xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tigercat

The Marvels Of Technology Smaller Device, Lots of Space

The marvels of technology surprise me to this day. Like my new MP3 player for example. It's a 1 gig, and it's smaller than my index finger. Or my newest phone, is like half the size of my old one, with a camera, more features, and four times as much space for downloads. iPods are mildly annoying in their marvel. They're tiny, but hold so many songs. Like the iPod nano, which holds 1, 2, 4 or 8 gigs depending on the generation. The marvels of technology amaze me. It makes me feel old not just to remember cassette tapes, but to own a cassette player and cassettes. And I know someone who has a cassette tape from Christmas morning in 1976 back when she was a little kid and got a tape recorder for Christmas. How far we've come.... To go from bulky cassette players and VHS tapes to MP3 players that are so small you could swallow them. Odd. It almost makes me miss the good ol' days. Almost, but not quite.

Well our civilization is evolving every day and it is not only in the end of XXth century but throughout history. Though now it is most obvious this advance in technology and as you say marvels. The problem is that many of those marvels are now available to the masses and that is one of the reasons why it became so obvious also I would like to point out that many scientists are also approching to the point of human race in such introspective that we are eveolcving almost exponentially, this could also bring us to upper state of civilization order and peace and prosperity or it can downfall us. I sincerly hope that it will be first thing but we will see and probably in our live times.

At the moment, the amount of information about technology known to man, doubles avery two years, this means, that after two years of a tthree year degree course, you would have learnt loads of stuff, which is completely out of date. Even worse, is that it is estimated that by 2010, it will double every, 72 hours!!!!Education is having to change, so that people learn to learn, not learn whats current.

ipods are getting thinner and thinner and the screens are getting larger, its the same with tv's and computers. there making them a lot thinner and more compact but still not sacraficing the screen size, these days tv's and ipods have way bigger screen sizes especially with plasma tv's - there huge!