xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
street

Man Pays Big Tax Bill In Coins And $1 Bills

I found this article to be very funny and intresting at the same time. A landlord had to pay his property tax bill which was $12,656 dollars so he decided to pay it all in coins and dollar bills :XD:. The land lord said that "he wanted people to see the pain of his property tax bill". He also said"I did it so people can physically see what $12,000 is".

Yea right i doubt that he wanted to do that he just wanted to give the bank a hard time and get a good laugh out of it. :) Also if someone wants to see how 12,000 dollars look they can just google it or imagine in there head a stack of money in a briefcase full of hundreds of dollars.

This is what is still on my mind is how was he able to collect all those coins and dollars for so long. I guess he was really determine to save up every single coin and dollar he ever got and spend the $20 and $100. I would never be able to save up all my coins for that long i would have already converted them in to dollars.

Source(Landlord pays tax with coins)

That's pretty funny I think. Sort of stinks for the staff that had to count it all because I don't think he was trying to prove anything to them really. Street I hope you realize though that he probably didn't save all that up. If he had the $12000 in the bank he could have them take it out as $1 bills and coins or give him a lot of it and he could take it out at many banks and if they didn't have enough $1 bills or coins he could take them to a store and each store he goes to have them cash a bill for $1 bills although it probably did take a few weeks to accumulate it all.

Yes, i agree too, he is so angry to pay the tax that he did this to joke with the bank.Anyway, it is so stupid, people must understand why they pay taxes and other things, the money is meant to create jobs, maintain jobs, create houses, streets and so on, one must pay those taxes because that i how the government will "make" money to do what they promisse, at least to the ones who voted for them.I do not like to pay taxes too, but i must and i do understand why, so i am not angry enough to do this kind of stupid acts like giving 12.000 like this, the guy just wants publicity or this was a vendeta for him, nonetheless, anyone with a clear mind will not give him the reason.

I didn't even know you could pay it with coins and cash...$12,000 is allot of money to go get in coins and bills. Did he go the bank and ask for 12000, 1 dollar bills?The most I have held was about 1,500 when we bought my brothers car.

If he doesn't like paying property taxes, then he can rent. The landlord pays the taxes...though said landlord usually does build that cost into the monthly rent. But still.I hate when adults throw tantrums over adult responsibilities in ways that inconvenience others. I feel for the people who had to handle, count and mark receipts for all those bills and coins. And I definitely feel for the person who had to haul all that money to the bank. Big, fat waste of time.

Thats funny as long as you aren't the one that has to count very single coin and bill.Weird enough... I also have an example of my own. I live in a flat and the next door neighbor is crazy. Not only that he is crazy, but he also has a lot of free time. The combination of those two drive the rest of the people (including myself) who live in the flat insane. Besides the fact that he does not pay on time, even though he has money (he just doesn't want to... he now has 2 year old 1200$ debt to the flat committee) he does all kinds of stupid things. He pays the flat bills thru the mail (even though he could just take the elevator 6 floors up and pay the president of the flat committee directly) and more recently to pay his monthly flat bill only in coins... a bag full of coins...So you see, funny as it may seem this kind of gestures can turn into a big headache.

This is probably one of the funniest things I have heard in a while. Land lords are always butt heads when it comes to payin rent on time and its funny seein him angry he has to pay taxes on the money he recieves. I wish I had a house to pay taxes on. Lol. What blows my mind is he had to count it too before he brought the money so he was jus makin it harder on himself too. Of course, that's okay. He obviously hates that he has to pay taxes on it so I guess he has decided to atleast get a laugh out of it. I would probably feel sick too if i had to give up 12 grand cash money. I would probably do the same thing just so I wouldn't have to feel bad for payin that much money. It's still funny as hell though.

He did it as a payback its obvious, because if you have to pay that much in taxes, what every few months, then you might as well make them work for all that money. Yeah I feel sorry for the person who has to count all that money, because its their job but its the governments that are screwing people on taxes. but that is another topic though.

I doubt he did it solely to show how much his taxes are. I'm sure there are thousands of people with more taxes than that, mainly in the upper class. To pay in coins is really pretty selfish, if you don't like the taxes then move, there are places with extremely cheap taxes. It's really unfair for the person who has to count all the change he sends them too.