xisto Community
lazzer2

Blog System?

Well, I would REALLY recomend you trying WordPress (from https://wordpress.org/) on your free host here (they even have an option for installing it automatically), WordPress is an easy way of posting, it can be customized a lot thanks to the Themes, and the Plugins.There are others too, like Blogger, and Joomla (there are tons more, but i don't remember they exactly), you should review them, but for me, WordPress is the best (most of the Top Blogs use it, look in the bottom or the sides of the page for the WordPress badge :rolleyes: trust me).Luck with your choice.

hmm.... well, from what i have seen and heard, wordpress has the cleanest interface and is the easiest to use. it is also world famous for its '5-minute installation'.

however, when it came to installing my own blog, it just didn't seem to work. when i go to my blog, all of the links to 'categories' etc. didn't work.

why do you think this is? i did everything it said in the instructions...

my blog can be found here

I keep hearing that WordPress is a great starter from some people, and that others really regret using it (even in this topic!). Any particular reasons for this? I know it's supposed to be more user friendly, and that there are the usual tradeoffs for that, but it seems quite surprising that it polarises people so much.Bear in mind I've never blogged if you answer :P

I must say that since my last post here I've started using wordpress and I think it's great so I recommend it thoroughly. I think it's better than blogger and the fact that you can not embed (or easily at least) objects keep the wordpress network more clean and more information oriented than turning into a bunch of awful designs with lots of widgets, media players, youtubes, etc. I still think it's the best option.I've also heard good things about movable type but I never used it. For bthaxor I recommend you to describe your error in wordpress forums (if you don't get an answer here), surely other users can help you.

As a $8,000 / month blogger, trust me - Wordpress is definitely your best bet. The only thing better would be a proprietary, specially programmed blog to meet certain needs, but with wordpress you would only need to create certain plugins.

I use blogger because it is intuitive and simple, but this usually also means you sacrifice freedom to code. I am now sold solely on coding because although it may take longer to produce a site, you can theoretically have the freedom to make it look exactly how you want it and it will be more original.

I also like wordpress as it gives you enough freedom to customize your blog. You can also add a huge number of plugins and themes and the maintenance is really easy. The support forums at wordpress are a bit chaotic but you'll eventually get the help you need. Oh, I almost forgot about the backup, import and export options which will enable you to move your blog from hosting to hosting without any problem.

There is a lot difference between blog hostings and blog programs I use wordpress it is really great you have many options you can add anything and work almost everything with it also there is so many extensions for wordpress and many nice themse that way your blog will not look the same and whatecver you can change it is quite easy and you cna make even some better changes if you know some of the php and mysql in the worst case just php will work.