xisto Community
Mich

Is Sotw(month) Dead Or Dying? Review on the subject.

Me thinks perhaps the cycle has run itself out. Interest in this contest has waned almost to a halt. This subject was argued before and changes were made to try to revive it. Participation is down to 3 entries in #61. #62, which was opened over a week ago, has no entries as of today; 1 Sep 2007. Where have all the siggers gone?

I did actually make a sig for #62 in the GIMP (my first in around 6 months) but never got around to uploading it to put in the contest (and it wasn't that good anyway). Anyway, wait to see what others say, but I think it would be a shame to see it disappear completely.

Hasn't school started a while ago? That could be one reason. (As for me, i've been busy with work and some PHP scripting.) School sometimes tends to make the whole forum seem slow. Perhaps SOTW'll kick in like it does in a while.

I submitted my sig for SOTW#59 at the last moment but my entry was rejected and I lost the interest. :)But now I'm getting a new broadband connection so I'll be back in action in the coming week :XD:

I Agree with truefusion that now school is starting once again the forums going to be a little more quiet here in the forums, and most everyone that do come here after school will be here to keep there credits up. I keep posting new ones, but I won't have much time adding entries of my own since my course load is pretty heavy this semester.

Well, as was mentioned in the other thread, Trap isn't a graphics only website. People wander in and out, get interested in other things, or put their efforts into sigs for contests on more graphics-focused forums. I was actually going to enter last weeks, but I got a bit distracted by real life and missed the deadline. And like the others have mentioned, school is starting and it seems to me that the majority of the Trap population is still in school, so they've got other things to worry about at the moment. Interest will ebb and flow with time, but until you get consistent no-shows, I'd say keep it up.