xisto Community
OmArEmAd

Need Help With My Database I cannot transfer my old sites database

I Couldn't import my database info via Import from php my admin and i got the .sql file from the php my admin of my old hosting and every time i try to import it give me an error that i don't have the permissions to do.... :XD:What shall i do??I need Help Please

did you set the right permissions for that database?I think that might be the problem, when you make the database, you need to asign a username thing to it, and then set its permissions :/ if not, idk sorry

While saving your sql information from your old site did you save it in the gzip format. Cause if you save it .zip phpmy admin will not be able to import your data.

First things first, have you created the database using the database tool that is NOT inside PMA?In the cpanel there is a tool called "MYSQL DATABASES" in there are the tools for you to create the database itself, you cant create any databases within PMA on T17, you need to use the tool i mention. I dont think you need to create a new user to use PMA but bare in mind that to use a script, eg PHP with a username you will need to create this user using the tool i mentioned above. Once thats all been done try getting the raw SQL code from your export and just nav to the database you want to create tables in and paste the code into the SQL box under the SQL tab and that should work. If this is what youre already doing then try checking the permissions for your users in the tool i said above, if there are no users then create one and give it full permissions, you could try a ROOT user if it isnt there already, if it is then give it full permissions and try again.

It's weird to "don't have permissions" with the database.I always do this:Export the database in version 4.0 and zip, checking "drop database" (I don't like to make incrementals)Create a database in other hosting, take note of the name of it, the username and the passwordChoose the database created in mysql and then import the zipped databaseHope this steps help you to have your database working in the new site...

Make sure you are exporting the database as a proper version of sql and that you are importing the same version. Also, as others have said make sure the database already exists or else PHPMyAdmin will not let you create it on Xisto. Finally, make sure the database is correct and not corrupt since i have had bad exports before.

First things first, have you created the database using the database tool that is NOT inside PMA?
In the cpanel there is a tool called "MYSQL DATABASES" in there are the tools for you to create the database itself, you cant create any databases within PMA on T17, you need to use the tool i mention. I dont think you need to create a new user to use PMA but bare in mind that to use a script, eg PHP with a username you will need to create this user using the tool i mentioned above.

Once thats all been done try getting the raw SQL code from your export and just nav to the database you want to create tables in and paste the code into the SQL box under the SQL tab and that should work.

If this is what youre already doing then try checking the permissions for your users in the tool i said above, if there are no users then create one and give it full permissions, you could try a ROOT user if it isnt there already, if it is then give it full permissions and try again.

Exactly right on! That's what I was going to say. I'm sure that is the problem.

:):D:(:D:D :XD: :):D:D:D:(:angry::angry::angry: :angry:None of you are giving me useful things........ :XD: .........I'm not a noob in web hosting.....And not a noob in using PHPMyAdmin......All the things you told me to do i already did men...... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Did you modify the SQL file to use the correct mysql information? If you are installing the database here on the Xisto, the database requires a prefix. Add "youruser-name_" to the front of the database. Check the MySQL tab in your cpanel to see what I mean.Example, for my account, the database is prefixed with "jlhaslip_" so the mysql file named "forum" becomes "jlhaslip_forum".Hope this helps.

I'm not a noob in web hosting.....

And not a noob in using PHPMyAdmin......

I can understand that we might sound patronising but at the end of the day we have no idea if youre a professional website developer with certificates in website management r a 13 yr old child with no experience s were just covering things from the bottom up just in case you have never used PMA before or something.

anyway, try what Jlhaslip suggested, i totally forgot about prefixes

Did you modify the SQL file to use the correct mysql information? If you are installing the database here on the Xisto, the database requires a prefix. Add "youruser-name_" to the front of the database. Check the MySQL tab in your cpanel to see what I mean.
Example, for my account, the database is prefixed with "jlhaslip_" so the mysql file named "forum" becomes "jlhaslip_forum".

Hope this helps.

Thx alot jlhaslip....That's very helpful and i wanna know now how to add that prefix to my .sql file???

In the SQL file, which is a simple text file, there will be an SQL command to 'create' the database. Edit the name of the database in that SQL command. If you need any further assistance, please post the section of the SQL file with the Create command, please.

Just edit it, but be sure to save a copy of the original file under another name as a backup.