xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Punisher12

Best Snes Games Of All Time.

I play roms frequently so I just had to bring up this topic.Here are my ratings. Make up your own categories if you wish, as I am.Most challenging.Super Metroid( this game was prolly one of the toughest games for me when I first played it, it has to be one of the best games of all time )Runner Up.Super Ghouls and Ghosts( this game is also challenging as well. I cant believe someone could run a speed run on this game without being touched. )First EverSuper Mario World( This happened to be the very first game I ever play when I was young. It was something entertaining. )Runner Up.Super Mario All-Stars( What could be better than having a bunch of Mario games in one. One of my personal favorites)Best Co-opSmash TV( Haha I absolutely loved playing this game with my brother, go around shooting things and get money )Runner Up.Wild Guns( I recently downloaded this game and I believe this is one of the best Co-op games that is challenging, you have to dodge things and its a left and right scroller game but its fun trust me )Um, if you'd like to make some kind of catergories, go ahead. You don't have to use mine.

I play roms frequently so I just had to bring up this topic.Here are my ratings. Make up your own categories if you wish, as I am.
Most challenging.
Super Metroid
( this game was prolly one of the toughest games for me when I first played it, it has to be one of the best games of all time )

Runner Up.
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
( this game is also challenging as well. I cant believe someone could run a speed run on this game without being touched. )
First Ever
Super Mario World
( This happened to be the very first game I ever play when I was young. It was something entertaining. )

Runner Up.
Super Mario All-Stars
( What could be better than having a bunch of Mario games in one. One of my personal favorites)
Best Co-op
Smash TV
( Haha I absolutely loved playing this game with my brother, go around shooting things and get money )

Runner Up.
Wild Guns
( I recently downloaded this game and I believe this is one of the best Co-op games that is challenging, you have to dodge things and its a left and right scroller game but its fun trust me )
Um, if you'd like to make some kind of catergories, go ahead. You don't have to use mine.

I'm very surprised you didn't mention great games like Earthbound and Zelda: A Link to the Past.

My favorite snes games would have to be Super Mario World. I found this game to be amazing. It was one of the first games I ever liked. The game play was great and I still continue to play it today. Zelda is also an amazing game. The old school snes game is really great. Its right up there with the new Zelda games minus the graphics. They just don't make the games like they use to with snes. When those games where being made we got tons of superhero games and Mario games but now they are making totally different stuff. I wish we would still get snes type games but for the wii or Xbox 360 or ps3. I think that would really bring the market up. But that is just my opinion.

Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.How about Illusion of Gaia?We're slacking, people. :)

Chrono Trigger. Possibly the best game EVER. I don't think Secret of Mana was as good because the story wasn't as great and... I dunno, it just wasn't as epic, but, man, if you want to play a good RPG, play Chrono Trigger.

I'm going to take it back one genaration and say the best NES game of all time was Gyrus.... lol

Overall, one of the best games was definitely Super Mario World. That game has so much replay value. Every level is just perfect...one of the best platformers ever.Best RPG and another one of the best games ever was Chrono Trigger. I recently downloaded, played, and beat it (and when I say recently, I mean within the last couple months) By far, it had one of the best storylines I had ever seen. Best SNES graphics goes straight to the Donkey Kong Country series. I mean, seriously, look at it. RARE knew what the hell they were doing with that game. The first one alone looks amazing, let alone 3. I mean, the water in some areas was almost realistic. And the layout of all 3 games was just incredible. Those 3 also get best series on SNES for me.Best puzzle game is definitely Wario's Woods. I will not lie to you, I am god at that game after a 15 minute warm up (just to get re-used to the controls). Add to that, there's a lot to do in that game. I mean, you can do time attack to try to get all gold medals. You can go through the 2-player-esque levels,, beating all the wild characters until you get to Wario and defeat him.....then um.....try it again on hard mode. Then there's the single player spot where you go through the levels....and the levels that are after 100 are freaking intense!2nd best series is Megaman X I've fully beaten X and X2, I just need to beat 3. I mean, there's barely any storyline, but it's better that way because it allows you to focus on the action....beating bosses, getting abilities, getting sub and heart tanks. The level layout is pretty awesome. Always unique, and rarely overused (one level in mmx2 was repeated partially....but you dropped down a hole for the Sigma fight. The MMX series also gets most difficult boss because X had the sigma head...and that was a pain in the everything. MMX2 had vector Sigma, and that was easier than *insert young female celebrity here*, but the first Sigma fight in that I believe that one was also quite difficult. The other bosses throughout 2 were hell though....especially those 3 that kept jumping from level to level. MMX also gets the best music. All those songs, though they were techno-ish and had no lyrics, you have to admit, they were catchy as hell. Even as I type this, I have Armored Armadillo's music in my head. There was one part in that that had a guitar solo feel to it. MMX was well rounded and a well made game.And a notable mention goes to the Super Game Boy, which allows you to play game boy games on the SNES. Some even had custom borders and color layouts. For those that didn't, you could choose different ones, or even make your own (yes, for both color and border).Another notable mention goes to Super Mario RPG. That was an epic game with a pretty good storyline.

Best RPG and another one of the best games ever was Chrono Trigger. I recently downloaded, played, and beat it (and when I say recently, I mean within the last couple months) By far, it had one of the best storylines I had ever seen.

Not to mention the amount of replays it can take. It has over 12 endings presumably,each one very different. You can even finish the game without Crono himself if I'm not mistaken. CT might be near to one of the best RPG's of all time, not just of the SNES. It has a very interestings story, brilliant battle system, and even cool graphics by Akira Toriyama, creater of Dragonball. Truly a perfect game.

Well, you can completely forget to take Magus, so indeed, if that happens, and you lose Crono, then you can finish the game without them. I rarely play without Marle, for the need of a healer. But I confess, without either Crono or Magus, any of the many places you can fight the final boss is hard. Frog's not too bad as you mentioned though.

Best RPG: Chrono TriggerIt can't be said enough. This game has to be the most awesome RPG for the SNES (It is a close tie to FF7 as to which is the best ever)Close Second is Bahemut Lagoon (only released in Japan but there is a rom with an english translation going around) Made by Squaresoft (they made Chrono Trigger too) this is a strategy/turn based rpg that involved the use of dragons.Best Graphics: Donkey Kong Country 3Its crazy that they could do this with the hardware they had. The graphics are smooth and beautiful.Best Fighter: Street fighter Alpha 2I have loved the Street Fighter series for ever and I like this game especially due to its range of characters.Best Platformer: Super Mario WorldJust the fact that they are still making ports of it up into the 2000s shows how awesome it is.Best Action Game: Legend of Zelda A Link to the PastThe 2nd best Zelda game of all time. This game redefined the series and it was accessible to everyone.Best Under Appreciated Game: The FiremenYes it sounds gay and some of you might be wondering WTF is it but its actually fun and challenging. It looks really cartoonish but it has GREAT game play. (get the rom and just try it)Best Racing Game: F-ZeroI remember me and my brother playing this game over and over. It didn't have many bells and whistles but it leaves an impression on you none the less.Best Sim game: SimCityYou can play this for hours building many different cities and keeping up with loads of different stats and even cleaning up when natural disasters or Godzilla hits town.Best Side Scrolling Smash-um-up: Battletoads in battlemaniacsWho wouldn't like to be a huge toad bashing on pigs with over sized body parts? (Characters are awesome)Best 2 player game (co-op): Zombies Ate My NeighborBashing zombies with pop grenades and other every day objects with a friend, it just doesn't get any better then that.Other great games:Act Raiser (action)Breath of Fire (RPG)Breath of Fire II (RPG)Captian America and the Avengers (side scrolling bash-um-up)Earthbound (RPG)Lost Vikings (strategy/action)Secret of Mana (action/RPG)Secret of Evermore (RPG) (Seriouslly underrated, really good RPG about a boy and his dog. The items system is fun and awesome)Shadowrun (RPG)The Simpsons, Bart's Nightmare (action)Star Fox (flying)Star Ocean (RPG)StreetFighter II (fighter)Super Double Dragon (Side Scrolling Bash-um-up)Super Mario Cart (racing)Super Mario RPG - Legend of the 7 Stars (RPG/Platformer)Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time (Side Scrolling Bash-um-up)