xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matak

250 Credits For One Year Of Hosting Suggestion Suggestion for new application

Hy peeps. That forum "Post a new topic in My Ideas, Theories, Possiblities, Innovation" (possiblities is misspelled :) ), is forum forum for my first posts, and i guess for few last ones (unless it gets accepted :XD:) j/k (memories)

Anyway trap has a good offer for 250 credits for one year of domain, and i was wondering why can't be an offer for 250 credits for one year of hosting.

Here's how i think it goes, and why 250 credits application could be a good one.

buying a hosting for a website, means that you have a good idea for your website

when you are achieving that goal you don't have much time to post on forums, but you are dedicated to developing your website

after development you need a good host to test your website

if in your free time you managed to stay active on trap forums an gather at least 250 credit (which isn't that hard) you can go for one year hosting application

one year hosting is approved, and you don't lose credits for one year after that approval

if you don't have enough credits to buy another year of hosting then your account is canceled, or you just start to lose your credits unless you canceled your account

Gathering 250 credits requires patience, and again if you gather so much you wouldn't have to wory about your credits going to be brought back to 0 after your 30 credits hosting application is approved.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Spelling corrected and moved to Feedback > Suggestions

Not to be mean, but I prefer to stick with the current system, otherwise people would just build up credits, buy the hosting and not post for awhile; thus, killing the point of the Xisto system. The system in place keeps people active in the forum so more, and more helpful content is added daily rather than in bursts every couple of months or so.Also, the credits represent how many days of hosting we get, so 250 credits wouldn't be fair anyways, because that would only be worth 250 days of hosting rather than 365, so everyone would be going for that deal instead of just getting 30 credits and getting hosting and paying the 365 credits a year.This is just my view, I hope I wasn't mean, and if I was, I apologize.

I have to agree, that is the reason why the credit system was put in place, for people to post content and on the rebound earn free hosting on a package that would otherwise wold have ot be bought for like $2-3 a month. Also that is why you can buy credits as well. There have been a few people who purchase credits for emergency purposes, and if your making good money in adsense, you practically paid your emergency credits right there. It is a good suggestion but like t3jem said it would have to be a 365 package since it lasts 1 year.

I have to agree, that is the reason why the credit system was put in place, for people to post content and on the rebound earn free hosting on a package that would otherwise wold have ot be bought for like $2-3 a month. Also that is why you can buy credits as well. There have been a few people who purchase credits for emergency purposes, and if your making good money in adsense, you practically paid your emergency credits right there. It is a good suggestion but like t3jem said it would have to be a 365 package since it lasts 1 year.

Yep! your suggestion counts. You got 5 Years worth of hosting credits in your account. :XD: Go on a vaccation.. (don't ask me to sponsor though :))

This would probably be pretty hard to integrate anyway. I think if they were to do this they ought to make it so you lose all your credits and then are credited 365 hosting credits which will go down. That way if you still continue to post but you choose to break rules your credits can still be deducted for spam posts and what. The idea itself though seems sort of weird anyway. If you have 250 credits already anyway that should surely be enough time for you to come back on the forums once every 10 days of those days. They have the option to purchase credits like already stated so I sort of think that'd be enough. Otherwise people will come on post post post until they hit 250 and we won't see them for a year, then they'll come back and do the same again.

Ok, i'm just interested will my credits go to 0 couse now i have 150, if i get accepted for 30 credits application? :XD:

Ok, i'm just interested will my credits go to 0 couse now i have 150, if i get accepted for 30 credits application? :XD:

Yes your credits will bet sent to between 1 and 4 credits. They are reset after you are accepted for hosting. The way you make credits before hosting is a little easier because Xisto wants you to be able to earn your credits so you can be hosted right away. Once you are accepted, they are reset and you'll have to start earning them again.

Yes your credits will bet sent to between 1 and 4 credits. They are reset after you are accepted for hosting. The way you make credits before hosting is a little easier because Xisto wants you to be able to earn your credits so you can be hosted right away. Once you are accepted, they are reset and you'll have to start earning them again.

thanks for explanation. :XD: Edited by matak (see edit history)

Credit bank idea tweak. After reading the above it might be interesting to have a credit bank that is mostly used for users going on vocation. So say a user is going away for a while he can activate the vacation bank. So instead of a year it might be interesting to have two or three months with the vacation bank. On another note there might be a credit cost to use the vocation bank so say a month is 30 credits the bank will say be 20 or 30 credits to use and will automatically deduct 30 credits a month to say for two or three months. With the vocation banks still on it will deduct say another 20 credits for a two or three month bank and again take the 30 credits a month for the next three month vacation bank. Also the vocation bank may require a activation post. This might be a workable solution.

Hmmm..its a good idea, however, i beleive it should be 280, just like the domain, so when the year is up, you have 30 credits to fall back on, actually, more then 280, i say it should be like 20 credits less then a year credits is (345). I mean it makes a little more sense then Xisto getting ripped off of a little less then 100 credits..either way it hink the credit system is fine now that i think more about it. I mean, whats the point of it? It makes Xisto get screwed in the end, as they loose active member, they have to hold your host for a year, even if you just pick your stuff up and leave...doesn't make sense. If you want a year, get 365 credits, and there you go.

Credit bank idea tweak. After reading the above it might be interesting to have a credit bank that is mostly used for users going on vocation. So say a user is going away for a while he can activate the vacation bank. So instead of a year it might be interesting to have two or three months with the vacation bank. On another note there might be a credit cost to use the vocation bank so say a month is 30 credits the bank will say be 20 or 30 credits to use and will automatically deduct 30 credits a month to say for two or three months. With the vocation banks still on it will deduct say another 20 credits for a two or three month bank and again take the 30 credits a month for the next three month vacation bank.
Also the vocation bank may require a activation post.

This might be a workable solution.

There is a credits bank system you can use. If you go to the Xisto Process Page you can add credits to the bank. If you add a few credits there every week or so they will eventually add up. Then when you go on vacation, take them out of the bank and use them. That way you will keep your normal credits separate from your vacation credits.

I think this would be a good idea for hosted members only. When you're non-hosted, you can't apply for the 250 package.But then when you're hosted, if you start building up 250 credits, and you have enough, your credits get reset to -29.99 (yes, they actually get reset, so if you have 365 credits already, don't bother with the 250 hosting plan) and then freeze there for one year. You can post to get it back up, but the rate is 3x as slow as it would be normally, since your account doesn't get suspended (it can get "special" status as a "one-year hosting" plan). Then, when the year is up, the credits start going down again.

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)

It's not a BAD idea exactly, but it DOES defeat the point of the system, still, 285 credits is pretty close to 365 anyway, and since 1 credit means 1 day of hosting, just post actively for a little longer and you have a year right there. :lol:

There is a credits bank system you can use. If you go to the Xisto Process Page you can add credits to the bank. If you add a few credits there every week or so they will eventually add up. Then when you go on vacation, take them out of the bank and use them. That way you will keep your normal credits separate from your vacation credits.

So you can actually withdraw your credit bank credits?

I want to save mine up so that I can get 250 credits for a domain name. I already have 140, but I wasn't sure if the bank was only to be used as a bank for awarding credits to other people.

EDIT: No, they actually can't be stored and withdrawn. I checked the process page, and the bank is deposit-only. This is to "ensure that there are always credits to award inside the bank".

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)