xisto Community
Codemaster Snake

Create You Own Operating System My new Website

Hi all!

I am The Codemaster Snake :XD:

Well I have been recently approved for hosting my site here. Before getting started with my website I thought that I should discudd few aspects of my site with you all. I would appreciate if you can help me out with my website.

My website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is going to be focussed on Operating System Development! I will also use it to showcase my Operating System: 'Magneto'. Don't get surprised it just boots from floppy and displays a Welcom Message only :)

I have been working on my Operating System for four years now. An now I want to share all my knowledge about the Basics of an Operating Syetm with all. I know that there is a vast community out on the net that is into the Operating System's Development. So the taget is huge that I can achieve.

My goals that I have set up:

1] I'll be providing a wiki which will contain everything that a newbie should be knowing. It'll teach the practical implementation of C++ for writing an Operating System.

2] I'll also be hosting forums for the discussion on the same topic.

3] I am also planning to provide a link database to various resources that can help in Operating System Development.

4] I'll also showcase my own Operating Syetm there.

Now what I need from you pleople is to tell whether I am going in right direction or I should re consigder some things before launching my site.

Second I also want to know that how can I get more visitors to my site.

Third, Any kinda suggetion is welcome!

Thanks!

That sounds really cool man, I have a pc that I built in my bedroom and don't use it much. I like the hard drive in it the way it is though and do not want to partition for anything else, I do however have a 10 gig western digital I could slap in it if that would be enough space. The other specs on my system are as follows BioStar Micro AM2 with amd3400+ 1 gig memory and 128mb video card w/pixel shader 2.0 support its nothing special but is still a popular low end setup.I think that is an awesome idea to develop an o/s I might have to give it a look

Sounds cool but why didn't u keep up the good work? Why is ur site nolonger working did u shift it to other then. How come your site is no longer working? Did you move to another hosting service provider? Does anyone know where this guy has gone? CAn anyone point me to his site or anyone with a similar site?

CAn anyone point me to his site or anyone with a similar site?

You could always check out Linux from Scratch and make your own Linux distribution if you can't find the original site. You won't make the OS from scratch (you'll use the Linux kernel and a few pre-made tools) but you will get an idea of how the OS works at a low level.

Hi, i has also been working in an OS some time ago. It is hosted at soureceforge.net and the webpage is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . The web is not very complete(at all), but maybe it can help you.
For the wiki engine you should search in sourceforge, there are very good open source projects. If i were you i would also put a release system with a DB, so it will make easier for you to show your work.

Regards