xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Blue

Hello from some random kid.

To be perfectly frank, my planned use of your free hosting is a huge eventuality. When I hit the professional world in a few years I plan on putting up an online portfolio. I'm an aspiring set designer for the theater. (And due to the nature of the work, there will be large gaps of time where I will spend every second of my free time sleeping. And still not getting nearly enough. :XD: ) One of the things that drew me to Xisto was that the domain wasn't something silly like "fr33websitez.com" I have no clue if that actually exists. If someone's got a subdomain on something like that, I'd have a hard time taking it seriously. From what I've read, you also have a wonderful service.This seemed like a nice enough forum on which you can find a place to talk about a whole bunch of different things. Aside from theater, I'm interested in science, and philosophy, and will probably end putting my two cents into the martial arts discussions quite often. (It's happened once already.) And I read a lot of books. (But for the love of whatever diety you believe in, I do not want to participate in any Harry Potter discussions. Deathly Hallows was wonderful. That's all I'm saying.)Hopefully I'll meet some interesting people here. Yay forums.

I am glad to have you on board.

It is my earnest wish that you utilize Xisto free web hosting, no ads in a way that helps your career. That would be sweet~! I would recommend getting your own domain name so that whatever you build from now on you can take it with you. It's never to late to consider yourself a true professional. Domain names are no more than two cups of coffee these days (unless you are a Starbucks fan which one latte grande will cover 1 year cost of a domain name ha ha ha).

If posting in our forum takes you away from what you love the most, you can always graduate to our cheap paid hosting service by Xisto - Web Hosting plans.

Hello Midnight Blue Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich, in Michigan, USA. You sound like an interesting addition to our forum. Yes, there are many interesting subjects to discuss on here. Trap 17 Forums seem to attract people of diverse interests. You made a nice introduction so I won't bother you with warnings about one-liner/spam. It is not the number of posts you make, but the quality that earns you credits and your post is done very nicely. Just follow the forum rules and regulations and you will have your credits for hosting in no time. You can use the links just above my sig to learn all about Trap 17. See you around the boards. :XD:

After asking a friend how much a cup of coffee costs (I can?t stand the stuff) I think that I just might do that. Or I could wait for my uncle to retire to use thefamilysurname.com. But I think you mean ?It?s never to early to consider yourself a true professional.? Or else I totally have to rework what you meant by that entire statement.

I read most of those links already, Mich, and I don?t think posting will be a problem. Online text RPGs usually jump down your throat if you don?t write well. I?m pretty sure I read that points come from character count divided by 300 or something, and then they?re screened for quality. But the people who read enough to know that are the people who won?t take advantage of it by being extra wordy.

Thanks for the welcome. I?ll be around somewhere.

Good to see another user join up already posting knowledge and ideas. Mixing Science and Philosophy will definitely make for some factual, yet opinionated posts. As for the extra wordy people - they don't last long and you'll notice that very quickly. You need to be looking for more than just a host when you come to Xisto. Hopefully, you'll be welcoming some new user yourself this time next year. Enjoy your stay at T17.

Im pretty sure I read that points come from character count divided by 300 or something

A bit late in the welcome to the Xisto website, and since your well informed about how Xisto works I have no need to spend hours typing about the rules and stuff. So enjoy your hosting and posting and see you around the forums midnight blue.