xisto Community
Thorn

What's Google Mean? what does it mean?

The word "google" was first used in the 1927 Little Rascals silent film "Dog Heaven", used to refer to a having a drink of water.

I wonder how they got there name out of that...

As for what haslip said, why would they name something after 10000000000000000.

There must be a reason, or it just sounds cool.

Notice from rvalkass:

Being hosted you should know not to copy and paste without putting QUOTE tags around the material. Quoted section copied from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

lol what the hell if u dont no what google means it is a site engine which will find anything and everythging that u will type in it will find videos images etc cars motorbikes when i say everything i mea everything

The word Googol describes a number which is followed by one hundred zeros. Google is just a bit of corporate twisting onto that word. A Googolplex is a number which is followed by a googol of zeros.Google's HQ is named the Googleplex, so it is implied that they named it after the number.

Oh, thanks a lote. Now it's clear why they choose that name for a search engine. I thought that it was just because it's nice to say google. :)

The word Googol describes a number which is followed by one hundred zeros. Google is just a bit of corporate twisting onto that word. A Googolplex is a number which is followed by a googol of zeros.
Google's HQ is named the Googleplex, so it is implied that they named it after the number.

@haslip I belive it is spelled googol *checks wikipedia* Yep googol! :)

Also, I heard the original name for google was backrub back when the two founders were in college together, but they changed it to google because people didn't get the joke

Edit:
@tetraca
nevermind looks like you already said that. When I read your post the first time i thought spelled it google!
Damn this dyslexia!

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

Google is in fact mathematical term and represent number that is one follow iwth hundred zeros and several times creators of google have confirmed that it was their initial idea to name the company like this.It is already common knowledge.

Google is in fact mathematical term and represent number that is one follow iwth hundred zeros and several times creators of google have confirmed that it was their initial idea to name the company like this.
It is already common knowledge.

Did you even bother to read the posts above you i wonder? :)

Yeah googleplex, I thought everyone knew that? It has like a million 0 after the 1 or something. Not even the worlds population of money equals a googleplex.You should search googleplex on google, see what you find :P.

Maybe it's because when they were developing it, they implemented early that phrase that says more or less "320.024 results found". So they think there must appear really high numbers, with lots of zeros and they thought that something derived from googol (which sounds cool also) could fit the name of a search engine called to be the most popular worldwide. Or maybe just sounds cool. :P

Google is a fun word to say! Google Google Google Google Google! Googlistic powers are so overwhelmingly insane! Google is NOT the same as googol, but however it IS renamed after googol. I think they renamed it because they were afraid that it would be mistyped.