xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
YungOdo

Do You Ever Skip Class?

well i used to skip almost every class especially algebra but not anymore becausei realize that my education is a major part of my life and i refuse to fail but my english class is boring as f**k.. have you ever skipped class? :P

I was homeschooled, so there wasn't really any opportunity to skip *grins*But in college...well...I don't often skip classes. If I miss, it's because there's a good reason for it. I'm supposed to be in classes right now, for example, but I'm sick. I feel like dog poop AND I'm contagious, so it's just best to stay at home. I can still keep up with the classwork, so it's not the end of the world. I learn more, though, when I'm actually in class. When the profs are discussing the literature that we all read at home, I get a better idea of what's going on. And if I'm actually present in my math class, I can ask questions and actually see the prof work out the problem on the board or projector or whatever. There's something to be said for showing up, even when the prof IS really boring :P

I don't skip class usually, because I'm in a lot of really difficult classes and our school has a really strict skipping class policy. Your parents get called if you aren't present at even one class... However, I know the attendance lady pretty well and I can usually get off about twice a year, plus I can invent being sick and skip maybe a few more times a year... which is kinda funny, because I always come to school even when I'm super-incredibly sick, but, like I said, I skip occasionally, just to go out with friends and stuff... you know, when you just need a break.

I went to a private school, and they were really strict about students attending classes. I could skip P.E. by claiming menstrual pains, but that's about it. They would call your parents if you didn't show up to make sure you had an excuse, and they took roll at every class, so I didn't really get a chance to skip school. If I did fake being sick, which happened at least once each semester, I usually had to spend it at home typing up an essay or report that I had fallen behind on.

Who attends classes at first place

:P
The only reason that I would miss class is because I was sick or had to do something else more important. I have actually never ditched class of faked sick :D . I think I should get a trophy. Anyways, I usually don't like to miss school because I get so far behind. I do pretty bad on anything that was covered that day, which always seems like a lot.

Well... I don't do that usually, but when is needed (like most said: because i'm sick or something) I do.But anyway I like that. After all (I got to say THANKS GOD!!) I'm pretty good in almost everything that requieres brain (like Math), so I usually don't got problems the next day...

My first time skipping class was my English class when I'm in my sophomore year. I remembered it because that was my last class attendance.I regret it, because from that time sometimes I skip my class and my inner selfdidn't give me anymore alert( what do we say... feel guilty?)So, if you haven't skipped any class, dont' do it kay?

I skipped class first time a few years ago. I went to a private school and they had me and a few other guys help out a teacher moving some stuff. Instead of going back for next class, we just stayed in the bathroom the entire time talking.

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

When I was at senior school I never skipped. As soon as I entered sixth form college though that all went to pot. I wouldn't say I missed loads of lessons but my attendance was less than the college requirement... Ooooops

well i used to skip almost every class especially algebra but not anymore because

i realize that my education is a major part of my life and i refuse to fail but my

english class is boring as f**k.. have you ever skipped class? :P

I always find that class is perfect waste of time if you know some better method of studying....like referring a lot of books quickly,speed reading skills.knowing the books which should be referred..n enjoy the freedom of studying onyour own.

But ,I agree there are some subjects which are best learnt on class..like geometry,calculus.

Bunk classes if you are confident that you can recover it on your own.......

But bunking class is one of the thing I enjoy most in college life...I enjoy the thrill of reading overnight to cover the syllabus for a semester..

BUNK CLASS

ENJOY LIFE

NOBODY FAILS

THEY JUST STOP TRYING

Well I am a student now, but as far as I remember I have never skipped class too much because I find it stupid! If I am at school I try to gain some new knowledge or at least be where I am supposed to be - otherwise I got bad grades, detentions and haven't gained any new knowledge if you know what i mean. The only time when I did maybe skip a class was when I was supposed to be having an oral exam and i knew I wouldn't made it :PMy advice - don't skip classes!

I was a real "goody two shoes" in High School. :P Got an award for 4 years perfect attendance. :P When I got to college and was a little more independent, I did skip classes on occasion. Not enough to fail anything, but it did put a dent enough in things that I dropped out of Integrated Trig and Calculus before I did fail. Then, I really think the whole subject was way over my head anyway. :D

I remember when I had this girl in my class who got $10 prize for 100% attendance to everything, including all the exursions, the meetings the works, I have only skipped school once when I couldn't talk because part of my gum had swollen, I could still go to school but not being able to talk made me feel real bad. This is the only time I ever skip school