xisto Community
Archangel_Baw

Hygeian Healing: Secrets Of Healers From Ancient Greece

HYGEIAN HEALING: In ancient Greece, true healers, those who sought to cure the whole person, body, mind, and soul, were followers of Hygeia, the goddess of health and healing. Nature and a healthy mind are powerful healers because the entire healing process exists within the body. When you use external treatments to attain wellness, you are activating natural, inner resources that normally serve to make you well without any outside help at all. The body can magically heal itself, provided you know what to do to keep it running at maximum efficiency. Hygeian healing uses preventive measures to enhance internal resistance to disease. You can promote healing by getting appropriate exercise and rest, holding good thoughts and mental images, fostering positive spiritual beliefs and practices, and eating less fat and protein and more grains, fresh fruits, and veggies. Hygeian tonics are especially effective for enhancing and toning the natural healing system and neutralizing harmful influences in the body. GARLIC lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, is a powerful antiseptic tic, antibiotic, and anticancer agent, and protects liver and brain cells. Add fresh garlic in any form to your food daily. GINGER known in ancient China and India, tones, uplifts, and warms the system, stimulates digestion and circulation, calms upset stomach, and relieves nausea, aches, and pains. Ginger can be eaten in candied slices, honey-based syrups, encapsulated, or drunk as a tea. GREEN TEA the national beverage of Japan, protects the body against heart disease and cancer. It offers a benign form of caffeine along with great benefits as a general tonic. Try green tea instead of the usual coffee, black tea, or cola for a healthy pick-me-up. MILK THISTLE an old European folk remedy, detoxifies and enhances liver function. Alcohol, pharmaceutical and/or recreational drug users or those who have suffered exposure to toxic substances should take this herb regularly. ASTRACALUS is a popular Chinese herb used to treat colds, flu, and chronic infections such as bronchitis, sinusitis, and AIDS. It restores immunity, and increases vitality and resistance to disease. Take encapsulated astragalus if you lack energy or feel stressed. GINSENG usually recommended for men, is stimulating, sexually energizing, can improve the appetite, aid digestion, tone the skin and muscles, and balance hormones in women. It is a great rejuvenator for the tired, the elderly, and the chronically ill. Ginseng comes in candies, teas, wines, and elixirs. DONG QUAI is a Chinese herb, used predominantly by women to build blood, increase circulation, and regulate menstrual and reproductive disorders. Try dong quai in tincture or capsule form to restore balance. MAITAKE MUSHROOMS are highly esteemed for their healing properties. Add maitake tablets or capsules to your diet to protect your body against cancer, AIDS, chronic fatigue, hepatitis, allergies, environmental illness.

-Author Unknown

HYGEIAN HEALING:In ancient Greece, true healers, those who sought to cure the whole person, body, mind, and soul, were followers of Hygeia, the goddess of health and healing. Nature and a healthy mind are powerful healers because the entire healing process exists within the body. When you use external treatments to attain wellness, you are activating natural, inner resources that normally serve to make you well without any outside help at all. The body can magically heal itself, provided you know what to do to keep it running at maximum efficiency. Hygeian healing uses preventive measures to enhance internal resistance to disease. You can promote healing by getting appropriate exercise and rest, holding good thoughts and mental images, fostering positive spiritual beliefs and practices, and eating less fat and protein and more grains, fresh fruits, and veggies. Hygeian tonics are especially effective for enhancing and toning the natural healing system and neutralizing harmful influences in the body.

GARLIC lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, is a powerful antiseptic tic, antibiotic, and anticancer agent, and protects liver and brain cells. Add fresh garlic in any form to your food daily.

GINGER known in ancient China and India, tones, uplifts, and warms the system, stimulates digestion and circulation, calms upset stomach, and relieves nausea, aches, and pains. Ginger can be eaten in candied slices, honey-based syrups, encapsulated, or drunk as a tea.

GREEN TEA the national beverage of Japan, protects the body against heart disease and cancer. It offers a benign form of caffeine along with great benefits as a general tonic. Try green tea instead of the usual coffee, black tea, or cola for a healthy pick-me-up.

MILK THISTLE an old European folk remedy, detoxifies and enhances liver function. Alcohol, pharmaceutical and/or recreational drug users or those who have suffered exposure to toxic substances should take this herb regularly.

ASTRACALUS is a popular Chinese herb used to treat colds, flu, and chronic infections such as bronchitis, sinusitis, and AIDS. It restores immunity, and increases vitality and resistance to disease. Take encapsulated astragalus if you lack energy or feel stressed.

GINSENG usually recommended for men, is stimulating, sexually energizing, can improve the appetite, aid digestion, tone the skin and muscles, and balance hormones in women. It is a great rejuvenator for the tired, the elderly, and the chronically ill. Ginseng comes in candies, teas, wines, and elixirs.

DONG QUAI is a Chinese herb, used predominantly by women to build blood, increase circulation, and regulate menstrual and reproductive disorders. Try dong quai in tincture or capsule form to restore balance.

MAITAKE MUSHROOMS are highly esteemed for their healing properties. Add maitake tablets or capsules to your diet to protect your body against cancer, AIDS, chronic fatigue, hepatitis, allergies, environmental illness.
-Author Unknown

This is a great post!

The gripes that I have with staying healthy nowadays though is the fact that it's very expensive and almost inconvenient. (Yeah... America relies on convenience to stay functioning. Which is why we're all fat. :) ) Herbal supplements and organic foods are just rather expensive when you look at it in the long run, and although the long-term benefits do overcome what you invest into your own well-being, not a lot of people think about that from that perspective. Everyone's out for the "lose weight NOW" and "eat healthy NOW." It sucks... but it's true. :XD:

I could possibly eat a clove of garlic, a teaspoon of honey, a tomato, some blueberries... all of these have great health benefits in the long run. However, I don't think this way on a routine basis. I don't really cook for myself (otherwise this could be easier to achieve if we just cook our own foods and add all of the above into our dishes); I do what most people do and snag easy-to-prepare meals and *gasp* TV dinners like Lean Cuisine. It would be nice to have a single economic-friendly supplement that includes just about everything you could have to benefit your well-being, but I don't think one exists.

Very nice post! The only thing i would have to pick on is that alot of the herbs and plants in whitch you mentioned are foreign, like Ginseng from china. Unless of course i am mistaken and we can grow those plants here in america.

you can definately grow american ginseng, or in my case canadian ginseng, I even drink korean ginseng tea, but then, it isn't 'chinese' ginseng, although I'm sure since its the same plant family it will serve the same purposes:) Believe it or not, there is a difference in where the plant is grown, the gardening methods differ from country to country, not to mention the environmental conditions the plants are grown in, and as a result the plant produces different degrees/amounts of 'healing properties.'