xisto Community
angad619

How To Get All Pages To Be Indexed Bot question

I use the .co.nr url shortening service from freedomain.co.nrBut when I submit my site to google, only the homepage of my blog is shown in the search results. I can't get my individual posts to be indexed. Can I do something?

if you are talking about a forum here, I think you should be able to get the pages index by making the changes in the PHP code from your admin CP. if you are talkng about your own web pages that you created yourself, then you should consider editting the META TAGS in all the pages you want the search engine robots to index.

Also, if the re-direct service adds a 'frame' to your site, the Bots will not be able to index the pages other than your Index.Most redirection services do use Frames. Check the pages by doing a view-source to see if they have added the Frame tags to the HTML your site contains.

Search Engine Optimization: means to optimize your website so that it is indexed properly and at higher rankings in different search engines. It is not a very complicated science. Many people haven\'t even done any optimization to their websites and their sites are still doing quite well.

Why are their sites doing well? Well, it takes time, luck and they were probably doing some things right anyway, so it worked. So where do we start first? I have listed a few steps in detail, to the best of my knowledge that will help you a lot in search engine optimization.

Please follow the link in bold given at the start of the post.

WoW , you've just opened a died topic again, the previous post is for 2007 ! anyway you can find many articles trying to say how to make your webpage to be indexed fast and complete. Seo is really a complex thing and i still can not say that i know what seo is after 4 years of web developing. but there is some simple rules that using them will lead your page to be indexed more easily. i will give you some examples :1. if you are using a CMS then you will be able to find some extensions for it to make it more google friendly, these extensions will sometimes do something good but in most of the times they are useless. for example you can find many extensions for joomla which are able to do the gzip thing for your website for getting it to load faster but the result is slower indexing ! so what you should do if you want gzip ? very simple just get a web hosting service that supports it and then with some small lines on your .htaccess you will be able to gzip your website and then you can check the results with page speed or other optimizing checking tools. so i want to say that if you are using a cms try to do things yourself or if you want to use an extension for seo be aware of its side effects, some of them have many options and just enabling some few is enough to get a better score in optimization.2. be aware of robot.txt, this a very useful file which will make google to look everywhere except those you have specified in this file. so if you have a forum and you found that all of your calendar is indexed then it is a good thing to insert your calendar url in the robot.txt so peoples will find more useful results when they search your website and also your indexing speed will get higher. but be careful not to enter your main urls in it :D . also you can use this file when you don't want people to find some pages of your website in google and make them as a surprise for visitors. if you want to know what exactly this file does then take a look at wikipedia : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. find some checking tools, when you think you have done but you see that google is not indexing you soon enough then try to check your website with something. what google can give you is webmaster tools, use it and you can find how many pages are indexed and if you have mistakenly blocked some pages in your robot.txt , using this tool is a great help.4. do you have a sitemap ?! sitemap is a weird thing but useful. in webmaster tools of google you can enter sitemap of your website and i can say it is really working, give your sitemap to it and you will see how fast google will index you website. some softwares or CMSs doesn't have a sitempa by default so you need to use some extensions to build one. entering it in webmaster tool is not enough you have to check it regularly to see if it is updating correctly or not.5. seo friendly urls, this is important too. now many CMSs and forum scripts have this option to make user friendly urls for your website, using them will result in better or sometimes worse indexing result. will them make your indexing results worse ? yes, for example a forum script or software like mybb is able to give you seo friendly urls but after sometime you will recognize in google you can only see the first pages, what happened ? if a software doesn't use a good procedure of making seo friendly urls then google will find many urls to be same (this is a weird behavior of google but anyway we can not do anything about it) so sometimes you need some modifications to get it right. again i recommend to see the side effects of enabling this option in softwares before enabling it!and in the end i want to say the most important thing in getting indexed is number of the visitors, get more visitors and you will get more and more indexed even if you don't know anything about SEO.