xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Sotw #62 Entries-filter Only Challenge

I thought for this one I make it very challenging SOTW, and that challenge is that the sig has to be design by nothing but filters. Which means no brushing or smudging, so for you gimp users you will have a more enjoyable time trying to pull this off then the adobe photoshop users. As usually the following rules apply and entries are due by Sept 1.Sig size: 100x100 - 400x400Brushing Style: NoneRender: free styleText: NameSpecial Effects: Can only use filters

Render: free style What does this mean?

Must I draw my own render or does this mean I am free to choose any render subject matter I want?

Personally I use Paint Shop Pro and don't own Photoshop. The only "filters" I know about are in my XnView program, one of which I used on my #61 entry, that is a Photoshop Plug-in; Harry's Filters 3.1. I have no idea if this type of filter is what the contest requirements refer to. Perhaps St. Michael could let me know and I will give it a try.

However, if there are no other comers, it won't be a contest!!!!! And the deadline is here, unless he sees fit to extend it.

I extend this SOTW for another week.As for your questions Mich:-any "appropriate" render can be used-Yeah blur would be considered a fliter, and I check out the plug-in for Harry's filters and those are acceptable.

Thanks for the explanation St. Michael. I found filter effects in my Paint Shop Pro once I understood what you meant by "filter" and went through all the Photoshop plug-in filters by Harry. They are just not listed as filters in PSP. Here is my entry. I did this one using the Glowing Edges.

Posted Image

i guess i'll put one up, with this sig i made the background with clouds affect and the

render with blur & accented edges.. btw is this render considered appropriate?..

Posted Image

Bump! Come on people, we need more entries. Isn't anybody else willing to take on this challenge? :P

Glad you decided to participate Cash.