xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thorn

Neopets.com *old* Players! Do you still like it or not?

I play neopets! My username is shigger711. I don't like neopets much anymore... they're taken all the good stuff down!I hate the new neopets. It was so simple when we had the old neopets back. for example, the layout. It's horrible. The old layout was just a sidebar, and I miss that. Now the layout is a flashy CSS thing! And every 2 days or so they release a stupid avatar. You know, like a neopet blinking it's eyes or something. So they're really just stupid and useless, unless you're trying to be the top avatar collector or something. And the 2 WORSE THINGS are:1. Neopets doesn't care about the site or players anymore! All they care about is money2. Neopets wastes their money on stuff too. For example they have *stupid* ads on TV with a neopet blinking it's eyes. (A lot come on when the TV show drake & josh is on :XD:) TV ADS cost money to put on! So they are wasting lots of money for some stupid ads. They don't even stick in your head that well. So old neopet players, do you like the new neopets? Or the old neopets?

Edited by Thorn (see edit history)

I used to play years and years ago when I was smaller. But I really only used it to see how much money or neopoints I could make. I made a storefront and tried to make it as big as I could, plus I invested in the stock market. I really just used it as a business simulator and what not. I never really liked any of the neopets, and I only played a game or two that you could earn the most points.

Yeah i use to play about 5 years ago and i checked like a year ago on my account and i couldn't remember the password. So i tried to do that password recovery thing and they asked for my birth date which i lied about at the time so you could get onto those cool boards at least i thought were cool at the time. My user name is dundun2007 try to hack into it or something because i cant get in i would just like to get it so i can see what its all about now.

Wow it's been at least three years since I played it. I always thought the game was weird, so all I did was play the minigames that earn you neopoints. Mindbreaker (I think that's what it was called) was really cool and actually made me think. All sites seem to be going for money now. :XD:

my cat *sobs* died because I *sob* forgot my username and *sob* my cat was over 4 years old *sob, sob* so young why me *kneels* why!I used to play neopets, but since I forgot my username and lost my beloved cat I stopped playing PS a huge coincidence was that my real pet died my neopet died (both with the same name)

I always new that game was no good hehe. I never played it and never new what it was about. csp4.0 can't you just make another account then? or is there a ip block once you have registered? I agree with the waste of money. My cousin's friend plays it an he said he actually waste money on it. I would personally would be better off spending it on a new CD or something but not for a game especially when you forget your username :XD: :) Maybe if it was your own game then yeah spend money to make it better but never on other games. unless your really close friends with the owner and they can help you with your account if they get lost. I'll just try this out later and see what its all about. Hope its not the same as the movie, "The Last mimzy." because I really hates that movie and it did say that it was sponsered by neopets. Yeah I hate those money making games now. I would only still play those games or help if they need it to keep the game alive... But neopets makes alot of money and dont even need the money for maybe couple of years! But I heard a saying that the more you have cash the ore you want. I dunno where I heard it from but yeah kinda unknown saying. :D

It has been three years since I, too, had las played Neopets.I was there mostly for the stock market. There was a time when it was okay, until I realized that, more than anything, it is just a big gambling game.I never cared much for Battledome, auctions, quests (faerie and non-faerie) and the games. I do remember eagerly awaiting new plots, though. Yeah, the comic's kinda sucky and the plot (sic) doubly so but, as a creative writer (or an ordinary person claiming to be one) I occasionally come across a few gold nuggets of plot-worthy events while sifting through that bucket of humus :)Really, it is a total waste of time, if you ask me but, then again, that might be unfair for me to say considering that I usually view a lot of online games as waste of time :XD:Oh yeah, as a friend/buddy network, it didn't work for me. I made more friends over Yahoo! Messenger than Neopets, if that's any way to describe how terrible it is.

I used to play ages ago, but I didn't really get into playing. I found for a new player, the webpage interface was really hard to navigate around. They also had all that COPPA crud on it, that you had to get your parents permission to talk to other people or something :).I suppose it's a good game, it's just a bit hard to start playing, well for me it was :XD:

Neopets I played this game also long ago... but back then I really was just into it for battling so my pet was badly abused and not feed on most occasions, so I got bored and simply forgot about the game. Now I only wonder if my account is still active and if my pet is still hungry xD I always wondered how they didn't die back then xD.

I used to love neopets but I stopped playing when everything changed. it's true, neopet has become like all the other lame virtual pet sites that only care about money, not about the actual players. neopets is just for n00bs now! the old players don't like it anymore.if some people like the new version, fine, they should be able to have it, but for those who want the old version back, we should have the choice...-samantha

Yeah, I played when I was little, and it was way easier to navigate around the site, and they changed the pets' poses! The pets look HORRID now, for example, the skeith, he looks just... Ugh! ... Also, the neocash has gone TOO far! They make you pay for almost EVERYTHING supposedly 'good'... I think we should have a choice for the layout and all, I'm sure all of us 'old' players would love to have the OLD neopets back!! I mean, its getting kind of boring, and I think they should warn us about the birthdate thing, because -By the way, I have many accounts on neopets, so...- I didn't want to put my real one, and now I don't remember what I had! But I have a new account, my main one, I guess. OH!! And also, I remember I had a mutant petpet paintbrush, and it must have got stolen or something, and I miss it still! :( I want it back, first I thought my sister had somehow taken it, but she hadn't... :( I could have a Faerie Peophin right now if not for whoever -or whatever- took my PB from me! :( I still play neopets, although I never seem to be able to feed my pets, well I can, but I just don't have the money, I'm saving for a faerie PB, so... Anyway, back to the point: WE WANT THE OLD NEOPETS BACK! :(-reply by halloweenisfrankiero (My name on Neopets)

I have been playing for two years. I wish I played a long time ago. It was way better back in the day! They ruined it with customization and the nc mall. I liked the older styles of neopets. My username is alaarm. My kiko looks ugly now. It would have looked so cute a year ago. It makes me angry to see how they have ruined the site recently, I mean really. We should have the choice whether or not we want to have the old or new theme when browsing, and we should be able to "unconvert" our pets. That would be the right thing to do, in my opinion. I also think its kind of dumb how you can see your neopet sad. It's just torture to some people. But some people like it. I can't always afford to get food, but I hate having my neopets look sad.

Edited by ~Nick[; (see edit history)

Sigh...I know exactly what you mean. I joined Neopets when I was eight and I loved it sooo much. But now they made all the Neopets look ugly and the new Neohomes are all about Neocash. They totally ruined the site with the stupid frikking NC Mall. I honestly cannot think of any virtual games based on websites that don't have some type of Premium service or some way to buy what you want with real money. I call it bull crap. Club Penguin, Neopets, Monstersgame, StarDoll, and several other websites, even forums, are all a disgrace to the internet. In thirty years or so, every single site that you sign up for will have to be paid for. Why can't the internet revert back to not being obsessed with money? Why does the whole world revolve around money? I'm sorry I got so carried away, but jeez. It's getting really ridiculous. And I, being broke 100% of the time, never get to pay for this kind of stuff.-reply by Ally

Yeah, I joined when I was 8 too! It was so good back then! Now I just hate it so much! I want to get back on my old best account, but I lied about my age to get into the boards (most people did). I had alot of money on that account and now, I'm stuck with this rubbish one!! I miss the old neopets and I wish it was back. They ruined it with the neomall and neocash thing. Some may think they're are making the site better... Maybe for newbies but I bet they are losing alot of old members. They certainly lost me!!-reply by oldneopetaddict

lost my account..

Neopets.com *old* Players!

I cant agree with the you more. I think the new system of birthday is really horrible T.T I lost an account with the secret lab map, 20+ paint brushes(petpet and pet) and a lot of rare stf. Didnt wanna create a new account cause its too troublesome and the site just seems too complicated. Many gd games are gone and now I really cant get the whole conversion rate of the game pts and the np. Confusing.

-reply by aichan