xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OmArEmAd

Download Accelerator Plus

Download Accelerator Plus

The great program for downloading your files and it also manages it and you can pause your downloads while its not finished yet and also you can play the downloaded part of a media ( if you are downloading a media file ) and you can view the content of any ziped file you are downloading and so on...... :P

Download instructions :

1-Open http://www.speedbit.com/

Then click on Get Dap Free :P

I've tried this when my computer know-how wasn't as good. What happened was my downloads actually went slower, and they promised that you could pause a download and resume it anytime you want. So, I downloaded 25% or so of a file, paused it, and shutdown the computer. Upon rebooting and trying to resume the download, I received an error message. Trust me folks, this is a waste of time, if you want to pause your downloads without shutting down your computer, then just download with Firefox, it comes standard.

I try DAP sometimes, but still lacks of some of the characteriticas that offer ReGetDx, but this one you must to pay to use it.I recommend to try with Orbit Downloader instead of DAP, you'll find a best software in it.

dap.. its a great one.. but.. i dont use it anymore..coz.. u see.. i use firefox these days and couldnt make dap interact with firefox.. so, i use flashgot..but, dap is awesome.. for the intital part of a file gets downloaded at a blazing speed.. and moreover, we can continue our downloads..

There are very few good free download managers...the most important thing for me is one which allows auto-restarting, since my interent connection is not extremely reliable....Free Download Manager does this along with a couple of others, so that if your internet cuts out just after the 800th MB, you don't have to restart it all over agian which is useful....and yes, it does work even if you turn off your computer....

I seem to get the same speed on the free version as I do with the opera and firefox downloader

The Best Speed You Can get it via the Dap Pro....(the paid version)

I've tried this when my computer know-how wasn't as good. What happened was my downloads actually went slower, and they promised that you could pause a download and resume it anytime you want. So, I downloaded 25% or so of a file, paused it, and shutdown the computer. Upon rebooting and trying to resume the download, I received an error message. Trust me folks, this is a waste of time, if you want to pause your downloads without shutting down your computer, then just download with Firefox, it comes standard.

while downloading with the dap....

in the download windows down there is written "Resume Supported" or "Resume not Supported"

So if "Resume not Supported" is written then if you paused it you cannot resume it

and if "Resume Supported" is written you can pause the download and resume it whenever you want

And that's it

while downloading with the dap....
in the download windows down there is written "Resume Supported" or "Resume not Supported"

So if "Resume not Supported" is written then if you paused it you cannot resume it

and if "Resume Supported" is written you can pause the download and resume it whenever you want

And that's it

Resume is never supported, how convenient indeed. Quite contrary to what they seem to claim.
Edited by dre (see edit history)

Resume is never supported, how convenient indeed. Quite contrary to what they seem to claim.

Resume is not never supported. It has an arrow or a cross below the "resume" section. I have the paid version and its great.

A better download program would be "Internet Download Manager" but then again you have to pay for it after the trial but I find it better as its able to integrate in many browsers, support resumes obviously seeing that its a download manager and capture links. Also it manages the files into separate folders making it much easier to find files, eg. one for music(.mp3, mp4, etc), one for video(rm, mpeg, etc), one for programs(exe, etc), one for compression types (.zip,.rar, etc)and one for documents(.pdf,.doc,etc).

I am surprised nobody has mentioned DownThemAll yet for Firefox! its the best download manager I have ever seen :)DAP never worked for me, so I turned to this free alternative, that supports resuming on supported servers, up to 10 connections to the source and so on :)It also supports downloading the entire web page for viewing later :)Downthemall.NetThnx for reading-reply by Kurtis

Im not a fan of Download accelerator plus at all...I feel that its the same speed im getting with the normal version..The only thing thats helped me to get to my max speed if FlashGetAnd moreover it's free...just go get it off the site and u will know that it's way better then Download accerelator plus..FOR SURE!!!Cheers <_<