xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerman_1973

Problems With My Comic Book Project A look at the authors daily activities

Problems with my project by Ronaldo MartinezIt is hard for me to concentrate on my comic book project ?Anything Goes? especially with little money, working on two part-time jobs, and having a nagging mother who wants me to do chores and other stuff.Sometimes it?s hard to keep track of my project while I have jobs at the local sports arenas doing foodservice work. I also have to keep an eye on my DeviantART.com page and separate web page in the computer in the mornings without having obligated about my personal hygiene. I usually eat sushi and drink Red Bull or any other brand of energy drink as my ?magical elixir? to help me focus on the project before I draw my characters and conjure up my biographies for those characters.I usually draw one character a day. It takes me four to five hours, excluding breaks, to sketch, ink and color my characters, give them quick biographies and upload them into my art community websites. My mom thinks my characters resemble characters from various TV shows and movies, not having some originality. But I only trust the costumer to judge for his or herself.When I go to work, I was thinking of new characters and story ideas when I prepared myself for my shift. Sometimes, my thinking of story ideas sometimes distracts me from my usual foodservice chores. Sometimes I have to be reminded by my supervisor and fellow workers of my tasks, but I later handled them well. I was busy concentrating on future ideas for my projectI also have a problem with my financial assets: Currently I have $60-70 in my checking account and I have to spend most of my debit card payments on transportation from my work to the bus stop, paying online artists for commissions of my characters, comic books, food, spare printer ink and paper. I am always excited to get my paycheck from work only to spend it on the above expenses, knowing that my mom will get mad and suggested me to save some money, but, save it, for what?I hope I can get another part-time job, one that does not demand standing and waling all day, so that I can have more money on hiring writers and artists and buying more online tools for my project. Hopefully if I am lucky, I could consult my job coach to get me a new job.I have a dream to follow, to become the next Stan Lee in terms of creating my own universe. But I cannot do this as a one-man show, and I have very little resources. Hopefully things will change soon, and I hope that my project will become a reality.