xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thorn

Make A Transparent Picture

Ok. I'm gonna use a free program called paint.NET. It's a really good program to use. This can be done with other *expensive* programs, but if you wanna make your own and don't have paint shop pro or anything like that then I recommend using this! Link to download paint.NET: click this link

If you play neopets or anything this a cool thing! So you can use it for your userlookup, your shop, gallery etc...

Ok...so enough about that. Let's start! :)

1. FIND a image you want to use. I'll use this:

Posted Image

2. Open up paint.NET

3. Find the LAYERS window and make a new layer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

3. Click on the "add new layer" button an d you should have a new layer. (new layer has a checker type pattern)

Posted Image

4. Double Click on the BACKGROUND layer or click on the "layer properties" button

Posted Image

5. Set the opacity to 100 or anything between 100 and 150. Hit Then hit OK when you're happy with it

Posted Image

6. PASTE your picture in now.

7. If the canvas is too big then go to the top and hit "crop to selection"

Posted Image

10. Then select the second layer (click on it once) and paste your picture there again.

11 Use the selector tool to select what part you wanna make transparent. (deselect all of the image first; located at the right of the "crop to selection" button)

Posted Image

12. Cut the part you selected. (ctrl+x) It should have that checker pattern.

13. IMPORTANT STEP!!!!!!! next you must flatten your image. To do so...Go to "image" and select "flatten" Or press ctrl+shirt+F. Then the second layer becomes the background. Then you can add text and stuff if you want.

Then you're done!

You're finished project:

Posted Image

If you want to put text in the transparent part...(for websites, neopets, etc...)

1. UPLOAD your image.

2. Use neoextreme's blog coder to code your image.

3. You're done! Congrats! :XD:

This sounds like a clever way to make a transparent layer, but I think modifying the Opacity of a *shape* is faster and easier than cutting a whole layer. This can be done by filling in a selection or just drawing with a shape.

I've never heard of this program. Lots of people who I know would love a free program with layers so thanks for the link. Dooga's comment is definetly worth reading... It's faster, all though this way it helps beginners familiarise more with the settings...

When I looked at this tutorial I thought it was a photoshop tutorial. Looks like a nice easy way to make a picture transparent, with paying a fortune for programs like photoshop(even though i did...), good job.