xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Punisher12

C&c3 And Sc2

At least for SC2, yes. Everything looks to be the same except there will be more units, better graphics, and a whole new campaign. Probably have a better online system as well along with another map editor. But from the screenshots, it looks to be the same game.

Hi.. I have played SC1 and CaC3 not.. then I'm going just write my opinion about SC1 and SC2..All those lighting effects, 3d animations, the camera fov etc only makes averything to be nicer but less playable.About the units, I remember in the original sc at the begining blizz guys wanted us to believe that goons were the perfect counter for zerglings. I am sure that the sc1 success (perfect balance) was a mix of good luck and comunity help. I am not sure that those designers know what they are doing exactly.About the Thor unit, oh my god, is like a walking building, is the last thing I spected from those clever blizz lead designers. What about walking trees? or rocks? wait a moment, what about casting units from the environment? like water units and fire units...The onlly I dissagree is about reapers, a unit that can jump to your base at early game is an advanced unit, imagine the strategy of Lost Temple map at early game ruined by that unit... and it should not be range attacker....What blizz is trying to do now is to make a different game but as competitive as the original one. Message to blizz designers: stop copying the *BLEEP* war3, SC is not .about whatching awesome lighting effects

Similarity between C&C3 and SC2? You can't really judge if C&C3 and SC2 are going to be similar in gameplay. Graphics-wise they both currently appear to be the flashy looking type of game. It is kind of difficult to distinguish between the units in SC2 (at least a lot more so in SC2 than in the original). Also, I tend to notice in C&C3 you can just mass an uber unit and go pwn the other team very quickly while in Starcraft you'd be even using the basic Tier 1 units late in the game when upgraded (sometimes even more resourceful and powerful than the upper tiers).

Both games are of the real-time strategy genre. It is also kind of hard to compare two separate worlds... Starcraft have their Terrans, Zerg, and Protoss in more of a science fiction setting, whereas Command and Conquer was strictly humans with the occasional drop-in of extraterrestial life... in the case of 3, the Scrin.Gameplay may or may not be the same... it depends on what Starcraft has to bring to the table. In all reality, most RTS games have been pretty much the same (save for World in Conflict, which introduced a free camera system, and maybe Endwar with its ability to include warfare from the 3rd person perspective), but the concepts were all the same: build a base, gather resources, attack with units, and utilize superweapons. Of course, each game is differently played because of the units and abilities available, but for the most part, it's all the same.

Lol. Yeah. I'll probably be upgrading/buying a new rig because this one's getting extremely old for its age anyway (although one can argue against that. It's a pentium 4 and its still usable, but it's staggering under the strain of running the newer Adobe products already). Technology sure is getting out of control, you have to keep up or you'll be left far far behind...On Starcraft 2: Damn, they're releasing the game as three seperate expansions... let's just hope that the quality would make up for the wait... [and the, I'd assume, massive cost].

I have played both and love them each. They are each really different in small things. Sure they are both RTS and have loads of controlable units but they are still different vastly in some aspects.SC2better graphics than C&C3less units on screen at a timeless base building (still extensive but not compared to C&C)Better story if you haven't played the previous gamesmore campain choices that affect gameplaymore online play1 CampainC&C3Good graphicstons of units on screen at same timevery extensive base buildingawesome story if you like the loregood online play (less than SC2)Several CampainsSo if you where to have both games side to side with graphics all the way up SC2 has more detail. They are diffent for different types of play. I love C&C because i grew up with it and know how to play it better. SC2 takes different stratagies and thought process.