xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
techclave

Dandruff Problem

I am a average built, Indian, Male, aged 20 person. I have a very serious problem with the dandruff. It comes back within an hour after taking a head bath. It is bothering me a lot. It is very itching and really irritating. I have tried applying lemon on my head but in vain. The dandruff still comes back. My mom advised me not to apply lemon too much on head so I have stopped applying that also on head. I went to a doctor and he asked me to shampoo hair with a medicated shampoo called SELSUN. But still the dandruff problem is lasting and with no effect with the medicated shampoo. I also tried using Head and Shoulders shampoo. But this also has proved to me of no value to me. The dandruff problem has caused quite a lot of sham to me among friends. My friends dont have the dandruff problem and so they are teasing me. I also saw on the internet about applying white vinegar. I am very afraid to use fearing loss of hair as told by many seniors. Is it ok to use the vinegar on hair? if so, what are the specifications and how to use it? Is there any other specifications you can provide me? I want to get rid of this dandruff problem as soon as possible. please help me.... thank you. thanks a lot in advance...!

I am a average built, Indian, Male, aged 20 person.
I have a very serious problem with the dandruff. It comes back within an hour after taking a head bath. It is bothering me a lot. It is very itching and really irritating. I have tried applying lemon on my head but in vain. The dandruff still comes back. My mom advised me not to apply lemon too much on head so I have stopped applying that also on head.

I went to a doctor and he asked me to shampoo hair with a medicated shampoo called SELSUN. But still the dandruff problem is lasting and with no effect with the medicated shampoo. I also tried using Head and Shoulders shampoo. But this also has proved to me of no value to me.

The dandruff problem has caused quite a lot of sham to me among friends. My friends dont have the dandruff problem and so they are teasing me.

I also saw on the internet about applying white vinegar. I am very afraid to use fearing loss of hair as told by many seniors.
Is it ok to use the vinegar on hair? if so, what are the specifications and how to use it?

Is there any other specifications you can provide me?

I want to get rid of this dandruff problem as soon as possible. please help me....

thank you. thanks a lot in advance...!

i hate dandruff as it is very flakes and when u brush your hands over your here it goes all white even talking about it is making me itch

I had a small dandruff problem awhile back ago. I asked my mom for some help in getting rid of it, she told me this:Don't use hot water on your hair because that just makes your scalp drier. Also don't wash your hair every time u go to take a shower, every other day is fine. Also use a small amount, like the size of a quarter is good. I followed this and my problem was gone.Try searching for other sites

The only time I noticed I would get dandruff was with some gel, I really stopped using it after I got the dandruff, I think it did that to my head because it had alcohol as an ingredient and that is bad for the hair. There are also some special shampoos to get rid of it, just take a walk down shampoo aisle and look for one that fights dandruff. I used to use a special shampoo like this when I had dreadlocks, I would use a little bit in between them massaging the scalp. Dreadlocks ruled!! too bad they are gone now =( , at least I tryed them and enjoyed them when I could.

Hey , dandruff is caused by a fungus, its called Micro Organism fur fur.. I read this in my ten Std science book . Dandruff is nothin but dry skin falkes ,the best thing to get rid of dandruff is prevent is from bbeing dry , See that after shower if u apply any conditioner or oils or gels , dont mix it with the water as water evaporates and along with it also the product causing more heat and drying the skin without even u noticing it, its only when u comb ur hair the flakes start fallingI recommend two Good Shampoos:1. Nizoral 2. Head and ShouldersStay dandruff freebye.

Edited by mabhishekjhawar (see edit history)

hi everybody... thank you very much for the enormous number of advices you have posted here for me to get rid of this stupid problem of mine.

GamerGlitch:

I have heard from many people in the past that dandruff does not attack everybody.

For example, if two people are living under same sanitary conditions, one may get dandruff and the other has the chance of not being attacked by dandruff.

So, since u use shampoo and conditioner and u get no dandruff then it does not mean that me using the same will make me free from dandruff.

FLaKes:

I dont use hair gel in my hair at all.

I know that using gel does have a lot of side effects like loss of hair, dandruff, greying of hair etc..

So, i am very afraid to use hair gels. So, i think my problem is not connected with using hair gels with alcohol in it.

Also, I have found hundreds of such shampoos proclaiming to be the most effective shampoo to get rid of dandruff. I have bought some and none of them has worked. So, I have completely got rid of the idea of buying some shampoos without anybody telling me that its good.

mabhishekjhawar:

Using oil helps me temporarily, but it cannot be a long term solution for my dandruff problem. I cannot go on applying oil to my head each time i take bath through out my life.

FLaKes has mentioned that using hair gel is not good. but you are saying me to try using it. What can i decide from this two opposite answers to my questions? I am really confused...

I tried using Head and Shoulders shampoo. That shampoo had some effect on my dandruff problem. But still the dandruff comes back after a day of taking head bath but with less density. I has not cured my problem completely.

You mentioned about a shampoo called Nizoral. What shampoo is that? I tried getting it from a department store but they are totally unaware of such a product. where can i get that shampoo?

is it available in India?

None of you have given me a suggestion on using white vinegar. why? is it not effective? or is it very ill to use?

Edited by techclave (see edit history)

I have the same problem, so I talked to my hair stylist and doctor about it. There are actually different types of dandruff. Smaller flakes are usually caused by residuals like hair gel and hair spray or if your hair is very oily. The solution would be to wash your hair after using such products or, if it's caused by oily hair, you should actually try to wash your hair less frequently so that your scalp will stop producing excess oil. It'll look greasy for a few months, but once your scalp adjusts, it'll even out. Try not to wear hats or anything that covers your head because much of the heat in your body escapes through your head, and heat tends to increase oil production. This also means that you shouldn't use hot water on your head, so when you wash your hair, try to keep it lukewarm or cold. The other type is caused by something like eczema. You can tell if you have this type because you'll have large flakes of dandruff close to the scalp. Sometimes they can even be as large as the size of a dime. You'll need something stronger than selsun to get rid of this. My stylist suggests Nutrogena's T-Gel, and I've had some success with it, but it can be expensive. You can also try stuff with tea tree oil or peppermint to stimulate the follicles while cooling the scalp. Right now I'm using a medicated shampoo that my doctor prescribed similar to Nizoral. It's actually just the generic version. My doctor said to use it twice a week. It seems to be working since I'm comfortable wearing black clothes.

You mentioned about a shampoo called Nizoral. What shampoo is that? I tried getting it from a department store but they are totally unaware of such a product. where can i get that shampoo?is it available in India?

yes nizoral is available ion indian market its a product from johnson and johnson.
very good actually but the cost is high , a sachet costs around Rs10
and i wat i told u was to take care that u dont mix oil and water, and not oil always ,
some gels do provide relief , but it depends on wat suits ur skin, so i guess its always better to meet a dermatologist.

but still if u wants to experreiment with shampoos , try NIZORAL, i guess us hould have seen this ad in tv, its available in the market since a yer or so, but the pricing of the product is so hight , tat u can buy 3 bottles of H&S for the cost of NIZORAL.

TikiPrincess:

Smaller flakes are usually caused by residuals like hair gel and hair spray or if your hair is very oily. The solution would be to wash your hair after using such products or, if it's caused by oily hair, you should actually try to wash your hair less frequently so that your scalp will stop producing excess oil. It'll look greasy for a few months, but once your scalp adjusts, it'll even out. Try not to wear hats or anything that covers your head because much of the heat in your body escapes through your head, and heat tends to increase oil production. This also means that you shouldn't use hot water on your head, so when you wash your hair, try to keep it lukewarm or cold.

Yeah, my flakes are not as big as you mentioned in the second case. It is small only. But i dont use hair gels nor any kind of spray nor is my hair oily. Its dry only.

Is this condition of mine very uncommon?

mabhishekjhawar:

Thank you mabhishekjhawar for that. I will try getting that nizoral by johnson and johnson from shop today itself. Hope i get it...

Thank you very much!

Edited by techclave (see edit history)

I used to have dandruff as well. I used a dandruff shampoo called head and shoulders, and it seemed to work pretty well. They have 9 diffrent shhampoos for people of all diffrent kinds, so you will be able to find a dandruff shampoo that fits your needs. I would suggest trying it out. However, you should try to figure out what kind of dandruff you have before you try to treat it. There are small flakes, large flakes, and other types of dandruff, and some treatments only work for certain kinds of dandruff.

the-artistic-bunch:

thank you very much for your reply....

i got a sort of small flakes. I have tried using head and shoulders shampoo. but it was effective for the first use.

But when i started using it from the second time, i am feeling that its effect has reduced on me and the dandruff is still present even after using the head and shoulders shampoo.

i am now using a local hair powder sort of thing called MEERA. it is totally made from herbal plants (atleast that is what it is write on the packet). it is effective more than the head and shoulders shampoo. it cleans my hair very much.

but the problem is that after using meera my hair goes dry and feels irritating after some time after taking hair bath.

so. i am planning to stop that also. this is really getting on my nerves. i am loosing my patience. i have been fighting this dandruff problem for more than a year now but with less effect.

i am really getting irritated sometime. sometimes it is very shamful when i am with my friends. when theyt see these flakes on my head they start teasing me. they are not understanding me at all.

does anybody here know any herbal medicines which can cure my problem? please help me..... it should not dry my hair since that will cause more irritation than dandruff's itching.

Make sure you condition your hair after applying that powder stuff. And every time you shampoo as well. I had dandruff some time ago, comes back once in a while but not that much. One thing you should try to do (reccomended by my old doctor) is alternate the shampoos you use. One day use selsun and the next time head and shoulders. Make sure you message it with some pressure into your scalp. Who knows, the dandruff may be some kind of allergic reaction so you might want to check that out.