xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
techclave

Ccleaner

i use ccleaner. i have been using it for more than a year now. it is very fast.but recently i heard that since it erases all the temporary files, it actually slows down the PC rather than increasing its speed. is it so? any opinion or research on it?

I've never heard of such a rumor nor fact.But since I'm no computer expert, I'd make a wild guess and say NO that's not true : - pStill If you feel it's making the PC slower, try f.ex Easy Registry (which is @ time posted FREE on giveawayoftheday.com) ! Hurry!

Would anyone be using Vista Home Premium and CCleaner? We received new HP notebook with Vista Home Premium and have installed CCleaner.We ran scan of Issues the past few nights before closing down our notebook, and notice a few times in the "Issues" there was the following:Problem: Unused File ExtenstionData: Open With ListRegistry Key: HKCU\Softwre\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\FileExt\Open With List\We keep deleting it (in CCleaner/ Issues), but then a day or two later, we see it again when we run CCleaner and look in Issues.(We opened the CCleaner by right clicking on the CCleaner.)Some other folks have told me they see they same thing and after deleting it, they notice it back again (in the "Issues) a day or two later.Anyone else see same thing? Thank you.

Well it might slow down your web browsing since you are deleting temporary internet files which are used to speed up web page loading. You get these files every time you visit a web page.

I highly advise anyone against using any type of registry "cleaner." It does a whole lot more harm than good to any computer, and this comes from experience. Leave your registry alone if there's nothing wrong, and if there is, then fix it by hand or leave it alone. If 8 years of use on a single computer didn't mess up its registry, I don't know why anyone's should.

Edited by dre (see edit history)

use registry cleaners/defraggers for awhile now and haven't really seen any major problems, of course the one problem I do see is that when I try a new registry clean it seems the other finds more errors then the other. Best example is when I downloaded and ran registry easy from the giveaway site it found nearly 2000 errors in my registry, lets just say I looked like this :XD: when I saw the results with that scan.

Well I personally haven't used it but I read somewhere that sometimes it over exaggerates problems or warnings to make you think your computer is in deep trouble. Or maybe that was just the pop ups from websites saying that you should download CCleaner. I don't know, but I haven't really had the need for it anyway. You could try another program and see if that makes a difference.

I don't use ccleaner on my registry, just my internet files, since my hard drive is pretty small (80gb, thinking of upgrading sometime soon) and i'm running vista ultimate 64bit whenever I go surfing (on the net) my browser downloads alot of crap and so I use ccleaner. It can delete up to 3gbs sometimes and I think its really useful, I recommend it but don't use it on the registry, the registry is like the computer's heart DON'T TAMPER WITH IT!i don't think it slows your computer, but it does take awhile to 'bring' back all the saved urls

i use ccleaner. i have been using it for more than a year now.
it is very fast.

but recently i heard that since it erases all the temporary files, it actually slows down the PC rather than increasing its speed.

is it so? any opinion or research on it?

I appologize if this hasnt already been answered, i didnt eally read all the posts :XD:
anyways.
it clears the temporary files.
what these are, is saved data from every website youve ever visited.
it saves just a little bit, including passwords, so that next time you visit, it loads that much faster
after you deleate them, the first time you visit the next webpage, it may run a little bit slower, but the time after that, it will run just as it did before.
The thing thats good about this, is thoes particular webpages you visited once 4 years ago and will never visit again.. well your computer dosent know that. your computer is still wasting space trying to know a little bit about that webpage.
so your gettin rid of that data, and never gonna get it back.
trust me. everything ccleaner does.. is in fact. good :)
hope it makes sence