xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Punisher12

Cheap And Effective Way To Gain Muscle? Without spending money on a weight bench and etc.

Well since I won't be having Weight Lifting this year, I was wondering was would be a cheap and effective way to stay in shape and gain muscle without spending too much money on things.Any ideas?

Well since I won't be having Weight Lifting this year, I was wondering was would be a cheap and effective way to stay in shape and gain muscle without spending too much money on things.Any ideas?

How about to take a long-distance running and push-up more than 100 times every day?

I am taking this way to gain muscle, it seems works.

yes, running and push up are free ways to keep your body, additionally swimming is another way, because all of your muscles will grow up

exactualy what i was gunna say

you could also do jumping, chin-up, sit-ups ect

anything physical

Pushups, situps, and running are all part of the military regimen to stay in shape.

That sort of thing will, at best, tone your body, as you're using your own weight as your resistance.

If you want to actually build muscle after having lost weight and being a bit more lean, you'll need to actually lift weights and have more resistance for your body to work against.

You can improve leg muscles by simply changing your running to be in sand or snow, which is a real bear to run through for any extended period of time. Wear weights on your ankles.

Arm muscles will have to be via machine or with dumbbells. Dumbbells are not too expensive... you don't need a full set right off the back. Pick out a pair and work with those for a while... then when those become easy, buy another pair.

I don't know of a cheap way to work out your back so much... you might have to rely on machines for that.

For your chest, you can wear a weighted backpack or something to that effect while you do pushups.

For abs, just use a weight over your chest when you do situps or crunches. It's best to do it against a slope and after the initial getting-up to never go all the way back down, keeping stress on your abdominal muscles the whole time.

I was in the military. You know how that goes: no weights or other stuff involved, at least in Basic. Push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, running, et cetera will all help you maintain whatever muscle mass you've already built up.And they also help you to build muscle mass. I gained more than twenty pounds when I was in the military...and only a small part of that was fat. Most of it was muscle thanks to all the exercise.You can buy a pull-up bar for thirty or forty bucks - one that mounts in your doorway. Or you can use the nearest tree branch, like my brothers did until they got the bar in place. :P

Everyone has already seemed to mention the basics, pushups, situps and running etc. You dont really need a bench to gain muscle, You can just take household items and turn them into weights, Do bicep curls with a couple gallons of milk in each hand, or work out your back by doing deadlifts with a 4x4 with paint cans attached to the end. or squat your brother. Just look at basic free weight exersises (can be found on google) and adapt them to your use with objects you find lying around your house. Oh and dont forget pullups too, those are a great lat builder. All a bench do is regulate with accuracy how much you lift. You can still gain weight without one

if you going to do all that while you are tying to gain some muscle i would say do alot of sleeping even though you wount be driving does muscles insane tire, you still need alot of sleep it takes about 72 hours for a muscle body part to recover so doing pushups every day insted of helping you is going to hold you back on that muscle gain. because then again you are not letting your muscle recover. something i have to deal with because i dont have alot of sleeping time.

I just started working out with my friends dad I'm 16 years old my friends dad isa body builder. And I thought push ups were for your chest mucsles not for your biceps but how meny laps of swimming should I swim a day. To gain alot of mucsle and I got like 5 percent of muscle on me now. And I'm trying to get bigger.-reply by Mason Burroughs

I'm looking to gain muscle mass. I work out hard and rest for 2-3 days. However on resting days I feel like doing pushups. In basketball and football camp I do pushups everday with intense running and I get in shape very quickly. Is doing pushups everyday, besides workout days beneficial to muscle GAIN? Or is doing pushups everyday destructive towards muscle gain. My high school basketball coach says we should do 100 pushups everday.