xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Witchcraft

So I was looking at the news today and I saw a bit about the Witchcraft Museum at Boscastle in Cornwall. Got me to thinking about Witchcraft as a true concept. I was taught in my history classes that Witchcraft or Blackmagic was a historical myth. Witches were old woman who were excluded from the community and for many reasons were subject to rumour and superstition vs religious dogma and communual social fear.Does Witchcraft exist ? Is there any real evidence that Blackmagic works ? Does the Devil do his work on earth ? Where is the evidence ?

Witchcraft is very much alive and well. My significant other Dizzy on this message board is actually a very talented witch. I can't say she rides broomsticks or any of that stuff. But she does have a certain aura around her and abilities that can't be explained by any other form of magick out there. I can't offer proof other then it depends on what you believe to be proof of it's existence.

"The man who in 1912 discovered continental drift, German meteorologist Alfred Wegener, was scoffed at and ridiculed by the other scientists of his day. Today, many years and several generations later, we know what he said is true. The continents do drift, or move apart over time and that at one time all the continents were connected together into one supercontinent called Pangea. We know this continent split apart into the several continents we see today. We also know these continents continue to drift apart.

It has been said that when a new truth is introduced into science (and probably everywhere) the old guard - the scientists entrenched in power - never accept a new truth. Rather the old generation has to die off in order for the new idea to be accepted. The new idea is accepted by the new generation. " --- from Remembering Atlantis by Drs. Barbara and Daniel Condron

Scientific "discovery" is by no means free from political intrigue and interplay. "As men believe so goes the world." There are always those with power who will help guide us in our collective beliefs ... and not from the kindness of their hearts. You will see no "proof" until the idea is accepted and mainstreamed. We find what we seek, and we're told where to look.

Many ideas and theories regarding supernatural and paranormal phenomena are alread gaining acceptance... i doubt it will be long before "conclusive proof" of the more popular ideas starts popping up.

I'm not Christian and I don't believe in the Christian Devil. I do believe in magick and psychic powers that we are born with, such as clairvoyance, and bits of power/influence that objects are imbued with. Of course, I don't believe in the stereotypical witches (who does?). And I do believe in 'dark' magic, but it's not neccessary the same as 'evil'.

I think the best way to solve this would be to conduct a seance and contact Mr. Aleister Crowley. He may give us all the information we need, I can assure you :rolleyes: In all honesty, I do find a lot of that stuff very intriguing. Psychic abilities, the paranormal, the Ouija board...witchcraft too, I suppose. The alleged power behind it is frightening, if you ask me...I'd like to try some of it one day, though, just for kicks and giggles, you know? haha

Umm,usually many people donot believe the imaginary or mythological things.but it is different from Christ,exactly is God.as what you mentioned,the witchesa a old woman master witchcraft.in real world,she does not exist at all and never have existed before.Science can prove anything including alleged witchcraft.it must be a juggle play some one who master good technique i think.that is to say,if it exists by if you belive or not,lying on the thought yourself.

It's just like ghosts and all that kinda crap, I've never seen a ghost or anything but I still think there could be ghots and all that. In Brazil they still practice some kind of Voodo black magic called Macumba or something like that, and this people do crazy crap man and sacrifice things and I've heard some pretty real stories about all that, but since it hasn't happened to me I don't know if belive it or not but yeah I think there's a possiblility just like UFOS! :rolleyes: