xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Punisher12

Does Driver Ed. Reduce Your Insurance Cost?

I'm almost 18 and I have yet to take Drivers Ed.The question is, should I go to Drivers Ed?Someone told me that Drivers Ed reduced your insurance cost, as someone said it didn't?Anyone have any information on this?

I'm almost 18 and I have yet to take Drivers Ed.
The question is, should I go to Drivers Ed?
Someone told me that Drivers Ed reduced your insurance cost, as someone said it didn't?
Anyone have any information on this?

That's true. It looks kinda expensive when you first take it, but in the longtime spectrum you will save alot.

I believe it's dependent on the insurance carrier. You would have to check on each carrier to see if you do get a discount.Here in New Hampshire, you can legally be a licensed driver at the age of 16 as long as you attended and passed driver's ed. So that would be an incentive for us. :P

In Montana, where I'm from, I had my unrestricted driver's license at the ripe young age of 14.5 years old because I took drivers ed. Of course your mileage may vary, but I do believe most insurers will consider drivers ed and lower their rates for you if you've taken it up to a certain age. Ask your insurance company for the details. I recommend drivers ed for everyone, though. It makes for safer drivers.