xisto Community
techclave

Job In Google

hi friends..!It is my greatest ambition to work in Google. This is my ambition from my very young age. Now I am doing my Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology, 3rd year in India. There are many companies coming to my college for placements but Google is not among the companies which come here. But I am very desperate to get a job in Google. I have heard that getting a job in Google is a very very though task. Is it true? What are the qualifications do I need to get a job in Google? Is there any extra certification which I should do for a better chances of getting into Google? Thank you...

I have no knowledge on this subject. However, I do believe getting into Google would be a very hard task. But, if you do manage to get in, I doubt you would regret it, all the money they make has to go some where.

You mean into the pockets of the head honchos? :XD:

Well here is an example if what you would have to do in your area expertise:

Software Engineer

Technical Lead/Manager

As you can see you need to be doing a lot of hard work to be even considered, now in your case as being a student theGoogle Operations in India web page might be of some interest to you.

There was a news program months ago talking about how cool and how its the best place in the world work for, especially seeing how all the people who work there were able to have free food as well as a lot of other luxuries. Personally I'd love to work for Google although I have heard that there are very stringent requirements in order to get in. But I imagine once you get in it be very well worth it.The founders of Google basically create a utopian society within their company although I guess that that is possible because they have billions and billions of dollars at their disposal. If you go Youtube and check out their videos you'll see that people who work there get many perks such as free food free haircuts, free laundry services, as most free car washes and oil changes. I think I read somewhere that Google gets roughly 3000 resumes every day in the odds of being able to work for them is very slim. So all I can say is good luck, and I wish you the best in a getting in. I assume that you are trying to get into the headquarters in California?

dont have any idea on that part! may be thats because i dont like google! all i know is its very very difficult to get in google. you need to be a geek on what you do and you must know a lot about your job in google. think about this, google gets millions of CV's worldwide and why is it going to choose you to work with them? you must have something to provide google inorder to grab their attention. so prepare yourself.it could be hard to work with them. you know you might have to work under extreme pressure and might have to complete your job on time. but hey working is always a hard thing to do. its only sweet when you love what you do. dont be affraid of working hard. being a college student myself i work part time for a software firm and sometimes i feel like its too difficult for me to hang on....working under extreme pressure and working for the clock freaks me out...but again i love what i do.

Well here is an example if what you would have to do in your area expertise:
Software Engineer

Technical Lead/Manager

As you can see you need to be doing a lot of hard work to be even considered, now in your case as being a student theGoogle Operations in India web page might be of some interest to you.

Working for google is cool as they are always developing next-gen technologies and ways to search and navigate the vast internet. I am particularly interested in the software engineer position posted so let us take a look at the requirements.

Requirements:

* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (PhD a plus). - wow PhD just for entry!
* Several years of software development experience. - several could mean u r a veteran so fresh grads very slim chance
* Extensive experience programming in C++ and/or Java. - extensive could mean many projects completed
* Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems. - this is a interesting requirement & could be how they would test u on the spot
* Experience with Unix/Linux or Windows environments, C++ development, distributed systems, machine learning, information retrieval, network programming and/or developing large software systems a plus. - wide coverage of topics mean u have to be well versed in many aspects so they could be looking at a all-rounded intellectual guy

After looking thru each requirement, there is no doubt many believe that it is tough to apply for a software engineer position @ google but if u got what it takes then go ahead and give it a try, no harm trying rite?

anyway i hope u guys can comment on what i think about applying for google and feel free to add on to what I already mentioned.

I am sure that is one of the hardest things to achieve on this planet, however if you do manage to get inside Goodle, you are a winner! I remember I read somewhere about how they treat their employees. I tell you, I was totally impressed. They have everything from gim, sauna, recreational centres for tennis etc. and all other wellness things included in their job directly at the place, where the company is. Of course all the money does not go directly to employees but it is not all about the money, it is the atmosphere which is great in google and that makes it such a good job in my opinion. Succeed in getting this job is probably one of the hardest things ever.. :P

I heard that although google treat their employees like VIPs I heard that their salaries are rock bottom (around US$35,000 for a e-engineer)but they still do get VIP-features on google's share market and stuff.

Have you ever heard of the google recruitment advertisement? Perhaps you should look it, while it is old and no longer avalible - it is really cool and maybe yu should research it and it might give you an idea of the type of people they are looking for.

yeah.... i heard of an advertisement by google for recruiting.

i heard that the ad read as,

"are you interested to work in google? visit /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi for more details."

we need to find the ? mark and visit that site to apply for job in google.

i really appreciate the talent and knowledge they expect from their employees.

csp4.0

is the information you gave reliable? i heard the other way.

While you're a student you should try to involved in some projects on the Google Summer of Code, they might do some screening of new work force assets https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/2008/?csw=1

They do it every year, it's a nice time to get ready and get acquainted with some open source code for next year.

3. Is Google Summer of Code a recruiting program?

Not really. To be clear, Google will use the results of the program to help identify potential recruits. But that's not the focus of the program. Take a look at the organizations we've worked with in the past, and you'll see the vast majority are engaged in work that's not directly applicable to Google's business. That said, the more code out there, the more everyone benefits.

Additionally, we've heard from several of our past student participants that their participation in GSoC made them more attractive to potential employers, and most participants who have gained employment as a result of their GSoC work are not currently employed by Google. We're just pleased the program has helped some students when embarking on their technical careers. We're also pleased that the industry sees participation in the program as an additional factor to recommend a future employee.

hi friends..!
It is my greatest ambition to work in Google. This is my ambition from my very young age.

Now I am doing my Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology, 3rd year in India.

There are many companies coming to my college for placements but Google is not among the companies which come here. But I am very desperate to get a job in Google.

I have heard that getting a job in Google is a very very though task. Is it true?

What are the qualifications do I need to get a job in Google?

Is there any extra certification which I should do for a better chances of getting into Google?

Thank you...

Dear friend don’t restrict yourself and your future to a single company why only google and why not other software concerns. Think about it. There are many companies into the field of software and it. And if you have the concerned skills in you , then you will be easily be able to acquire a good job out there. And a very best of luck for your dream job dear. May GOD bless you and help you in acquiring your dream job.