xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Punisher12

Speed Runs Like watching people beat games that take days in minutes?

I found this site recently which has a HUGE list of Speed Runs and what not.

Some you have to download, but some you can watch on the Flash Player.

And don't forget to look on YouTube for it, if you don't feel like downloading one. lol

The site pretty much started back when Quake was "The new thing" and everyone was amazed by 3D graphics.
It pretty much was a Speed Run site for Quake until it expanded itself to All Speedruns such as PC, PSX, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, GB, GBC, GBA, etc

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

here you go, enjoy.

Many thanks man. I find my favourite Half-Life here :XD: I never pass this game :) But when I will have my hand OK then I can play it again. But site is great because you can find here many games for console and look at graphic which is used at consoles.

Anyone want to take a look at the Nintendo DS run there? Yep, I did the run for Metroid Prime Hunters. :o I'm very involved in speed running and I'm pretty much programmed to beat a game as fast as I can once I beat it once or twice, out of sheer boredom I suppose. It's quite fun to race against the clock, especially if you try hard enough to make a world record. :D

The best speed run I like is the Mario 64 one. I can never get enough of that game.

Yes i like that one alos. But according to me the best spped runand the only speed run i know is sonic the hedghog. Its an awesome spped run and i used to play alot of this game when i was a young boy. The runny at high speeds and then jumping long long jumps is just an awesome way to past time. I liked the voice i used to get when i passed a coin and when i passed like 100s of them together at great speeds it was awesome(ting ting ting..).According to me it was the best spped run game.

Pretty amazing when you see some people do it. They know alot of shortcuts and neat tricks I wouldn't even find out even after months of playing the game. For example, Final Fantasy X. I clocked over 150 hours on my main file (max stats and all) and there's still some things I didn't even know existed until it was mentioned on the GameFAQs forum in a Speed-Run topic. Someone managed to complete it in less than a day when you'd usually take several weeks. There's even guides out there written to help you do speed runs.

If you've never heard of Speedrundemos you've never played the Quake games! This site had over 15 million hits in 1998 when someone proclaimed they could beat Quake 1 in under 15 minutes. That one instance was the birth of the speedrun.

As for the most impressive: Ninja Gaiden Black in under 2 hours on Master Ninja difficulty with Hurricane Pack Options turned on. Non-tool-assisted. Holy crap.

-reply by Jedekai