xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
megabytemb

Hp/compaq Really Bad

if you are going to buy a new laptop and will possibly rely on customer support, DON'T BUY A COMPAQ/HP.

about 6 mounths ago i had a compaq laptop (can't rember the model) and windows stuffed up. so i had to send it to customer support to get fixed. well 5 weeks later, they had fix the windows problem but created about 50 other problems. there include

a very bad battery life (i used to get 4 hours out of it and then it was 5 minutes)

a cracked screen

broken keyboard

ect.

when i asked them about this they said

it was like this when we got it

which it wasn't. it was in perfect condition when i gave it to them (except windows)

so if ur going to buy a laptop DON'T GET HP/COMPAQ

you must have the invoice when you had given your laptop. They sign it only and appove it for receiving in good condition.if u feel cheated why doont u try the consumer court?u may still find justice there ,provided u have the invoice.

Did you sign for your computer when you got it back? If you had to sign for your computer, did you inspect it before you gave 'em your signature?Also: somebody had to ship your computer to the repair center, right? How was it packaged, or do you know? It could have been damaged in transit, which is the shipper's fault (whomever that might be).

This is why you learn to do everything yourself so the only person you can blame is yourself. :D ESPECIALLY if it was just a simple matter of a wipe-and-reinstall.I am a proud owner of two HP laptops... the Pavilion zd8000 (which I am using now) and the tc1100 tablet PC. I have had no hitches with the machines themselves that shouldn't have happened. The zd8000 suffered a dead battery after over a year's worth of use, but a nice little bit of research on the type of battery it was and how heat quickly degenerated the life of Lithium-ion batteries made it clear why it died. It's partially HP's fault for creating such a beast of a machine that puts out SO much heat (which was a common complain with this laptop), but I don't care... as it is a desktop replacement which basically gives me a functioning, portable computer with enough power to do most of the things that I want it to do. No problems with the tablet PC as of yet... but I don't expect anything.The customer service experiences that I've had with HP themselves have been very limited, as I fix my own problems and do my own work on these machines. The only time I called HP customer support was to get a copy of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, and without much hassle they sent me recovery and driver CDs plus the copy of Windows... no questions asked. (Makes me wonder if it's THAT easy to get a free, legal copy of Windows...) :P So if you don't want to deal with possible damage to your computers by incompetent technicians or accidents, just learn to do stuff for yourself. It's a lot easier, more rewarding, and only costs you a little bit of time to learn something that will provide useful now and in the future.

I have an Hp refurbished laptop, a couple of months later after I got it I read about itlots of people having issues with this hp model laptop. I got really worried and it was a large amount of money for me that I didnt want to loose. The issues most of them have are heating issues, as soon as the video card dies out the whole computer can be considered dead. What I did was read a lot of things that I could do to prevent it from heating, at the moment I run the laptop with a temperature monitor, and on top of some erasers to let it breath when I use music production applications that really make it heat up. I also clean it about every 3 months, I open it up and spray it with compressed air to make sure its clean and it can breathe right to cool off. So far I have not had a single issue with it and I have had it for almost 3 years. Its a great laptop considering that it is a refurb.

Yeah - learning even a little bit about how to take care of your stuff can really make things easier (and cheaper). The other advantage to learning how to do it yourself is, well, the learning. It's nice to have that feeling of accomplishment when you learn how to reinstall WinXP without calling tech support or sending out the computer. Every time I learn something new about my computer, I feel a little more confident and a little better about life in general. It's really worth the reading, the experimenting, et cetera...whatever it takes to figure out how to do whatever needs to be done.By the way: I have a Compaq laptop. I've had it for two years now, in fact. I haven't had any real problems. I just had to reinstall WinXP, but that's a routine thing with Windows *grins*

all the problems that came with the laptop, all seem to be the reason for mishandling the laptop with the exception of the low battery life. I would suggest, why don't you try checking if the laptop you recieved IS your laptop. There might've been a switch between yours and someone else's. Other than that, since you've recieved the laptop and there can't be anything done as you must've signed the papers when you got the laptop, you must take it to the consumer court. HP/Compaq being that big names don't really do this type of stuff. A small incident like your can lose them many customers. They care for this thing. Try cordinating with them and see if there is a possiblity of getting a replacement.One more thing is that whenver there is a software related issue, Try to do something about it yourself. Windows Installation is not that hard.

Well I wouldn't say a product is bad just because it comes with poor customer support. Quality matters more to me than customer support. My very first computer was a Compaq and I do not recall having problems with it. I also second what the other say. Your notebook may have been damaged due to poor packaging, mishandling by the movers and even the technicians themselves. Unless my product is covered by warranty, I would hire someone to come to my house to repair the product, even if he is not from the company's support personnel, or I would try to fix it myself. Shipping results in a lot of complications

Personally I like HP/COMPAQ computers, the screwed up computer is probebly because of how either you or customer service packaged it to send it. It is more than likely not the fault of the people repairing your computer.

In all reality (and I know that this topic is wicked old, but I'm putting this out for informative purposes), if something can be done by yourself, don't ever ship out your stuff for someone else to do. If you don't feel comfortable with something, ask someone who's knowledgeable on the matter or have them show you how to do it as they do it. It's so much easier doing things for yourself especially when it's as simple (to me, anyway) as an operating system reinstallation, and although it seems daunting at first, you'll be glad you did it yourself.I rarely if ever send anything IN to get fixed because I refuse to give up, but in the rare cases that I absolutely know my limitations, I will send it in, but not before insuring the crap out of my stuff first. :) Learn your toys and your equipment inside and out BEFORE something goes wrong. That way, you can save money, learn something new, and come out better off.

I have had a few HP computers and never really had any troubles with them. Right now my desktop is a HP Pavillion where the tower is only the 3rd of the size of a normal tower. I have not had any probelms with it, Its a great pc. Before that I had a HP destop and a HP laptop, I did have a few problems with the laptop The biggest issue being the fan wasnt working right or cooling the machine off like it should. I sent it in and it got fixed no problems no cost to me. So my guess would be an isolated incident or maybe it wasnt packages up safely like someone else suggested.

My friend got an HP mini laptop and his complain was it heated too much, you cannot even place it in you lap. He said jokingly that every time he touches any key in the keypad he will say ouch.

Well I wouldn't say a product is bad just because it comes with poor customer support. Quality matters more to me than customer support. My very first computer was a Compaq and I do not recall having problems with it. I also second what the other say. Your notebook may have been damaged due to poor packaging, mishandling by the movers and even the technicians themselves. Unless my product is covered by warranty, I would hire someone to come to my house to repair the product, even if he is not from the company's support personnel, or I would try to fix it myself. Shipping results in a lot of complications

Hey i like how you think about things. but i know that hp/compaqs aren't the best. I have both compaq and hp. and i have a friend that has a hp and never got the internet, and got slower than ever. Defraged everyday. i just think they put the cheapest componets in the computer so that they can charge more.

if that is that bad i think you could go to customer service centre or sue them, thats the best to tell that they should reponsible better. I am personally using dell inspiron, and had no problems until know, maybe it still young, only 3 months anyway. I think HP laptop is not that bad, i have once used a friend hp laptop, its a mini size like 12" its small, and light, and i can work with it better.