xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
9block

Google Tv Exists And How To Invite Yourself!

Thats awesome! I like how it takes things from your e-mail and makes them match your video preferences. I can't remember my google account name so I'll have to make a new one... I'm not sure if I'll get a Google TV invite anyway, I sort of like it when it comes out in all it's glory and everyone talks about it and you don't know it all all ready.

I saw this yesterday, I haven't tried it because I found it on a page telling it's a hoax. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ So no they just want you to waste your time attempting to log in over and over. Good luck to those that want to try though.

I have a Gmail account, but after I try to find the Products link to copy & paste in the e-mail, nothing!The difference is that my account is in spanish, so I think maybe this is for a international or USA google accounts.Well, after all, I discover some other stuff: google loco, google bearshare, google gothic (it rulezZZZZZZ!!!), and other more... :P

Well, I looked into it more and this is what i found...

Update: Just to clear up potential doubts that may still exist, I asked Google for an official statement. Here you go:
Mark Erickson’s “Infinite Solutions” segment highlights Gmail’s seemingly “infinite” powers – from gobs of storage and lightning fast search to some of the best anti-spam action in the business (and how about that sweet Easter Egg cowbell in Gmail Chat?). Alas, Mark’s “Google TV beta” is simply a figment of his fertile imagination. But great entertainment for all of us here at the Googleplex.

Google TV (Hoax) by Philipp Lenssen

Im going to try it anyway... but I doubt 114 tries lol. Only thing I don;t understand is the public coordination with this "prak" so i have my doubts - but ima keep trying and let you know.

edit...
looking into it further, alot of credited video creators and users are posting vids

eg: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

reedit...

theres alot of prove and disprove towards this theory... im teetering towards the fake side but I guess we'll find out in time. I wouldn't recommend tryin it for too long.
Edited by 9block (see edit history)

Well, I'm not so sure that it's a hoax. A whois of googletv.com revealed that it was owned by Google Inc. (also, I found out that they owned 9042 others).But there is also some evidence that suggests that this is a hoax. For example, why would the icon have a M in the middle of the TV? In Gmail it makes sense, but TV?All we can do at the moment is wait and see...

The first time I saw this, I thought it was real and I tried it hoping that it will work, but unfortunately it didn't. I know this is a hoax, there is no doubt about it, first because it didn't work, but also because, if you look at Mark Erickson?s other videos on youtube, you will see that they are all just funny and for entertainment only. The thing about them is that they seem soooooo real that people tend to beleive them at first, and some people still keep beleiving them, but they are not true and are only meant to be funny.

its amazing I think, that google is so powerful, people can say anything about it and most will believe. Next, we will hear about google making a computer that sells for ten dollars, and people will all be searching for where to buy. Google's secretive nature and near internet omnipotence give people the impression that it can really do most anything.

Wow you guys are so gullible. Do you not realize that every video that Mark Erickson makes is a joke? Of course this doesn't exist. Just take the time to look at the other videos he makes. Yes they are funny but not true.