xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ewcreators

Games,... Just giving a few thoughts

Well everyone wants to be a game maker, game owner.

Be it adventure games, action, rpg..etc,3d,2d...etc and the very known ,Online games,

everyone wants to be a part of it.

There are many ways to make a game.

Programming languages such as java , c++ , javascript, flash/actionscript and other languages.

There are also loads of programs out there,

recently i bought a 3d gamemaker..its good.

There are programs for making online games such as realm crafter or dark basic trials...but one must know some coding.

Then there is the very famous, mostly used online :

PHP

Php ,a very powerful language, can be used to create almost anything. Its limitations are not known. If combined with javascript,css and ajax ..well .. It leads to powerful and "WOW" results. (believe me, i am playing such a game)..

they are created in the form of online web/text based games.

Now im focusing on php for now, because its the language i currently know the most 'bout.

Infact not only php, but with many other languages you can make games.

I'd suggest, like ive seen in many forums, start with actionscript and flash and try to master it. I dont know actionscript and not much flash used since 1-2 years but im starting now, and you should too. Then move onto complex languages like php for internet games or java or javascript and then finally C++.

Get into a group, discuss some of your thoughts , ask for help . Even the simplest of doubts should be asked.

Start your own group, work on a project, and one by one master everything.

Just some thoughts on game creating,

~Aldo

It was my dream sometimes to make some nice game mostly adventure :) I was trying something do in c++ and I havent brain for it. It is really hard to make something like normal game. I know at normal game there are many workers and payed but how they can make something like Call of Duty I cant really explain. It must be very dificult but that end of that game must be really great :D And I hate men who are just talking : I have this and this game.. They are proud that they have it. But only who can be proud at that game can be workers who made it not 15y child :XD:)

It was my dream sometimes to make some nice game mostly adventure :D I was trying something do in c++ and I havent brain for it. It is really hard to make something like normal game. I know at normal game there are many workers and payed but how they can make something like Call of Duty I cant really explain. It must be very dificult but that end of that game must be really great :D
And I hate men who are just talking : I have this and this game..
They are proud that they have it. But only who can be proud at that game can be workers who made it not 15y child :XD:)

Ambitions is what makes people do something they want to do.
Why dont you try flash and actionscript? seems fairly easy :)

I suggest Game Maker for you newbies. Game Maker is really easy to use, only costs 20$ to upgrade to the Pro edition. They have a site called http://www.yoyogames.com/. Go there, try the limited version (No time limit, just a limit on some commands). I have tried to get Flash, but whenever I download anything from Macromedia I can never find a FLASH GAME MAKER program. I can only find little files that it installs. Can someone provide a link to it? That would help a lot.

I suggest Game Maker for you newbies. Game Maker is really easy to use, only costs 20$ to upgrade to the Pro edition. They have a site called http://www.yoyogames.com/. Go there, try the limited version (No time limit, just a limit on some commands). I have tried to get Flash, but whenever I download anything from Macromedia I can never find a FLASH GAME MAKER program. I can only find little files that it installs. Can someone provide a link to it? That would help a lot.

Well, There is no flash game maker program.
What i was saying is that Flash 8 ..etc can be used to design games.
You just need to know the language associated with it, actionscript.

hi friendsGames,...

Something that everybody seems to forget is that you just need to look back at history and you will so that it has all been done before.  Look at EverQuest, it is still going strong with the same game play from the past. Does anybody think that it really matters.

-reply by symonds

zombie worldGames,...

zombie town full of zombies play single player -or-multieplayer fight your way through the town to survive

Well, if you want to make games, I would really suggest Game Maker and Flash.Game Maker is a simple, easy to learn program. You could make commercial games with it, too. Even an MMORPG. I remember working on one, but both team members kind of got lost in other things.Flash is good if you want to make real money. If you can make a really good game and get it sponsored, you can earn somewhere around $5000 to $7000 a month.I use both. GM (Game Maker) for prototypes, and Flash for the final versions.