xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

7gears.com New School Review Of Madden 2008

Well I thought I start off my football season (NFL, College) season with EA Sports biggest franchise game in the gaming world, and that be Madden 08. I though I give a little background on my football history which started all the way back to Tecmo Bowl for the Nintendom in which I played almost every football game console wise; genesis, Super Nintendo, Dreamcast, PS 1, 2 and now 3. Over the years I seen the graphics, game play and AI improved hugely over the years of course it all stopped once the Madden franchise hit the playstation, and ever year since Madden 01, where I got my start at, they brought in new ideas each year improving either offense or defense, but I would say the biggest improve was in 2005 when the hit stick was introduce and watch as he nail the crap out of the player who had that ball at the time. I know I took some nasty hits and gave them right back as well, but if those kind of hits I create or saw where done in real life, two words "career ending".

Nonetheless lets get down to the dirty to this, first off FINALLY!! they got rid of those madden cards, I don't even know what they had them in the first place because only a noob would use them in a game, I think I used the cards maybe 2-3 times since 2001 because I just thought they were worthless. Instead they replace it with the Ring of champion, in which you get certain amount of points depending on what you do and once you get that ring level, you get to see a nicy shiny ring on the display in the main menu. For me though thats were the good things end, first off they got rid of Tony Bruno Show, replaced Madden and his partner with a radio broadcaster, they got rid of customizing your franchise which including raising prices for tickets and food, and advertising games, no stadium building etc etc. The only thing new they added to was the scout set up in which you can scout players you think will be good for your team OOOOOH!!!. Of course then theres that attribute thing, my god EA get a clue bad enough in order to boost those stats you have to train the players before the game, which I think is a complete waste of time because of the fact by the time I finish a season I nearly triple most of my players stats and make them powerhouses.

EA sports had 2 years to improve Madden 08 but instead they butch it down to Gameday 2001 level (worse NFL series of games ever), and with the graphics and sound there is not much you can do improve on them except maybe remove a pixel here or there. Same thing with the online mode which I think that is the reason they butch this game so they could improve online gaming, everyone knows I am not found of online gaming because of the junk goes on, but of course the few times I did play madden online it would be like 100-0 in first half, and yeah I know there are people out there better then I, which I accepted long ago, but if you going to improve online mode don't ruin it for those who don't play it.

If I were to rank the franchise in terms of which year was the best I would start with 2005, 2006, 2004, and 2007 as the top versions as these four season of football is where they made the most improvements in terms of making the game more realistic and enjoyable. Now don't get me wrong the Madden franchise is awesome but they made some bad idea's on what they thought we hte players would want in this game, although I will be play at least a season or two by the time the fall line up of games comes out, but hopefully they will wise up and bring back the Madden I enjoy.

Whats funny though is I saw an article I was a bit surprise by the fact that the Xbox got he better version, and so far the lag they claim in the PS3 I have yet to see any so thats up for opinion on that one. Either way love or hate football the Madden Franchise will continue on long after John Madden finally scores that big touchdown on the sport hes enjoyed for over 50 years (maybe longer).

--Now for some copyright info--

Images and of course games are copyrighted to it's perspective owners blah blah blah..Roms are illegal and so don't get caught blah blah blah or else blah blah blah. Reviews and opinions are my own so don't argue with me unless you can prove other wise why this game sucks and 100% of the time you are wrong because one your either new school gamer and don't know a good game when you see it or two, well their is no two so HA!!. All slogans, trademarks and names excluded the games I review are copyrighted to me blah blah and blah. 2007 SM New School Legend.

Personally I never liked Madden to begin with.We were kind of force to play it.I was a dedicated fan to ESPN Football, I had high hopes for it.Online FranchisesGood MatchesGood SportsmanshipI mean it had its up and downs like some hits and how you passed lob passes, but it seemed good at the time.Now all they have is All-Pro Football which I have yet to play.But nice review.