xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
downsy007

Fast Cars

what car is best  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

this is what the mclarean has

The McLaren F1 is capable of 0 to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds and a top speed in excess of 240 mph. This makes it the fastest production car in the world.During development work, McLaren driver Jonathan Palmer drove F1 prototype XP3 around Italy's 7.5 mile Nardo test track at 231 mph. But for the tight nature of the track, the car could have gone even faster. Early in 1998 this record was broken at Volkswagen's test track with a recorded speed of 241 mph.

Powering the McLaren is a quad cam, 48-valve, 6.1-litre BMW V12 engine with variable valve timing. It produces a staggering 627 bhp.

The F1's engine uses competition inspired dry sump lubrication. More complex than a conventional wet sump, it shaved vital inches from the oil pan, allowing the engine to be mounted lower.

One of Murray's key concerns about the F1 was weight and how to keep it to a minimum. His target was 1000kg, although the eventual kerb weight rose to 1100kg.

Everywhere you look on the McLaren, attempts have been made to reduce weight. Like the front and rear wishbones which are machined from solid aluminium alloy; or the wheels, constructed out of magnesium alloy.

McLaren Cars built five F1 prototypes before assembling 001, the first car. There was XP1 (experimental prototype 1), destroyed in a fire after three months; XP2, used for crash testing; XP3, used for durability testing and the 231 mph Nardo run; XP4 responsible for gearbox validation work; and XP5, a marketing department car.

One key design feature of the McLaren F1 is the positioning of the driver - in the middle, with two passenger seats aft of either side. That makes everything equi-distant from the wheel.

The F1 uses sophisticated double wishbones at the front and rear to give superb handling characteristics, but an absorbent ride, too.

this is what the bmw spec is

Chassis: Steel tube space frame. Epoxy powder coated.New top yoke providing different steering geometry for precise handling with no steering "tremor"
Body: Fibreglass and Kevlar reinforced polyester, manufactured by hand, 2-pack paint finish.
Standard BMW Motorcycle colour range.
Bespoke colours at extra cost.
Engine: BMW R-Series.
1200cc, 8 valve, flat twin (61 bhp)
850cc, 8 valve, flat twin (50 bhp)
Motronic MA 2.4 digital engine management.
Transmission: 5-speed gearbox with dog-type shift.
Single plate, 65mm dry clutch.
Suspension: Front suspension: Tere-lever, as per 1200/850C. Custom top yoke with revised geometry.
Rear suspension: Double wishbones in oval tubing with inboard concentric coil springs and dampers.
Brakes: Front brakes: Dual BMW 305 mm discs.
Rear brake: 252 mm discs. Girling single piston, sliding calipers with handbrake.
Wheels-tyres: Front: 252 mm discs. Girling single piston, sliding calipers with handbrake.
Rear: Cast aluminium 6.5" x 15" wheels with 195/70 ZR 15 tyres.
Fuel tank: 17 litre capacity.
Dimensions: Dry weight : 330 kg.
Width Overall : 152.5 cm.
Length Overall : 249 cm.
Wheelbase : 180 cm.
Performance: 0-100 kph (1200C) approx. 5.0 seconds.
Maximum speed approx. 160 kph (1200C)

Notice from rvalkass:

Anything you copy must be placed in QUOTE tags. The first section was copied from http://webpages.csus.edu/~sac37091/under%206%20seconds.htm and the second section from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Remember to read the readme.

Well both of them "seem" to be same but kph is under mph and theres less and im a more fan of speed as the second car takes 5.0 seconds to go ats smaller speedplus the top speed also matters the first 0-60 3.2 seconds and the 240 hi speed is very attractive if you added a turbo a better carb,spoiler,and a air intake the arodynamics and speed would uprate possibly breaking the even current speed so imagine the potiental however i wouldn't buy it as most new cars you buy at say 50,000 and in two years their value is like 2,000 very profit loss the only cars holding value is the Dodge Viper (espeically VPS) because most people cant affordeven some celebs cant making it more valueble however if someone had crashed a viper there would be small chance leaving a motor so if someone wanted to take a cheap way they could do custom body work for a viper look then put a mustang,charger,corvette or other sports car moter in infact i may do some research and post a tutorial thanks for this poll/ info and for giving me a tutorial idea :XD:

Well both of them "seem" to be same but kph is under mph and theres less and im a more fan of speed as the second car takes 5.0 seconds to go ats smaller speedplus the top speed also matters the first 0-60 3.2 seconds and the 240 hi speed is very attractive if you added a turbo a better carb,spoiler,and a air intake the arodynamics and speed would uprate possibly breaking the even current speed so imagine the potiental however i wouldn't buy it as most new cars you buy at
say 50,000 and in two years their value is like 2,000 very profit loss the only cars holding value is the Dodge Viper (espeically VPS) because most people cant afford
even some celebs cant making it more valueble however if someone had crashed a viper there would be small chance leaving a motor so if someone wanted to take a
cheap way they could do custom body work for a viper look then put a mustang,charger,corvette or other sports car moter in infact i may do some research and post a
tutorial thanks for this poll/ info and for giving me a tutorial idea :XD:

mate same i like mclaren i love all racing cars but my favourite car is noble m12 the rule
standard GTO-3 and 3R models, but now has a brace of larger Garrett T28 turbochargers which means they are really nippy i cant wait till i drive one man lol nobles are so sexy insides and out thats why i love them so much