xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
csp4.0

Need Help In Choosing A New Computer!

Ok, I have searched and searched and searched, but cannot find a computer that suits my need, minimum specs are<AU$14001.66GHz 2 Core processor (supports 64-bit OSs)2GB RAM100GB HDD (5,400 PRM)Preferably graphics card, but integrated is fine (but preferably not shared with RAM)1280x700 32-bit colourCD-R/W DVD+-RW (preferably with DL)Any type (laptop or desktop) is fine but a laptop is preferred. I'm upgrading since my computer can barely handle its OS and these new game are just too much for my current computer.I have found systems with similar specs but just one thing ruins it, like everything else processor, HDD etc are all fine but then the computer only has 512MB of RAM.Even if you can't find any specific computers, feedback is very much appreciatedOk, I've picked out all of the components I need and here are the final specs:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz Kentsfield (which I am dying to OC it to 2.66 or even 3.2)ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS LGA 775 nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MotherboardA-DATA 2GB (2x1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC6400) Dual Channel Desktop Memory (wanting to get another pair after I get more money)Gigabyte GV-NX88S640H-RG GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Expressx16 HDCP ready SLI supported Card (might get another one sometime soon)Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 GZ-FA1CA-*bottom* 1.0mm Aluminum body Full ATX TowerThermaltake toughpower W0104RU 650W PSU Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive LG Electronics Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 18X DVD?R DVD Burner with 12X DVD-RAM Write Acer AL2016WBbd Black 20" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 800:1 Microsoft Optical Desktop with Fingerprint Reader BZ5-00002 Black 105 Normal Keys 22 Function keys Function Keys USB for mouse only Standard Creative SBS380 12 Watts 2.1 Speaker Total Cost Approx. AU$1800 way over my budget I know but with extra elbow grease I should be able to get it in no time

Edited by csp4.0 (see edit history)

**Sings Newegg is my hero***

Anyways the first suggestion I bring to you is build your computer with the parts you want, because you can get the parts cheaper and then build it to your specifications, and htat way the only searching you have to is make sure the parts are all compatible. Now if thats not an option then I would go to newegg's website and browse around there and see what they have to offer for complete systems, well for the most part complete systems since you will either have to get a monitor, keyboard and other stuff or just a monitor.

Your Price Range

Like I mention earlier if you haven't found the pc close to it, build it yourself and you be set, I built my computer for under US$1000 (including OS) that beats all of those specs, mind you I did some trimming such as no graphics card and using a DVD ROM drive with minor writing capabilities.

But if your going to the laptop route then your pretty much stuck unless you know someone who is very good at building laptops from scratch, but again luckily for you a narrow your search for laptops once again :):

Your Price Range for laptops

I start searching at the US$850 price range, since thats where most of your specs are being covered at and or better specs, and so that should help you in your search for that special computer of yours :XD:.

thanks for your help, i've now decided to build myself a desktop.I have some experience in building one, but alot of experience troubleshooting faulty parts.So yea, currently I'm think of something under AU$1500 which greatly expands my choice

hello ,there,i don know the pricing of the cpu in the australian market , but the specification u have put in, i guess can be easily purchased in india, so i think u can get a good deal there provided u are not looking to purchase a montor.Firsty:The specification u got out is quite a good one. but why have u compromised on the HDD for jus 100gb , if u gotta play HD games on your sys , u need to have a lotta space otherwise ur sys, might slow down.Secondly:I dont prefer a laptop to play games . if u are u hardcore gamer , then i guess u should look for a DESKTOP ,rather than a LAPTOP.tHIRD:integrated graphic cards are not so hi-fi , so prefer a nvidia card.

i know, but i just moved to a new country and NO TABLES *sob sob* anyway, my harddrive on my current computer is 80GB, which is too small, but i do have a 120GB External-HDD availible.
The reason I want to buy a new one is because for some reason i bought Supreme COmmander, and because I can't return it for a full refund I'm stuck with it and no I ain't selling it.
Right now my budget went even lower AU$1200. Right now I'm trying to choose the computer at the uttermost minimum specs (but using a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield(US$289.99)). Any help in good graphics cards, alternative cpus to the kentsfield, and RAM?

Ok, here is another issue, I have picked all the components on newegg.com only to find it ships only in the us, I kinda expected that anyway, but are there any reliable mail forwarders since the ones I've been looking at all seem a little dodgy.
OK now i've decided not to buy from newegg even though i found a good reliable forwarder (ishopusa) but i'll be buying from a component store in AUS since the delivery fees will make buying direct from the US obsolete.

Anyway the computer im making will have a Kentsfield processor, ok here is the question should I buy a nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB OC'ed or buy a 2 lesser cards in SLI mode? cost is bascically the same

Now another question, I need help in choosing a PSU, I've decided to buy a 8800GTS and it needs a minimum of 400W
I'm also having a kentsfield and 2 GB of corsair RAM with a SATA 7200RPM HDD will a 730W Hiper PSU be enough or will I need one with more watts or one the is more reliable?

Edited by csp4.0 (see edit history)