xisto Community
chelcy

HTML Editors Your preference?

So what's the best HTML editor? Or at least what you use? I searched in Google, and they (of course) all claim to be good, and I think they are. But what do you guys use? (Or do you just use Notepad? :P )Oh yeah, I'd prefer free ones! B)Edit: Can someone move this post? I'm so sorry but I posted in the wrong forum... :D

B) ,,,NotePad is the best ..hehe ..And its same as editing in front page or dreamweaver ..You have to click preview to see the result and here you have to click that html file after editing the source... Why dont you use front page ?? that comes wid MS office ..

(Actually, I use Notepad myself, since I'm not sure which HTML editor is worth downloading... :D )I thought Frontpage was a common kind of editor, like, very few features or something, but I guess it's worth a try! B) One problem though: I have Microsoft Office 2003, but there's no Frontpage with it. How come? :P

hmmm.. again i will say i would like to use Dreamweaver.still i think that is the best.but notepad is also good.

I use notepad, if I want to preview something, I just use Frontpage.

if you use dreamweaver you can also view it...

when i started learning i found frontpage to be easier, in the beginning dreamveawer had way too many options....now macromedia's editor is better 4 long projects, but for quick stuff fp is definitly better...

when i started learning i found frontpage to be easier, in the beginning dreamveawer had way too many options....now macromedia's editor is better 4 long projects, but for quick stuff fp is definitly better...

thats pretty much true yes.but,
dreamweaver has more options,
but you dont have to use them all do you?
i know like 10% of the options.
and i still like it more.

i must admit that dreamweaver is best for the
experienced ones, but for me its fine

:P notepad is the best editor... It is easier for me to code the layout, than to try to design it using a WYSIWYG and it is 100% FREE!!! For some reason it is easier, I don't know why! B)

If you Guys are looking for HTML Code editors and not WYSIWYG then gpo for FIRSTPAGE 2000. Its the best editor, I have ever seen and it has got all the HTML codes necessary, Color coding, Supports PHP, Perl, ASP, Coldfusion and lot many languages. Gives a pretty cool Tab interface and many tools to mark the things, highlighting and stuff.
Got an inbuilt Javascript builder and hence you can insert menu and stuff and create cool animations in a flash. With a Javascript Object Dictionary, you can refer to each and every javascript attributes used in DHTML. Not to mention, its also got a DHTML zone to put in additional effects. In built FTP.. This is only TIP of the iceberg, I only wrote what i could remember.
On top of this : ITS absolutely FREEEE!!!

http://www.webdesignland.com/

oke that sounds really good B) i'll try it out.if i got any complains or what so ever,i'll post them.the free thingy is a big advantage and the way you were talking about the program.lets me know its a good program.but i'll check it out.

I just might try that! I'm actually downloading it now.Is this the one you're currently using? Because I want to know if the built-in FTP automatically uploads the changed/updated files. (It doesn't say in their site.) That's a pretty useful feature B)

well i tryed it a bit,looks pretty nice.but i dont have a website at the moment,so i have to wait for the hosting i get here.

FRONTPAGE 2003! The best Editor. U wont regret it. Its simply the Best.

frontpage makes things easy, but dreamweaver is better. I prefer notepad for html B) Note pad is the best!!! like jacob said