xisto Community
lazzer2

Blog System?

Hi everyone!I'm a new member, I'm here for free web hosting...I would like to set up a blog. But I don't know what's the best blog system.Some tellme that blogger is the best, and other tellme that I must use WordPress.What's the better blog system for you??

I personally recommend wordPress. No particular reason for this recommendation I must say. I don't really work with blogs very much. You can get a blog hosted on a website made specifically for hosting blogs. You could get a subdomain like "yourblog.blogsite.com" or something. Or if you get hosted here at Xisto, you can buy your own domain and host your blog there. All you would have to do is install wordPress through the fantastico script installer included in the Cpanel with Xisto hosting. Then you can have "yourblog.com". :XD:

It all depends on what you want out of your site. If you simply want a blog and pretty much nothing else, I would recommend using Wordpress. However, if you want to build a website with a blog as its main features, you should use the CMS. I have heard different things about different CMS software, so I recommend that you decide what CMS is the best at http://www.opensourcecms.com/. I have heard good things about Joomla, but I would check out more than one CMS before you make a decision.

WordPress for the WIN!I've used WordPress for many months, It's simple to use, Easy to install skins and plugins, and is a fresh breath (which has been so for a long time) :PIf you can't be assed getting yourself some hosting and set it up manually (or through cPanel's Fantastico) then get some Blogger thing.I also think WordPress gives free subdomains plus small hosting (yourname.wordpress.org) or something.

I've heard about Wordpress and joomla. I don't really know about blog systems was was thinking of making one for my website and would say that this thread really helped me out.

I would say go for WordPress. Being on Xisto, it would give you way more than what Blogger.com ever will. Blogger hardly has any good advantages of it's own and the readymade templates are plain ugly for me.Many, many, many more features. Most customization. Better standards. So many skins and plug-ins. A great community to hold your back. It's like owning a really nice web-site rather than having a "blog". It's not just out of a fad that WordPress is basically called the best blogging platform and I've been using blog systems for almost two years now and nothing, absolutely nothing beats WordPress.But if you need something more than a blog, you can go for CMSs. Someone mentioned the link to Open Source CMS. Give it a try, that's the best place to discover new and compare CMSs according to your own needs.

nucleus is a good blog plus it lets you create several other smaller blogs. Like wordpress, nucleus is very easy to learn and simple, great skins and very small and compact. I would recommend you to try the Nucleus before Wordpress, you'll be amazed.

Of course worldpressI know z-blog is pop here too Both are for the people who have his own domain and need a system.and It seem like XXX.XXblog.com is good for common use.

If you decide to use a CMS system, I recommend Joomla (though it IS quite a pain in the butt setting it up for the first time, getting everything to work etc, but in the end it'll all reward you pretty well!).phpNuke is too exploited, or plain HARD to set up I think. e107, Drupal, phpWebSite etc, there's a lot of them, but Joomla has really paid off once you get it working.There's TONS of stuff for it aswell, so give Joomla a try! : ) However there's many other Blog Systems too, but only WordPress is "the shiz" for me :P

I could recommend you b2evolution blog software, it has nice (well, a classic blog) design, it functions (lol, the most important B)).Get a free webhosting from Xisto, install it, and have fun :P

If what you want is a blog try Wordpress. If you don't like it or think it's difficult try Blogger. There's no point in using Joomla or another CMS if you need to ask advice about a blog system, becuase those CMS are intended for more complex sites than a simple blo and probably you're going to customize lot of things that could be not so easy as getting started with wordpress... and if you're not going to use what they offer it's stupid to use them, choose always something that suits your needs. :P

Well if you don't want to have to worry about bandwidth thant try out blogger.com Its free, and you don't have to install it manually or anything. Or try WordPress. it's the best free blogging system out there, and all hosting accounts have them in the Fantastico section, which takes minutes and no knowledge whatsoever to install.

Well, you are sure lucky this time round. I stumbled upon a network on comparison websites - they help you to compare all the softwares you want. It varies on what category you are looking for. Have a nice time comparing - hopes this helps:

Link2;

In my opinion, wordpress seems to be a good choice for newbies. However, from that onwards, you've gotta be knowledgeable. I have been using wordpress for some time, and found it so-so. Blogger was my main, but i prefered Wordpress though. So, go for wordpress!

Edited by OneMinute (see edit history)