xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stevey

Calling All Php Programmerss Help Needed as soon as possible

hello people im currently working on an open source web software installer kinda like fantastico , but actually for webservers running apache on windows based systems and the biggest part of this will be an update website, where people that have already got this installed can actually update the existing packages, i have already figured out how the downloads work but im kinda running out of ideas, so if anyone has any idea what i could include please tell me, jus give me the idea and ill try sort out the code. so any suggestion all i have got so far is1.i know how to get the files downloaded and to back up existing ones.2. i have a way of knowing which files the user has installed3. i have a got a place for news.any more??

Are you planning to connect to a REMOTE server to do the updating thing... And if you are, you will need server level access and you should be having a good knowledge of sockets and Curl in PHP. I am off with PERL so I cant help much in that.

as far as the downloading is concerned i dont have any problems, i have managed to create a script that downloads a list of files from a remote server and displays a progress bar all the way through, so i dont have a problem with the downloading part, im just asking if any body knows any kool features i might add.