xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeym4692

Login In Using Html

I have looked around and I can't find any code to help me out.I want to make it so you can log in to my site to get member featues.
Could some one please help me

Look into learning PHP and CGI.

You will need to use these languages to generate scripts for member validation, creating a database, and whatnot.

Also, look into a web-hosting service or obtain a server that supports these functions.

I'm also sure there are dummy-proof tools out there. Google them. :XD:

HTML , by itself, is not capable of doing this.You will require PHP, ASP, or CGI scripting to perform this log-in feature and likely a database like MYSQL.Look in the Tutorial Section here on the Xisto or use the search feature to see what scripts other members have made available.

Technically a HTACCESS solution would do if you only needed to protect a small area of the site and if it wasnt top secret stuff or anything, say if it was a site about you and your friends htaccess would be ideal as it would let them login but hopefully keep others out. Its a a lot simpler but not as good as php/cgi.

yes, if you want advanced login/out functions you'll need php cgi/perl etc. a simple htaccess is fine for the average user but for some reason you're really paranoid try using php/perl/cgi scripts.

the HTACCESS method involves a few components, firstly two files, one called .HTACCESS and one called .HTPASSWD and a specific folder you want protected. You chose the folder, say its called "protected" or something and put both of those files above inside it along with any files you want protected, EG all the pages you want protected.now the first file .HTACCESS will have code that will make a little box come on screen and ask a user to login whenever they try to get into the protected area. All the usernames and passwords are stored in the file called .HTPASSWD and if the user's input matches that in the HTPASSWD file they are allowed in. the drawbacks are that only you can register someone, they cant signup to the website you have to enter their username and password manually into the list and it isnt very customizable, all it can do is log someone in or keep them in. the danger is that if someone got hold of the HTPASSWD file they could then see all the usernames, but not the passwords as they are encrypted. Still that is a bad thing, although its not easy to obtain this file.The benefits of this system are that its very easy for someone with no PHP/CGI experience to set-up and maintain.

i have javascript code (over 100 line of code) which performs the actions correcty but i can figure out how to configure because i had ported it from asp.net

Hello mahirharoon,

What is your purpose of putting a login capability/features for your site?

if you really want a login capability then you must use php,asp or other scripting language which can interact with databases, You can use javascript too but the username and password are pre encoded in the page source code and javascript will validate this and put a cokie for that session.

My suggestion is use php with mysql if you want your site visitors to login when they access your site.

thats all, sorry for my bad english. :)

Hello mahirharoon,
What is your purpose of putting a login capability/features for your site?

if you really want a login capability then you must use php,asp or other scripting language which can interact with databases, You can use javascript too but the username and password are pre encoded in the page source code and javascript will validate this and put a cokie for that session.

My suggestion is use php with mysql if you want your site visitors to login when they access your site.

thats all, sorry for my bad english. :)

now i figured how to add accounts
it is interacting with asp.net but it is just proccesing later it will be redirecting to the member cp