xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
moonless

My Dog Is A Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen whats yours?

My dog is a PBGV. Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen. (Pronounce: Peteet Basset Grif-fon Ven-deen, quite simple)Its a french dog :XD:. No really it is.Heres a little about her. Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen is a small dog with natural, wiry coats. The eyebrows are nearly always long. And also it has a beard and mustache. This dog has a double coat. The inner coat is soft and fluffy, it provides warmth to the dog. The rough outer coat protects the petit basset griffon vendeen when hunting. The noticable colours about it are: white, orange, black, and a tint of yellow. (if lucky :)) By the way these sort of dogs are called tri-colours. Because they have only 3 colours. If the basset is well portioned the body is 50% longer than it is tall. All bassets are like that. Apparently the tail is meant to be high for most of its life. Because it is a scent hound, but mine dont do it. The eyes a dark black-to-brown. It has muscley thighs, (not like a super strong person) and well shaped fore legs. The flappy, long, hairy ears nearly reaches the bottom of her head. Some times when she drinks or eats her ears clog with earwax by dirt easily going into them. They need to be regularly cleaned :D Post stuff about your dog!But please dont copy from other sites...

Oh how cool! I think PVGV's are cool looking dogs. I thought about raising them at one time, I like the different and more rare breeds. I also like the Polish Owczarek Nizinny, they remind me of sheepdogs and Bearded Collies, and as you might guess, I do like the sheepdog breeds. The name was just too hard to pronouce, lol. Keeping ears clean on drop eared breeds is a challange. Make sure you not only clean, but if there is excessive hair in the ear canal, it needs to be pulled out a bit to help keep the air flow into the ear to help keep it dry. Moisture and dirt in the ear can cause ear infections. I usually clean with alchol after plucking, as it evaporates quickly and kills most ear problems. Post a picture of your dog when you get a chance, love to see it.

Hi, I have 2 poodles. Merlim and Lancelote. Merlim is 11 years old and Lancelote is 9 years old.

Oh how cool! I think PVGV's are cool looking dogs. I thought about raising them at one time, I like the different and more rare breeds. I also like the Polish Owczarek Nizinny, they remind me of sheepdogs and Bearded Collies, and as you might guess, I do like the sheepdog breeds. The name was just too hard to pronouce, lol.
Keeping ears clean on drop eared breeds is a challange. Make sure you not only clean, but if there is excessive hair in the ear canal, it needs to be pulled out a bit to help keep the air flow into the ear to help keep it dry. Moisture and dirt in the ear can cause ear infections. I usually clean with alchol after plucking, as it evaporates quickly and kills most ear problems.

Post a picture of your dog when you get a chance, love to see it.