are treating them unequaly.

In other words, I suppose you could say that I'm saying women are malicious, vicious, self-centered brats who want everything to be at access for them, whether it be respect or money or love....

Anyways, point is, (on topic...) women want respect, not equality. I know it sounds like I'm speaking for them like I know exactly what they want, but fact of the matter is, girls/women are humans and humans have one thing in mind that makes them continue to reach goals and to go higher, and that is to gain the respect of their peers and any other human around them. So basically, humans are superficial freaks who ultimately just want power. Of course, there are those passive people who could care less, but they're not being addressed in this topic at this point.

I agree, until I saw the point about the Bible. The Bible was not written by "old geezers".

( I'm a man. )

Are you an old man? lol, sorry if I offended you. Would you feel better if I said the bible is composed of letters and whatnot written by travelling popes/priests/whatever who's mission in life was to become missionaries and convert everyone to their religion because if not they were going to be sent to hell?

It is in human nature to always be better than someone else, so equality is always out of the question

Oh really? you certainlty don't speak for the masses ..... the majority of women I know most definately expect equality..... not superiority, just equality thankyou very much ....

oh and, you're not imlying that there's anything wrong with being an atheist are you NovaTerrra, or have I just misunderstood your last post?

Please note, I'm female myself.

Sexism is not a huge problem, but sometimes when an introverted sexist guy comes up to me and just wants to use me for sex, it makes me feel deprecated. Women have feelings and deserve to be treated right and with respect, just like any other human being in this world. I'm not saying that we should have equal responsiblities because you have to take into consideration that the physiques of men and women are very very different, as are their minds; meaning that there are different jobs that are appropriate and not appropriate for both genders. Like, women aren't <I>made</I> to cook and clean, but it is usually more appropriate as they are only capable of so much hardship, while men aren't <I>made</I> to go and fight wars or lift heavy items. I think that the responsibilities of both men and women should be appropriate for the gender, but they can't be open only to a certain gender. Like, a man can be allowed to be a quilter, if he so desires, and a woman can be allowed to help fight in a war, if she so desires.

I hate those women who are like, "Give us equal rights!" and when given, they just sort of slug and loll around, then don't do anything because they have what they want. That pisses me off alot because when given a privelidge, you have to work hard to keep that privelidge. However, I dislike the men that shun down on women, using them only for sex and food as we are not items to do your bidding. It's because of guys like this that there is prostitution because we think we can use you. Therefore, guys who hate on women for prostituting and stripping, you brought it unto yourselves. There is always a reason for everything, and the reason why guys think they can just use women for sex, I blame the bible and the old religion fanatics.

The bible contains stories that almost always end with the woman at fault. Even genesis, when eve was blamed for having eaten the stupid fruit on the tree of life. It's wrong and cruel, and because the bible was written by old geezers who couldn't get laid, and had never been laid, society is like so.

I guess my point is, is that all humans, any race, any sex, should be treated with respect.

Agree? Disagree?

36041[/snapback]

The Bible specifically states in Galatians 3:28 that neither race or background or gender make you different, we are all one in Christ Jesus once we are born again. In 1 Samuel 16:7 it says that man looks on the outward appearance but God looks on the heart. If people like you would follow His will there would be no prostitution and putting others down like that for your own self-interest, it's because people rebel against God and live immorally that He did give the Old Testament Law.

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

It's because this world is so evil that God has appointed a day in which to judge it in which all not born of faith who have been changed so they have the love of God in their hearts will be cast out so they cannot ruin the new creation He will make.

If you would read the Bible you would learn of those specifically appointed by God to be even judges like Deborah and who even saved the nation of Israel like Esther.

One who was quite active with Paul in his missionary journeys was Priscilla. So often I hear people attacking the Bible without the slightest clue of what it says. If you did indeed read Genesis as you say you would notice God punished both Adam and Eve, he didn't single out either one but considered both responsible for their sin.

Society is like it is because of rebellion against God by people like you, and yes, like me, we are all guilty of death, the difference you do not realize with that last post of yours where you say Christianity is about missionaries trying to convert people so they won't go to Hell, is that going to Hell is not dependent on what you can do.

We are all going to Hell regardless unless we trust in Christ alone for our righteousness, if we are trusting in what we can do, good works, we will never find eternal life. God loves His children (born again believers) and expects them to serve Him out of love, not fear. Through Christ the punishment for sin was laid on Him, if we accept Him as Lord and Saviour, else we are still the enemies of God because of our rebellion against Him, and His wrath abides upon us.

Hey! I'm in college ( not old to me ). Also, the way you're saying it, you're an Atheist.

:rolleyes:

Heh...sorry anyways. No, I'm not atheist. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in a god or gods. That basically means that you are not Christian (or any of it's sects), Jewish, a...greek god believer(what's it called?) or any of that stuff. I never said that I didn't believe in <i>a</i> god, I just 'meant' I don't believe in the Christian God. Capice?

Oh really? you certainlty don't speak for the masses ..... the majority of women I know most definately expect equality..... not superiority, just equality thankyou very much ....

I wasn't talking about women in that post though. I may have mentioned it and gotten confused, but I was talking about humans in general. You may not realize it, but the women that you know want respect...I wasn't necessarily talking about superiority, having power over you? No no, don't mistake me. Respect comes in different forms. It's quite a flexible word if you ask me anyways. There is no such thing as equality, trust me. If everyone/thing was equal...well, I'm sure you can just imagine it. Nothing wrong with it, but never possible.

jzyehoshua, I would argue more with you on your Christianity, but this topic isn't about that. Besides, if it's because of "people like me" who 'rebel' against organized religions, then you can blame your popes from the past. Maybe your God should have been a bit brighter, allowing who to teach their 'interpretations' of 'God's' words, rather than letting anyone do it. It's not my fault that the Bible's words have become so twisted in the centuries late.

And I wasn't serious about that missionaries bit. I know they're trying to spread their religion to 'gather people to the good side' or whatever, but maybe the books and speaches that are put out have laid that impression on me, and because I cannot go back in time to actually see what happened....

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

There is no such thing as equality, trust me. If everyone/thing was equal...well, I'm sure you can just imagine it. Nothing wrong with it, but never possible.

You speak in absolutes ....I repeat, I that is ME expect to be treated as the equal of any man .... isn't that the issue we're debating here .... I doubt that concept would be dismissed as "impossible" if the debate was "could any man be the equal of a woman?".....

and again I ask, is there something wrong with being an atheist?

Hey! I'm in college ( not old to me ). Also, the way you're saying it, you're an Atheist.

:rolleyes:

Heh...sorry anyways. No, I'm not atheist. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in a god or gods. That basically means that you are not Christian (or any of it's sects), Jewish, a...greek god believer(what's it called?) or any of that stuff. I never said that I didn't believe in <i>a</i> god, I just 'meant' I don't believe in the Christian God. Capice?

I wasn't talking about women in that post though. I may have mentioned it and gotten confused, but I was talking about humans in general. You may not realize it, but the women that you know want respect...I wasn't necessarily talking about superiority, having power over you? No no, don't mistake me. Respect comes in different forms. It's quite a flexible word if you ask me anyways. There is no such thing as equality, trust me. If everyone/thing was equal...well, I'm sure you can just imagine it. Nothing wrong with it, but never possible.

jzyehoshua, I would argue more with you on your Christianity, but this topic isn't about that. Besides, if it's because of "people like me" who 'rebel' against organized religions, then you can blame your popes from the past. Maybe your God should have been a bit brighter, allowing who to teach their 'interpretations' of 'God's' words, rather than letting anyone do it. It's not my fault that the Bible's words have become so twisted in the centuries late.

And I wasn't serious about that missionaries bit. I know they're trying to spread their religion to 'gather people to the good side' or whatever, but maybe the books and speaches that are put out have laid that impression on me, and because I cannot go back in time to actually see what happened....

155071[/snapback]

MY popes? :lol:

That's a good one :(

I thought we were talking about Christianity, not Catholocism? :(

Also, it's often the people who most genuinely question the Bible who end up becoming its greatest supporters. Josh McDowell set out to prove the Bible wrong, he was on fire to prove once and for all the errors in it. Problem was, the more he saw the more he became convinced himself :( And he trusted in Christ alone, becoming born again.

The apostle Paul himself was first the greatest persecutor of the Church (the universal body of believers which is what the Bible calls the Church, just so there's no confusion) but when He had to come face to face with the One He was persecuting and the truths of the Gospel He threw away all he'd once thought of value that He might gain Christ.

C.S. Lewis was not just a fiction writer but a scholar, he set out to disprove the Bible only to find out it was utter truth, and has written some brilliant books after becoming born again on faith and proofs of the Bible.

On the site Powertochange.com there are many testimonies, including that of a Jew whose daughter got saved. She finally persuaded him to read the New Testament, and him and his wife both set out to see what it had to say. Expecting to find doctrines of great hatred against the Jews like he'd heard, he was shocked and amazed to see evidence of a Messiah who frequently spoke of his love for the Jews and presented time and again the evidence from the Old Testament Scriptures for them to believe in. He too has trusted in Christ as his Lord and Saviour, and now witnesses to his fellow Jews.

The mission of true born-again missionaries is not to "bring people to the good side" but to help them find forgiveness of sins so they can escape the wrath to come upon them for their sins. Christ didn't come to make us good people, He came to save us from the impending judgement of eternal death that will come upon us all.

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

You speak in absolutes ....I repeat,  I that is ME expect to be treated as the equal of any man .... isn't that the issue we're debating here .... I doubt  that concept would be dismissed as "impossible" if the debate was "could any man be the equal of a woman?".....

and again I ask, is there something wrong with being an atheist?

155115[/snapback]

Um...thanks for letting me know...You're not getting my point. We got off topic long ago when people misunderstood the difference between equality and what they as humans really want.

It isn't impossible, but in our society, it is. It's not a matter of eqality, it's, like you said, to be treated as equals. But really, you want to be treated equally, or right? If you were treated equally, then lets have this scenario.

<start scenario>

Men are allowed to beat eachother with large sticks. Law says men cannot beat women with large sticks, it's immoral, do it and you will be hung.

Law also says that women are not allowed to vote.

Law also says that women are not allowed to eat eggs.

>>Bunches of women protest about wanting to vote and to eat eggs<<

Soon, this baffle turns into women wanting equality because it's easier to say that rather than a bunch of laws that should allow both genders do whatever.

Okay, so the law now says that all genders are susceptible to being able to do everything the other sex is able to.

Now the men are allowed to beat women with sticks as well.

>>women whine<<

Oh what? You said you wanted to be treated as equals, now you're pissing and whining that we are? What is your problem?

</end scenario>

Do you see my point? You don't want equality. No you don't. You want what's fair. Equality is not fair. Equality is not about opportunities or rights, equality is being treated exactly the same as the next person.

And you never asked me about what was wrong with being Atheist. I never said anything was wrong with being Atheist. You were talking to Novaterra when you said that.

jzyehoshua, I really could care less about the differences between Christianity, Catholicism, Lutheranism, whatever. They are all sects of Christianity whether you like it or not. To me, they are exactly the same. They use the bible, they believe in Jesus, and they believe in the same basic god. What's the difference? One has a preacher one has a pope? Who cares? They both teach their interpretations.

To argue with you is a losing game. We are not going to get anywhere, so I would appreciate if you would stop shoving your Christianity stories and missionary stories etc. in my face because I am not doing the same to you.

I understand, religion is a great way to renew your life, but how many people are there, that truly follow religion? Probably less than 30% of the world. There are people everywhere who either halfway or barely follow. Religion is just not what it was supposed to be, and with new discoveries and theories that are far more convincing than stories written by people such as Paul and whoever, it's almost not worth it. If you die and go to hell, who cares?

To be spiritually healthy is good and to have purpose in life is good, but honestly, living to serve an organized religion, where the ultimate 'king' apparently lives all around you, is not exactly my idea of "life". Maybe if you people would follow Luther's 3 rules, such as the Bible is the Final Authority and Praying to God, not to a preacher, then maybe I wouldn't be so dissonant on the subject.

You go to church and you listen to a sermon. Why? I find it pointless and just void of meaning. You cannot interpret the bible yourself, so you must seek it through another? Cheezy and lame.

Anyways, if you are just trying to "make me understand", which is what it seems to be, you're failing completely. I really don't care what you have to say to support your religion.

I don't agree with what you said about the authors of the bible being geezers who cant get laid though.

I was seriously joking there. And they can't get laid because they're dead anyways.

jzyehoshua, I really could care less about the differences between Christianity, Catholicism, Lutheranism, whatever. They are all sects of Christianity whether you like it or not. To me, they are exactly the same. They use the bible, they believe in Jesus, and they believe in the same basic god. What's the difference? One has a preacher one has a pope? Who cares? They both teach their interpretations.

To argue with you is a losing game. We are not going to get anywhere, so I would appreciate if you would stop shoving your Christianity stories and missionary stories etc. in my face because I am not doing the same to you.

I understand, religion is a great way to renew your life, but how many people are there, that truly follow religion? Probably less than 30% of the world. There are people everywhere who either halfway or barely follow. Religion is just not what it was supposed to be, and with new discoveries and theories that are far more convincing than stories written by people such as Paul and whoever, it's almost not worth it. If you die and go to hell, who cares?

To be spiritually healthy is good and to have purpose in life is good, but honestly, living to serve an organized religion, where the ultimate 'king' apparently lives all around you, is not exactly my idea of "life". Maybe if you people would follow Luther's 3 rules, such as the Bible is the Final Authority and Praying to God, not to a preacher, then maybe I wouldn't be so dissonant on the subject.

You go to church and you listen to a sermon. Why? I find it pointless and just void of meaning. You cannot interpret the bible yourself, so you must seek it through another? Cheezy and lame.

Anyways, if you are just trying to "make me understand", which is what it seems to be, you're failing completely. I really don't care what you have to say to support your religion.

What you are doing is claiming things about the Bible I know to be untrue. That is why I am replying to you. Let's keep things simple shall we?

Religion is not about renewing your life, it is about FINDING life. If you do not have Jesus Christ you are already dead and you need to find life, you are bound for Hell and under the wrath of God for your sins.

Christianity is about getting in a right relationship with God through Jesus Christ's payment on the cross. Plain and simple.

Going to church is not simply learning, you are right, one can learn at home, there are all the resources available from tv, tapes, etc... to learn about God if you can find the right ones.

What you cannot do at home as a Christian is worship God with other believers, give as an act of worship, not only with tithes but with your time and efforts for His kingdom and as a "light to the world", and also fellowship with other believers to grow spiritually. Furthermore, God has said to set aside the day as a time to focus on Him specifically, a day of rest without work, and if you follow that then what else do you plan to do on that day?

Saying you are a Christian does not make you one any more then going in a garage makes you a car, as Ravi Zecharias likes to say.

Many will come to Christ in the last day saying Lord, Lord, and giving examples of what they've done for Him only to be told He never knew them. As James says, even the devils believe in one God, and tremble, that kind of faith is dead without works. And by works we can never be justified. If you are hoping to get to Heaven by "being a good person" you will never find eternal life.

What the hell are you not getting? I'm not Christian, I despise your bible, and I hate your teachings and the millions of interpretations out there. They are pointless to me and they serve no purpose but to blind me from the truth.

And another thing, I was never talking about the bible. I was talking about Christianity's past.

Religion is not about renewing your life, it is about FINDING life.  If you do not have Jesus Christ you are already dead and you need to find life, you are bound for Hell and under the wrath of God for your sins. 

And what is this? Oh, it looks like you're telling me that because Jesus isn't a part of my life, that automatically means that I'm going to be sent to your Christian, imaginary, fake, make-believe, so-called "hell" where I'll be damned for eternity because I don't believe in some crap religion that is intentionally forced upon me, with a history of "If you don't convert, we'll kill you" type of thing.

I'm not interested in Christian theology because personally, I don't like to live my life by some book composed of letters or whatever written by apostles, missionaries, converts, you name it. I'm not going to believe in someone who claims they "met God and he told them to do this and that" and I'm not going to just simply lay myself out to follow some religion that has a HORRIBLE past.

Your so-called God is why our world is this way. You look around and it's all trash and crap. There's nothing good about this world and we serve no purpose than to survive. Why is it that animals don't have religions? They're simply-minded creatures who strive only to survive as a species. Your God is merely a figment of your imagination, leading you to believe that there is a 'nirvana'. To you, God is your savior (or Jesus is) and he's basically your life. I'd rather not live my life in servitude to someone whom I don't even know exists. Even if he has the potential of existing, I still couldn't care less or do anything about it.

If I sound close-minded, it's because you sure are giving off that aura as well. You're shoving your religion in my face and I really don't appreciate it. I'm not willing to read your posts trying to defend your religion because frankly, I could really care less. You can call me an uneducated brat for it, but I don't care.

Do you see my point? You don't want equality. No you don't. You want what's fair. Equality is not fair. Equality is not about opportunities or rights, equality is being treated exactly the same as the next person.

And you never asked me about what was wrong with being Atheist. I never said anything was wrong with being Atheist. You were talking to Novaterra when you said that.

you know, I did actually get what you meant..... but by acknowledging that you're right, I then undermine the whole feminist movement ..... it's very difficult to accept that we've been asking for the wrong thing all these years, forgive me for not jumping up and down and saying "yeah, good point"..... (even though your argument is well made), ..... but I think we're arguing over semantics here? maybe it would be better if I used another "watch word" of the feminist movement "liberation"..... oh, just humour me, I'm old and cranky.... I'll be happy if I'm treated on a "level" playing field as men.... there, will that do?

as far as the atheist comment, fair play.... that was directed at Noveterra ... sorry....

I very much agree with your last post....the quote below absolutely incensed me too....I found it patronising/offensive in the extreme.... and really sad.....jzyehoshua, if you find your faith gives you the tools to deal with life, that's fine.... but if you truly believe what you've posted in this quote, then may your "God" help you.....

Religion is not about renewing your life, it is about FINDING life.  If you do not have Jesus Christ you are already dead and you need to find life, you are bound for Hell and under the wrath of God for your sins.

and finally, milk, you are no uneducated brat, your arguments are articulate, well thought out and carry weight.... and , most importantly, your thoughts are your own, you don't rely on antiquated text to justify your points.....

Posted Image

What the hell are you not getting? I'm not Christian, I despise your bible, and I hate your teachings and the millions of interpretations out there. They are pointless to me and they serve no purpose but to blind me from the truth.

And another thing, I was never talking about the bible. I was talking about Christianity's past.

And what is this? Oh, it looks like you're telling me that because Jesus isn't a part of my life, that automatically means that I'm going to be sent to your Christian, imaginary, fake, make-believe, so-called "hell" where I'll be damned for eternity because I don't believe in some crap religion that is intentionally forced upon me, with a history of "If you don't convert, we'll kill you" type of thing.

I'm not interested in Christian theology because personally, I don't like to live my life by some book composed of letters or whatever written by apostles, missionaries, converts, you name it. I'm not going to believe in someone who claims they "met God and he told them to do this and that" and I'm not going to just simply lay myself out to follow some religion that has a HORRIBLE past.

Your so-called God is why our world is this way. You look around and it's all trash and crap. There's nothing good about this world and we serve no purpose than to survive. Why is it that animals don't have religions? They're simply-minded creatures who strive only to survive as a species. Your God is merely a figment of your imagination, leading you to believe that there is a 'nirvana'. To you, God is your savior (or Jesus is) and he's basically your life. I'd rather not live my life in servitude to someone whom I don't even know exists. Even if he has the potential of existing, I still couldn't care less or do anything about it.

If I sound close-minded, it's because you sure are giving off that aura as well. You're shoving your religion in my face and I really don't appreciate it. I'm not willing to read your posts trying to defend your religion because frankly, I could really care less. You can call me an uneducated brat for it, but I don't care.

155586[/snapback]

On the contrary, Paul, Stephen, the Anabaptists, they lived what the Bible taught and we're killed without resisting. If someone calls themself Christian and fought back then they acted against the Bible, simple as that. What then would make you think they are Christian?

And I'm not going to call you anything, we all have been give the chance to choose God or not and it's your eternity that hangs in the balance. Refusing Him is in your power, but at least I won't be accountable to my Master for not having told you.

You started this off with your religion which attacks the Bible, then I presented what the Bible says, which you would call my religion. If you are feeling attacked it is only because your own conscience is beginning to convict you. That can happen when Jesus Christ comes into a situation.

I'm not trying to "force" anything on you, just trying to talk reasonably and present to you what I know to be truth. If you don't want to hear it, well, then by all means, don't read this topic :rolleyes: Perhaps the greatest danger lies not in being wrong but in being so certain you're right that you refuse to listen to anything else. You can be persuaded of something yet still hear someone out, hear what they're saying. The Bible speaks of those who close their eyes and their ears so that they cannot understand with their heart and be healed.

I believe there is a point which you can reach where no amount of evidence in this life will ever persuade you of anything, you can just explain it away.

you know, I did actually get what you meant..... but by acknowledging that you're right, I then undermine the whole feminist movement ..... it's very difficult to accept that we've been asking for the wrong thing all these years, forgive me for not jumping up and down and saying "yeah, good point"..... (even though your argument is well made), ..... but I think we're arguing over semantics here? maybe it would be better if I used another "watch word" of the feminist movement "liberation"..... oh, just humour me, I'm old and cranky.... I'll be happy if I'm treated on a "level" playing field as men.... there, will that do?

lol, sorry. I wasn't trying to make you think the way I do. I know it sounded like that when I was incoherently 'speaking for everyone', it was all just my philosophical BS. But yes, your last sentence would be better than just 'equality' :rolleyes:

On the contrary, Paul, Stephen, the Anabaptists, they lived what the Bible taught and we're killed without resisting.  If someone calls themself Christian and fought back then they acted against the Bible, simple as that.  What then would make you think they are Christian?

Excuse me, do I care?

And I'm not going to call you anything, we all have been give the chance to choose God or not and it's your eternity that hangs in the balance.  Refusing Him is in your power, but at least I won't be accountable to my Master for not having told you. 

You have no right to tell me that my "eternity" hangs is on the line. You have no right to decide that Christianity is the true religion, that if you do not follow Christianity, you are damned for hell. You might as well just become a missionary and convert all buddhists and hindus and all the other religions not a part of Christianity. Kill some Jews while you're at it.

And you can honestly say that he's your master? What are you? Some sort of servant? You have no mind of your own anymore after saying that.

You started this off with your religion which attacks the Bible, then I presented what the Bible says, which you would call my religion.  If you are feeling attacked it is only because your own conscience is beginning to convict you.  That can happen when Jesus Christ comes into a situation.

I never brought my religion in. I "attacked" the bible because it was the easiest source at reach and currently in my mind at that time. I know there are other sources, but I didn't care. I'm not feeling attacked, you are attacking me. You're indirectly saying that all religion's except Christianity are wrong. That you have no mind whatsoever, open to other possiblities. You have a closed mind and you are infringing it upon me.

I'm not trying to "force" anything on you, just trying to talk reasonably and present to you what I know to be truth.  If you don't want  to hear it, well, then by all means, don't read this topic  :lol: Perhaps the greatest danger lies not in being wrong but in being so certain you're right that you refuse to listen to anything else.  You can be persuaded of something yet still hear someone out, hear what they're saying.  The Bible speaks of those who close their eyes and their ears so that they cannot understand with their heart and be healed.

This topic is mine. I made it. You are posting in it. And this: Perhaps the greatest danger lies not in being wrong but in being so certain you're right that you refuse to listen to anything else., is the perfect explanation for you. The Bible doesn't speak of anything but stupid stories. Sorry, I don't buy them.

I believe there is a point which you can reach where no amount of evidence in this life will ever persuade you of anything, you can just explain it away.

Again, you.

You have no right to tell me that my "eternity" hangs is on the line. You have no right to decide that Christianity is the true religion, that if you do not follow Christianity, you are damned for hell. You might as well just become a missionary and convert all buddhists and hindus and all the other religions not a part of Christianity. Kill some Jews while you're at it.
And you can honestly say that he's your master? What are you? Some sort of servant? You have no mind of your own anymore after saying that.

Well, I'd been assuming you were accepting the rights of the constitution as valid, like freedom of speech. You are right, none of us have any rights at all, does that make you happy? Or are you arguing that you have more rights then me? :unsure:

I have told you what I believed, if you don't like it, fine, although using a little logic would be nice rather then saying I don't have any rights to do anything. THAT is the very spirit that brings in slavery and killing of other groups, not simply believing there are absolutes.

I am both a Jew and a Christian according to the New Testament, why would I want to kill myself?

You are right about one thing, I am a servant, and I do have the mind of Christ. I don't have my own mind anymore, I have been born again and given a new mind, a new Spirit, and a new heart. Frankly, I didn't like the old "me" much anyway, and I am very happy that he is gone and crucified with Christ. :P

Because it means I am finally alive. And I am not going anywhere, and noone can pluck me from the hand of my Father, no matter how many of my other rights they try to eliminate.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, we should all examine ourselves to see if joy and love dwell there or only jealousy and spite for those who do not know emptiness within themselves.