xisto Community
glocon

Is There Life After Death?

I am a catholic man. I always welcome to my house people of different religious beliefs. I listen to them. More often, they emphasize the credibility of their bible interpretations. The existence of their congregation. I don't argue with them. After everything has been read and interpreted, I ask them one simple question. Always this one question. IS THERE LIFE AFTER DEATH? I don't want to argue line by line about the bible. I only want some answers to prove that there is life after death.

Because if this question nemains evaded, I don't think bible reading deserves a minute longer...

post-48716-1187897776_thumb.jpg

Edited by glocon (see edit history)

There is no absolute proof of life after death, there are of course the people who die and then are revived, but what they see (i.e. the light at the end of the tunnel) could be seen as halucinations from lack of oxygen to the brain. I beleive that God will bring his followers to heaven with him at the rapture, but I understand that you are looking for proof rather than theology.

Well if want to think of it at a scientific view, life does continue after your body dies, as it slowly decomposes bacteria forms and eats away at the dead tissue, fat, muscle; then once the the wood deteriorates then the insects and worms come finish you off and then your body becomes one with earth. Of course if you think about it, the memory of your life to the friends and family that knew you will continue long after they pass, however, if you do something beyond greatness for the world then your image and name will be honored in the books. Look at the names of great people that go back almost 6000 years, we got rulers, heroes, and even the people who have done evil things are still remembered.

To answer question about Life after Death, you have to understand "What is life?". How does one define life ?If 10 people give 10 different answers, you will have 10 different answers to "Life after Death". :-) I hope, you get my point.

When I was a kid. My Tution Teacher was used to tell me a story about what happens after death?I would like to share it with you all. It goes something like this:According to this theory, There is an invisible camera behind your head. It records each and every thing that you do all the time. It even records your most private times :XD:. Then when you die, You are received by the God whom you believe the most, in front of the doors of Heaven and the Hell. Then your all closed ones are called there. You are made to stand in front of them. Then that camera which recorded all your life is set to play all the recording. And then your loved ones are to decide whether to send you to Hell or Heaven.Then most scary :) part of this theory is that, the camera records all of your private moments also!

When I was a kid. My Tution Teacher was used to tell me a story about what happens after death?
I would like to share it with you all. It goes something like this:

According to this theory, There is an invisible camera behind your head. It records each and every thing that you do all the time. It even records your most private times :XD: . Then when you die, You are received by the God whom you believe the most, in front of the doors of Heaven and the Hell. Then your all closed ones are called there. You are made to stand in front of them. Then that camera which recorded all your life is set to play all the recording. And then your loved ones are to decide whether to send you to Hell or Heaven.

Then most scary :) part of this theory is that, the camera records all of your private moments also!

That sounds alot like your tuition teacher was trying to scare you into doing good only, even in private. :D

The answer to this question is simply, No. We are all coincidences of evolution. Believing in a religion or life after death is so much more convenient to people than you have absolutely no meaning in life. There is only one life, so we have to make the most of it while we can. People want to think that the people who they love are still living somewhere after they die. Its just easier to think like that.

The answer to this question is simply, No. We are all coincidences of evolution. Believing in a religion or life after death is so much more convenient to people than you have absolutely no meaning in life. There is only one life, so we have to make the most of it while we can. People want to think that the people who they love are still living somewhere after they die. Its just easier to think like that.

The thing is though, after you die, what happens? You aren't going to be there sitting in your grave because then you'd be living if you can see that. It's kind of hard to imagine no life whatsoever. It would be nothing at all, no thought, no movement, no breathing, nothing and you won't b able to feel let alone know you are dead. So all of a sudden your thoughts disappear? Kind of odd to think that that's what happens because you become nothing.

I also am a Catholic and believe in life after death, maybe not physically, but spiritually. It also is a hard concept to really imagine.

The way I see it, the only way to find out is after you pass away, and then you'll know for sure and that's all that matters. You don't have to worry about death if you are too busy worrying about life as it may be your only chance.

For one thing, it depends on what you call "life" What is the meaning of "life" to you?I am a baptist and go to a church not too far from my house and Ive always leaned that there is a Heaven and a Hell, but life after cannot be proven through science or anything like that, its hard to grasp the thought of being a soul and "living" somewhere else. Only can tell, but the Bible does have some answers to this concept but I wont quote any for you have asked not to argue about the Bible. What I am saying is, only can give you answers to your question. Ive heard that in Hell, your senses are hightened and is eternal , but you arent living because you will never die. In Heaven, it is a place of eternal pleasure and the praising of the Lord. You will even rule over the angels as God does, and you will never die there either, and you wont have to think about consequences or anything like that. Those are a few things I found while scanning through the Bible, and in answer to your question, I believe that there is "life" after , just a spiritual one.

@ Carson, I am asuming you have already died and know the answer to this question? :XD: And if we are all coincidences of evelution, in this universe, SOMETHING had to be first. So explain to me, where the heat came from. Explain to me how 32 basic elements created by the stars eventually created 119 elements and how the basic elements bonded together to form intelegent life. Tell me all of it. I really want to know. I know the big bang theory, but i want an explenation.I believe in a spiritual existance after death. I don't see how it is possible how we could be something so... so... so complex with out there being a drive behind it... It just doesn't make sence. And to everybody who says religon is a waste of time:You have absolutly nothing to lose. There is either an afterlife or there isn't.But yeah. I believe in heavan and hell. I am baptist so I don't know about pergatory... oh well :)

Nobody knows. Anyone who says they know is lying.

Not necessarily. Similar to S_M's response, if you take the question very literal, then yes, there is, for, unless the Last Day comes about, life will still be even after you die. :XD: But the real question is: Is there life after all existence in this universe dies? Both Science and the Bible mention that this will all pass away one day, however long away it may be. If the Bible was accurate here, then there's a good chance that it is accurate about the hereafter. But the universe passing away bears another question: What will happen then? Will there be total darkness or will it be like it is mentioned in the Bible?

@ Carson, I am asuming you have already died and know the answer to this question? :XD: And if we are all coincidences of evelution, in this universe, SOMETHING had to be first. So explain to me, where the heat came from. Explain to me how 32 basic elements created by the stars eventually created 119 elements and how the basic elements bonded together to form intelegent life. Tell me all of it. I really want to know. I know the big bang theory, but i want an explenation.

Well it is not really smart to think that if humans can't find the explanation for something it must be the work of God or SOMETHING(and this is what you are trying to say isn't it). No one knows what really happened and the big bang theory is just theory so it doesn't have to be true. There are many other theories(and mathematical models of universe) about beginning and in some of them there is no beginning but most of them are very hard to understand unlike the big bang theory and this is why everyone thinks there was a big bang:because for average human being that is very easy to understand to(while he can't accept that universe didn't have beginning which is basis of some other theories). There is simple way to imagine that universe didn't have beginning:we all say universe doesn't have limits, so if it doesn't have limits in space why would it have to have limits in time.

Now to the original topic. The idea of after life started when humans where very primitive compared to today. then they believed then that Earth has edges and that you fall of if you stepped from the edge further no matter what shape they imagined(circle, square,...) and we all know that isn't true. we all know how life works that it is just physics and chemistry and yet people can't forget this old belief about afterlife probably because they can't accept how insignificant in fact they are. So to answer the question in the title of this topic: THERE ISN'T LIFE AFTER DEATH.

Now to the original topic. The idea of after life started when humans where very primitive compared to today. then they believed then that Earth has edges and that you fall of if you stepped from the edge further no matter what shape they imagined(circle, square,...) and we all know that isn't true. we all know how life works that it is just physics and chemistry and yet people can't forget this old belief about afterlife probably because they can't accept how insignificant in fact they are. So to answer the question in the title of this topic: THERE ISN'T LIFE AFTER DEATH.

*Off topic*

So you along with Carson, have passed away and have the answer to this question? Wow. I sure feel mortal right now :XD: Anyways, that isn't the answer to a question. I to, along with the big bang and the bible are theores. However you failed to explain to me how we just came out of nowhere, big bang or not, with out divine intervention. That's right. YOU CAN'T. However, being rimitive 300 years ago has nothing to do with what will happen as you pass away.

*Sorta On topic*

I believe in an existince after death. I am a christian, and I don't giv a flying fig with what you think about it. Just because I believe in a God and in an existance after death does not make me primitave or ignorant in anyway. Sure I could be wrong. Whatever.

*On topic*

There can not be life without a drive behind it IN MY OPINION! However if we are no more than mortal beings we have nothing to lose in religon. There is nothing wrong with believing in a God or other supernatural being. So yes, I BELIEVE in life afer death.

Call me a Jesus Freak. I don't care.

I am a catholic man. I always welcome to my house people of different religious beliefs. I listen to them. More often, they emphasize the credibility of their bible interpretations. The existence of their congregation. I don't argue with them. After everything has been read and interpreted, I ask them one simple question. Always this one question. IS THERE LIFE AFTER DEATH? I don't want to argue line by line about the bible. I only want some answers to prove that there is life after death.

Because if this question nemains evaded, I don't think bible reading deserves a minute longer...

It has been already proved in Mathematics that "Everything that is true cannot be proved".This also can be extrapolated to philosophy. So.truth seeker is bound to be trapped in a never ending loop.Yes,there are evidences. But again,Physicians ve disapproved some of them,but inconclusive in a lot of cases.

Indian philosophy provides a lot of insight into this.Google n wikipedia the word "rebirth" "Nirvana" for more information

NOT A SCIENTIST....NOT A PREACHER

JUST A TRUTH-SEEKER..